Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France

mini vMac

Now gets 4 MB of RAM

If you haven't gotten the slightest clue yet, mini vMac is Lazyone's emulator for the Nintendo DS Handheld. The latest entry taken from his blog reveals that mini vMac can use up to 4 MB of RAM.

Lazyone said:

Thanks again to all those who donated towards the Supercard, now Mini vMac can use the ram on some gba slot cards (Supercard/M3).

Now that it is possible I can include builds for a 4MB configuration but keep in mind that there is a performance hit.

Currently it will run at 8-16fps when using ram in the gba slot, but hopefully there is room for improvement somewhere.

UPDATE:

Thanks to the help of WinterMute on IRC the speed penalty when using external ram is alot smaller with a difference of around 3fps compared to using the main ram.

And finally, a picture of 4MB emulation on hardware (Thanks to RyanFB)

antwill

Better Than You
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
What is this supposed to be? It says an emulator but what kind and is there any point of running it? I probably cant run it as i have a slot 1 card right?

Scratch2k

Trophies
XP
Country
This works fine on M3/R4. I have it running on my M3 DS Simply. You just need to patch it with the DLDI library and follow the directions to create a disk image.

It's a complicated process and not entirely worth the effort IMHO, but then, it's no different to running a C64 or Apple II emulator on your DS...if there's some software from your old Mac days that you simply can't live without and your actual mac has exploded, melted or makes a nice fishtank, then this may be a viable solution.

imgod22222

GBAtemp's Original No-faced Member
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meaning: if you have a mac from before the "all about the white looks" and while the floppy was the way to install programs to a mac, then this is for you. strangely, it is for me. But what kind of image does this emu need?

skullstatue

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I installed this application before, but I deleted it because I didn't see the point. What kind of things can you do when you have the appropriate software installed?

ros_128

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the real question is: Does it run Oregon Trail?
wink.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended