Mini Super SD for GBA?

Discussion in 'GBA - Flashing Hardware and Software' started by Nusdogg, Aug 9, 2013.

1. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Who has one of these? Are they as good as the EZ Flash IV cartridge? Looks and sounds legit.

[​IMG]
    Features:
    1. Load a 64M GBA game about 5 seconds
    2. Support SD standrad. Support FAT
    3. Excellent game compatibility
    4. Originated NDS soft-reset function all over the world
    5. Can play compressed roms (compress roms when converting them)
    6. Originated new save mode (write directly in TF/SD card and can backup)
    7. Powerful cheat function (supports cheat code of various types)
    8. Originated Real Time Walkthrough function, guiding you how to go on during playing games anytime

They're only like $30.00 off Ebay from overseas. For those that can't find EZ Flash IV, this would be your best bet. I'm going to have to get me one of these as well for collection since they're cheap before they go no more like the EZ Flash.

2. cdoty

cdoty GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States
    The plastic is a bit flimsy and I feel like it could break at any moment. But, they work pretty well. I've had one for 4 or 5 years now.

3. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN

Nice. Never heard of it before til I ran across a Youtube video.

4. sanoblue

sanoblue The Fuzzy Blue Woof!

Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    North Carolina
    had one and within a few weeks it died .... started failing all self checks no hope of revival tried to contact about replacement from where i got it to no avail.... it was nice while it worked but required some work to get some games running properly

5. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Huh. Wouldn't want that to happen. Thank for the info.

6. cdoty

cdoty GBAtemp Fan

Sep 14, 2009
    United States

It's takes some force to insert and remove it from the GBA. You also have to use the Super Card software to convert the roms before putting them on the mini SD card.

7. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Ah, sounds like EZ Client.

8. sanoblue

sanoblue The Fuzzy Blue Woof!

Aug 4, 2007
    United States
    North Carolina
    np not to say that this is a common occurrence just saying it happens.

9. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Thanks.

10. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Supercards for the GBA are not great cards in terms of compatibility -- slowdowns, save issues, several games not working and more.

I would never pay more than a token sum for one if playing GBA games was my goal.
    Edit if we want to get technical then http://wiki.pocketheaven.com/index.php?title=SupercardGBASlowdowns has good info.

11. mlooty

mlooty Member

Newcomer
    May 19, 2006
    I have one of these and they seem to be working well but only if you can tolerate the issues that other people have suggested. There are some small handful of games that seems to be run perfectly IIRC Wario Ware Inc seems to be run perfect.
    you should consider this as a last resort. as for me since i needed a flash cart for the GBA at least its something to use better than nothing
    one good thing about the supercard its spring loaded for the mini sd slot so much easier than the ez-flash IV

12. Nusdogg
    OP

Nusdogg GBAtemp Fan

Feb 3, 2013
    United States
    St. Paul, MN
    Thanks again guys! I'll keep those info in mind.

13. bitbite

bitbite Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 6, 2013
    Canada
    I have a question about linking a Supercard SD and EZ-flash IV
    I have a EZ-flash IV in my current GBA, but I've also picked up a second GBA for some co-op mario party/kart/Zelda 4swords/Kirby action.

Will a supercard SD gamelink with a EZ-flash IV?

14. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    United Kingdom
    Link games are surprisingly latency sensitive (we have seen games with links that break when people do otherwise unrelated things like reset patch, add cheats and other things that should in no way trouble links but will add a few cycles here and there). To that end you might do OK but I would not be surprised in the slightest if it failed and unlike most times with the EZ4 where you can punch it hard enough that it starts working there would be precious little you can do here aside from serious hacking work.