Hacking "minisd" in the Supercard menu - wtf is that?!

cubeikon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hey guys,

I do own a Supercard miniSD, and theres that application listed in the Supercard menu which is calles "minisd".....if I start it the GBA Bootup-sequence comes up, and the top screen turns yellow after that.......thats about it........

I was just wondering what that is, and if anyone has ever heard of that "bug" ?! I checked my miniSD card in windows for any hidden folders or something, but there seems to be nothing...

I also tried to reformat my miniSD card, and even with the blank card in there it displays "minisd"....thats just weird. (sc firmware 1.63, that didnt help anything either)

help would be appreciated
bye guys
cube

fehlerki4.jpg

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What type of SD card is it? Maybe the manufacturer put it on there for some reason..

Also, do you have any files on the card? Does it only show up when the card is empty?

nerd1

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I think its the last GBA game you ran that was loaded into the cart but wasnt cleared properly when you turned off your unit.

cubeikon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
What type of SD card is it? Maybe the manufacturer put it on there for some reason..

Also, do you have any files on the card? Does it only show up when the card is empty?

It's a Sandisk 1GB miniSD card.......
It makes no difference if the card is empty or not, "minisd" is always there....

@nerd1: What could I do about that? Shouldn't the ram of the supercard be cleared after a while...

science

science rules
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Heres a long shot, but try updating it to the newest firmware. If it is already the newst one, downgrade then upgrade again.

100 posts!

cubeikon

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I just upgraded the firmware yesterday to the new version 1.63 and that didnt do anything
frown.gif

EDIT: I just downgraded to 1.61 and back up to 1.63.....no changes...

jigaboo

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I can think of one thing that might kill the ram on the SC, but it's a bit risky. Open it up, and disconnect its battery, wait 1/2 hour, then reconnect. HOWEVER, if the battery is soldered on and you don't know your way around a soldering iron, I would recommend you NOT do this and learn to just ignore the entry...

J

ssj4android

Trophies
XP
Country
Have you tried running the Supercard's built in tests? Hold L and R while it starts. Does it effect anything else? Have you tried another miniSD card?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."