MiniSD Bricks?

Discussion in 'Supercard' started by Hollysmoke, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Hollysmoke
    OP

Hollysmoke Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2006
    Canada
    I just ordered one when my friend told me about it, but I don't wanna brick my DS. That said, how does this happen and how can I avoid it? =/

2. sipoon

sipoon GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2006
    New Zealand
    Don't worry about it, just go for it. Just look at the guides on gbatemp and have a go yourself.
    As long as you use your common sense its fine

3. leehom

leehom Member

Newcomer
    Sep 4, 2006
    I dont think the miniSD bricks your DS. I believe you can only brick your DS when trying to flash it.

4. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    dont believe this story please, i sold over 100 supercard minisd and only 1 of them had an error. and that was sdram error and i got a replacement from the supercard factory. the bricking story is not true [​IMG]

5. bobbyblunt

bobbyblunt Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jul 8, 2006
    The only way you can brick is if the supercard or mini-sd has damaged or bent pins. Then you can short out your DS and blow a fuse.

But lenselijer is right, I don't think those bricking rumours were true.

Or you maybe thinking about the supercard itself bricking? This only happens if you have a fake card and try to update the firmware on it.

6. Hollysmoke
    OP

Hollysmoke Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 2, 2006
    Canada
    Oh okay, that makes me feel better [​IMG]

I should be receiving it soon. How would said pins get damaged? Like, what do people do for that to happen so I can avoid it?

7. lenselijer

lenselijer GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Mar 27, 2006
    Netherlands
    putting the minisd card with the wrong side up? but i dont think you can damage the pins that way.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice