mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I did my system transfer tuesday from my Old3DS emunand to my New3DS emunand in classic mode for both console and it worked !
Thx for sharing Leslie :) I'll add this info to the main topic.
After sys transfer to N3DS, there will be two profiles on N3DS?
One is sysNAND with original profile, data and etc., the other is emuNAND with profile, data and etc. from O3DS, and NAND unlinked. Right?
Yes!
I suggest you to "unlink" your NANDs
Does this work for new3ds to new3ds too?
I think so yes !

You're both right! It works!

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
After sys transfer, sysNAND of O3DS will keep its profile and all data which already on emuNAND of N3DS?

Nope!
The first time you boot emuNAND it'll be in "factory mode" state. This means you'll have to do the "initial setup" again, and the console will not be able to "see" the old content anymore, even if it's still in the SD card.

Cheers!

DIXES

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Nope!
The first time you boot emuNAND it'll be in "factory mode" state. This means you'll have to do the "initial setup" again, and the console will not be able to "see" the old content anymore, even if it's still in the SD card.

Cheers!

After sys transfer, if I restore emuNAND backup first before boot emuNAND of O3DS, will it still be in factory mode?

Darklinkreturns

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Don't know if this was an issue for anyone else, but after doing system transfer my n3DS emuNAND showed no cias visibly. There may be another method to make them unhidden, but what I had to do was put all the .cia back on my sd card, try to install them, and it would instantly give an error, and then the responding software would show up in emuNAND. Again, probably a better method, but better than nothing.

I had the same problem, but it only effected (affected?) .cia files that were in folders.

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
After sys transfer, if I restore emuNAND backup first before boot emuNAND of O3DS, will it still be in factory mode?
Nope!
It'll be in the state the emuNAND was taken.
Plus, if that emuNAND still contains the data you MIGRATED TO the N3DS you'll end up having them in both consoles... and frankly I don't know the implications of this... meaning I'm not sure if this is safe as both consoles will be sharing the SAME content.

I had the same problem, but it only effected (affected?) .cia files that were in folders.
All of my installed CIAs (which was only two, tbh) was missing.
I still could find evidences of them if I fired up Big Blue Menu CIA manager but they didn't show up in my home menu. I had to install them again.

Binebina87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Did anyone try restoring the "old" emunand back to the o3ds after a system transfer to a n3ds?

I was actually planning in doing so but without knowing the problems I'd rather not do it :-(

So is it possible to keep my .cia-savefiles on a n3ds without a systemtransfer? (and my MiiPlaza Save?)

melfice18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did the system transfer, everything went well until to the part that it will reboot. everytime I boot emmunand. system transfer will try to resume and will connect to internet but it will error out to 028-3220 then it will kick you out to sysnand... did I messed it?

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
I did the system transfer, everything went well until to the part that it will reboot. everytime I boot emmunand. system transfer will try to resume and will connect to internet but it will error out to 028-3220 then it will kick you out to sysnand... did I messed it?

Hmmm!
You say when you boot emuNAND in your N3DS it doesn't finish the process but fails?
Weird? Did you strictly follow the mini guide?

melfice18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmmm!
You say when you boot emuNAND in your N3DS it doesn't finish the process but fails?
Weird? Did you strictly follow the mini guide?

Yes.. it will try to connect to internet but it will surely fail with code 028-3220.
currently I'm doing this.

after getting the error code. I press powerbutton once. and it give you a grey screen with a selection on touchscreen to poweroff.. but instead of touching that choice, I pressed home button and it will kicked me back to sysnand.. and from the sysnand I disable my wifi and boot emmunand again..
and then it will try to connect to internet again but this time it will ask you to enable wifi. and I choose NO. there are other question as well but all choices i made is to refuse until to the last one that it will ask you if you want to stop transfer. and I stop it.

at this point you will be able to get into your emmunand. I logged into the eshop wait for it to do its thing and I was able to get all my eshop stuff..

right now I'll try if Save files is working well.. wish me luck

melfice18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It seems that my saves are working well. except for my MH4U retail cart that I'm playing on GW classic mode.. I'm not sure if this is a encryption problem. but it seems like it is.

DIXES

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Nope!
It'll be in the state the emuNAND was taken.
Plus, if that emuNAND still contains the data you MIGRATED TO the N3DS you'll end up having them in both consoles... and frankly I don't know the implications of this... meaning I'm not sure if this is safe as both consoles will be sharing the SAME content.

Thanks for your reply.

So these are correct or not?

1. sysNAND of O3DS will not be affected because we do everything in emuNAND.
2. sysNAND of N3DS will not be affected because we do everything in emuNAND.
3. emuNAND of O3DS will be in factory mode after sys transfer to emuNAND of N3DS.
4. emuNAND of O3DS will not be in factory if I restore backup which is made before sys transfer.

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Yes!
You are 100% correct.
Although restoring your O3DS emuNAND to a previous backup MAY have some implications as both (O3DS and N3DS) will be "sharing" the EXACT SAME CONTENT, and I don't know if that is "allowed". I'm not talking about piracy, but if this is even possible regarding "content uniqueness", or something like this. But you get it, right?!

Cheers!

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
Hi im moving my stuff from o3ds emunand to n3ds emunand with rxtools and browserhax as my entrypoint to emunand i backed up my emunand with rxtools but do i need to inject it into my microsd or does the initial transfer move my emunand and i just need to copy the folders?

mvmiranda

OP
Trophies
Website
www.gamemod.com.br
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi im moving my stuff from o3ds emunand to n3ds emunand with rxtools and browserhax as my entrypoint to emunand i backed up my emunand with rxtools but do i need to inject it into my microsd or does the initial transfer move my emunand and i just need to copy the folders?
3DS "oficial" transfer do not copy any emuNAND, so remember to backup your entire SD card to your computer right after you have migrated your stuff between the 3DS.
Then you'll have to proceed just like the first time when you created your emuNAND. The process will wipe your SD card but since you have a backup, just copy it back.

Good luck!

Raylight

Paranoid Temper
Trophies
Website
sites.google.com
XP
Country
United States
so should i inject the dumped emunand.bin from rxtools from my o3ds into the new emunand with rxTools or do i just need to move my files over to the microsd (not including the emunand partition) cause i keep readingi just need to move the files and others say i need to copy the sd partition over to my microsd

Last edited by Raylight,

Shirako

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so this still works right? my o3ds is running rx tools and my n3ds is running reinand, should i still copy all contents of my o3ds to n3ds?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: well.. Sorta new :)