1. Lilith Valentine

Lilith Valentine GBATemp's Concubus™ The Moody Enby

Antarctica
    I kind of see it as a gamble no matter what I do, but this is from a personal hang up. I literally came home to see everything I owned and worked hard for taken from me and it was terrible. Now most of the stuff that was stolen has been ported digitally to different platforms, so I am able to remake my old collection and get some of my favorite games again thanks to the digital market. If something were to happen to this digital market, I do have other options.

Last edited by Lilith Valentine, Mar 8, 2020
  2. Localhorst86

Localhorst86 GBAtemp Addict

Germany
    Thats the best way to describe them.for hat reason I usually only purchase digital titles when they are cheap enough. Don't consider them "your property".

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

United States
    I don't like the constant reliance of an internet connection to reinstall my games. reinstalling them from SSD or optical media (ISO mounted counts too) is way faster. I hate that everything requires internet just to play a game, especially when it's single-player and doesn't need to access the internet. I'm also the same type of person who has a vast FLAC music collection and MKV movie collection. I shouldn't need internet to watch movies or listen to music. It's just stupid. Sure, digital has it's advantage of preventing lost, stolen, or broken games, and I get that. But that's about all it has over physical media, besides maybe load times. I buy as many games for my Switch as I can, but I jumped the gun on Sonic Mania, because I din't know Mania Plus would get a physical release later. And I bought Splatoon 2 digitally because I played it so much, it just made sense. Now I can keep another game cart in my Switch at all times. It's a bit more inconvenient swapping carts, but it still feels good having cartridges, and actually owning the games you buy in person. (And I love the cases they come in)

RyRyIV likes this.
  4. RyRyIV

RyRyIV Chicken Chaser

United States
    I try not to knock digital media, because I recognize it's much more convenient and cost effective. But personally, I LOVE physical media. Movies, games, albums, books... I just love having shelves full of my media. It appeals to the collector in me. I don't downright refuse digital copies, but I will always take the physical option if available.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - concerned, Hardcore, physical