Minecraft on Wii U!? 'very unlikely' says Mojang, 'Possibly' on Playstation

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even though I'm a huge Minecraft fan, I'm not really disappointed at all. The PC version is, and will always be vastly superior. The Xbox version is a joke, being more than a year behind the PC version in terms of content, and a Wii U version would just be more of the same.

Analog movement + buttons + touch screen > Buttons + mouse

Reactions: NightsOwl

rizzod

Not a New Member
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i read it
kk1559u.png

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I prefer controllers over mouse + keyboard myself, but I'd rather play an up to date game than a watered down, year behind version of it.

Can't you use a controller on the PC version? (I honestly don't know, I don't play Minecraft.)

I know most games, especially the console ports support plugging in a 360 pad and just playing.

Edit:
Myself I prefer mouse and keys with FPS and RTS type games, for fighting, racing, or almost any other type of game I prefer game pads or wheels. (I guess I prefer the right tool for the job?)

BenRK

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To everyone arguing and to the developers and to Nintendo and to Sony and to Microsoft and to EVERYONE!

Epic_Ultimate_Facepalm_of_Epicness.jpg

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And also, Nintendo didn't start handheld, they started home console.
game_watch_octopus-620x465.jpg

Game and watch came before any home console.
However, before that, Nintendo did Arcade Machines. Either way, the first Console they started with was a handheld.
Otherwise I agree with your statement, just wanted to feel smart for knowing something for a sec :P

Jayro

MediCat USB Dev
Developer
Trophies
Website
ko-fi.com
XP
Country
United States
I just hate how people (developers, namely) are always against developing or porting games to Nintendo's console. It's utter bullshit. Every time I see a cool game coming, it's out for PC, 360, and PS3... Never the Wii. The most we've gotten are a few Call of Duty games, and Resident Evil 4. Given the fact that all 3 current game consoles utilize similar PPC-based processors, you'd thing porting games would be easier for the devs.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I just hate how people (developers, namely) are always against developing or porting games to Nintendo's console. It's utter bullshit. Every time I see a cool game coming, it's out for PC, 360, and PS3... Never the Wii. The most we've gotten are a few Call of Duty games, and Resident Evil 4. Given the fact that all 3 current game consoles utilize similar PPC-based processors, you'd thing porting games would be easier for the devs.
The wii's underpowered. If the games run like shit (like 5fps), people won't like it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
game_watch_octopus-620x465.jpg

Game and watch came before any home console.
However, before that, Nintendo did Arcade Machines. Either way, the first Console they started with was a handheld.
Otherwise I agree with your statement, just wanted to feel smart for knowing something for a sec :P

Nintendo.TV.Color15.jpg

1970's. Game and Watch was 1980'S

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
lol who cares about minecraft, the only people that would care about it on the Wii U are the 12 year olds CoD players and other prepubes, who will just go to microsoft anyway.

terraria ftw (I wonder if it's going to be on the Wii U...?)

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
lol who cares about minecraft, the only people that would care about it on the Wii U are the 12 year olds CoD players and other prepubes, who will just go to microsoft anyway.

terraria ftw (I wonder if it's going to be on the Wii U...?)
Uh aren't you like 13 though? :/

Reactions: ZaeZae64

Sop

groovy dude lmao
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Uh aren't you like 13 though? :/
I'm 14, and I don't really mean the age, I just sorta mean that demographic, the 'casual gamers', you know the ones that like to play popular games, the ones that like to rage in CoD, the ones that take games way too seriously and the ones that will defend their opinions to the death.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @salazarcosplay if they made a prequel, it would still be about current issues, cause it doesn't make sense to make it about stuff that happened 30 years ago that nobody cares about anymore
    it's too late
    the older south park episodes about particular issues usually age poorly since the topic is no longer relevant
    an exception is giant douche vs turd sandwich, that's always relevant :P
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I was gone for like an hour and none of you thought to write or call pos
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    We knew you were going to Sonic to get lunch.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sonics fast I would've been home in 10 mins
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Meet and greet with AncientBoi then?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That would've gone slow he's old
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That would've gone slow he's old +1