Hacking Mini SD SuperCard not in English & now not working

DomaGB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just bought a SD SuperCard. Everything was running fine, after 2 days. I spent last nite setting it up and it was well. When my son went to use it in the morning it loaded up in some other unknown language. He said he got it back in English by scrolling thru the menu and/or turning it off.

I tested it, it was in English in 1 GBA SP and jibberish in another. I went out of the house came back later and both GBA's loaded it in gibberish. So I took everything off the SD formatted it and reset the firmware. Now none of the GameBoys recognize the SuperCard Cart at all.

Help please.

DomaGB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interestingly upon further investigation, some of the normal carts games were playing in Japanese or Chinese, in both GBA's. Somehow the SuperCard must have changed the Gameboys into another language!

I found a fix for the language problem, you hold down "L" whicle the Game boots up to choose language. I don't know if this is a permanet setting change tho. I do not know how to change the language or firmware of the GBA. I did try to format my SD, and change the firmware in the Supercard. And now it does not recognize it as stated.

And once its fixed how do I determine which program caused the problem? So I don't repeat it?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That... doesn't make sense. The GBA is region-free, and doesn't even have a firmware. All it has is the BIOS, which doesn't contain any language-specific details to the best of my knowledge.

Honestly it sounds like a hardware problem with the Supercard. Cleaning the contacts could possibly fix this.

Otherwise, hold L+R upon bootup and press A a few times. Let us know if you get any errors other than the standard "not find test file" error.

DomaGB

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I found the language "fix" on the internet and it worked. It completely changed what a Sonic Game looked like when I loaded it up after it brought up a special language menu, when I pushed "L". I would really like to try this on the SuperCard, but the card isn't being recognized at all on any of my GameBoys. The Sonic Game is a real game cartrige not a SuperCard Rom.

The SuperCard is brand new and there is no dirt. The GameBoys are clean as well. My sons have GameBoy cleaners.

I cannot test the SuperCard because the GameBoys do not recognize the card at all.

This occured immediately after I formatted the Micro SD and redid the firmware update. Upon rebooting it wouldn't recognize the cart at all.

I found an older firmware online and tried that but again the GameBoy doesn't even see the SuperCard.

I am wondering if I killed it with doing that last firmware patch. I ran the same firmware I did when I got it.

Posts merged

I did discover on the official SuperCard site forum someone else had the same language problem as me. No one answered their reply for help yet tho.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte