OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hello guys,

This was a post on another user's thread I wrote that was helping other users with some ppl liking it. Then I decided to write this mini tutorial to help you out in case you need to migrate your O3DS stuff to your N3DS.

The process is really straight forward and if you are careful enough you'll not screw up anything. But for the "faint of heart" (or too much careful if you prefer ;), right blechner), I'm creating this mini tutorial.

DISCLAIMER:
This was written and tested when the current emuNAND version is/was 9.5.0-23U.

Pre steps:
* Make a backup of ALL you SD card (from the O3DS you're migrating FROM, don't forget the emuNAND itself)
* Leave both 3DS SYSNAND WiFi settings empty (a tip from my friend blechner: if you don't have the NANDs unlinked, you will not be able to leave sysNAND WiFi blank as it will be populated back when you fill out emuNAND WiFi. So, unlink the NANDs or clear sysNAND WiFi settings AFTER you have set the emuNAND WiFi)
* Update both 3DS EMUNAND to the latest one and CONFIGURE THEIR WIFI
* Make sure your profile (region), language, region, matches
* TIP1: open the eShop at least one time in both consoles and accept the agreement thing we never read! If you don't do it, the sys transfer won't let you proceed!
* TIP2: this works in Gateway Classic Mode as well! (thanks Leslie White)

Migrating:
1) Follow sys transfer wizard and chose migrate using a PC (make sure you choose the right answers for the sys transfer questions, answering you're using o SD for the O3DS and migrating TO A MICRO SD, for instance)
2) Wait until it finishes and restart both consoles. After restart, the process will take you back to sysnand and fail in both 3DS
2.1) On the O3DS it will simply not do anything else while on the N3DS it'll attempt to finish the sys transfer and fail telling you need to update your sysNAND, *** DON'T UPDATE IT ***
3) Shut down the N3DS, remove both SDs (micro SD from N3DS and SD from O3DS), copy the entire content of your O3DS SD to the N3DS micro SD
4) After copying the ENTIRE content of the SD to your Micro SD, boot up the emuNAND on your N3DS and the sys transfer will open automatically will finalize it's thing. Let it do it.
5) Once the sys transfer on N3DS finishes, it'll tell you so but it won't give you any way to close it (the Home button will not work as well), just shut down removing the battery or holding the Power button for 15 seconds
6) Power up your N3DS one more time and boot up the emuNAND. Voilá! All your O3DS stuff are now migrated.
7) Test everything! It should work!
7.1) If it doesn't, don't panic, just try entering eShop one time in your N3DS (recently migrated) and see if your stuff shows up right after it or after a restart (thx The Real Jdbye).

This was tested by me and other users. I hope this helps you if you're afraid of doing it "all by yourself".

Good luck!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thanks for this, I'm gonna use it once i pick up a bigger MicroSD card.
I also read somewhere from someone that had performed a system transfer emuNAND to emuNAND on O3DS and they said that their transferred SD card content didn't show up on the home menu until they went in eShop. So if anyone has that problem, try going in eShop and see if that fixes it. :)

Reactions: mvmiranda

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Thanks for this, I'm gonna use it once i pick up a bigger MicroSD card.
I also read somewhere from someone that had performed a system transfer emuNAND to emuNAND on O3DS and they said that their transferred SD card content didn't show up on the home menu until they went in eShop. So if anyone has that problem, try going in eShop and see if that fixes it. :)

Perhaps because of NNID or something like this. I've never had a NNID but I'll add this tip to the tutorial.
Thx!

blindseer

Past Generation Gamer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Although I believe this could be achieved using the Classic Mode as well...

EDIT
I've never tried it though!!
As far as I know, you can no longer do that after the 7.x firmware. You could boot 9.4 with the mt loader.dat and no card but they never updated for 9.5, so as far as I know, you need the gw card to do the systransfer.

blechner

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Success!
Transfer took 10 min, and no panic moments! I didn't need to enter eshop after the transfer.
I think most people already know this but, in the end, the emunand of the o3ds will be in "factory reset" state, so as soon as you boot it for the first time after sys transfer, it will ask you to choose language and all the initial settings. Sysnand will be the same, like nothing happened.
Thanks mvmiranda.

veekay

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will have to try this guide next week after Nintendo reverses my system transfer. I was never able to get the transfer to complete - my NNID was moved over, but I had to end up formatting my emunand because it would only boot back into the sysnand each time.

Orcastraw

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this was an issue for anyone else, but after doing system transfer my n3DS emuNAND showed no cias visibly. There may be another method to make them unhidden, but what I had to do was put all the .cia back on my sd card, try to install them, and it would instantly give an error, and then the responding software would show up in emuNAND. Again, probably a better method, but better than nothing.

Reactions: mvmiranda

melfice18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have a question, i just want to make sure that my MH4u save game will work on th New3ds XL.

My O3ds XL is in 4.2 - and has an emmunand of 9.5.0-23U
I'm playing my MH4u retail cart on GW classic Mode.

If I follow this guide in doing system transfer of my 03ds to N3ds. I won't lost my save game on my MH4U?

DIXES

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Hello guys,

This was a post on another user's thread I wrote that was helping other users with some ppl liking it. Then I decided to write this mini tutorial to help you out in case you need to migrate your O3DS stuff to your N3DS.

After sys transfer to N3DS, there will be two profiles on N3DS?
One is sysNAND with original profile, data and etc., the other is emuNAND with profile, data and etc. from O3DS, and NAND unlinked. Right?

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Don't know if this was an issue for anyone else, but after doing system transfer my n3DS emuNAND showed no cias visibly. There may be another method to make them unhidden, but what I had to do was put all the .cia back on my sd card, try to install them, and it would instantly give an error, and then the responding software would show up in emuNAND. Again, probably a better method, but better than nothing.

Yeah! My CIAs mas not moved as well, I just noticed this now :P

I had blargSNES and ftPONY.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended