MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
Objectively yes, but since the Microsoft acquisition, we've gotten immense and rich content added in, so it's not all bad. It's finally a solid, well-rounded sandbox game, especially after the 1.8.0 update. I just hate the way Mojang and Microsoft keep making us migrate to a new account every few years, it's annoying as fuck. Just stop already. First I had to migrate from minecraft.net to a Mojang account, and now to a Microsoft account. Just STOP, Microsoft! The fuck was even the point of the Mojang account migration? It happened after the Microsoft acquisition, and I just don't understand.

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I kinda stopped playing around release 1.4 ish but yeah, it was better back in the day.
I stopped playing shortly after 1.8.0, and just picked it back up at 1.16.5, and holy crap there's so much stuff... And many crafting recipe changes. Makes my head spin.

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I stopped playing shortly after 1.8.0, and just picked it back up at 1.16.5, and holy crap there's so much stuff... And many crafting recipe changes. Makes my head spin.

Well, that haha.
I've been meaning to get back into it and join the temp server but me bloody laptop is to bloody old to run the game :c

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Notch did what he could.

But Microsoft, holy cow, they doing good.
There’s some level of that but Notch at times was very stubborn and his vision for Minecraft was much simpler. This isn’t to say he was a bad dev but we would definitely not even be close to where we are now if Notch was still running the project.

Reactions: WG481

WG481

Official Waluigi Propagandist
Trophies
Somewhere. Look hard enough and you could find me.
XP
Country
United States
There’s some level of that but Notch at times was very stubborn and his vision for Minecraft was much simpler. This isn’t to say he was a bad dev but we would definitely not even be close to where we are now if Notch was still running the project.
He was good when it came to simple.

But, and I blame this on mods, we thirsted for more.

Reactions: The Catboy

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I stopped playing sometime after 1.8.0 and only recently resumed around 1.16.5, and go and check there's a lot of content... There have also been numerous adjustments to crafting recipes. It's enough to make my head spin.

I'm brand new to Minecraft.
Same happened to me. Took a break right before the 1.8.0 update came out, and picked it up again recently after the cave and cliffs update, and holy hell... the amount of content, recipe changes, etc really threw me off.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: douche