Homebrew Minecraft dlc

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so I have Minecraft completely updated to 1.6 and have gotten 2 dlc's for it. And it shows most skins and a few textures locked still, you're supposed to go to their store and unlock them, but I figured that's what the dlc is for. So what is the deal here

seren3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the same issue. This is just speculation, but I think there must be a flag that needs to be set in the save file that enables it, which marks the content as purchased.

Would anyone who has successfully installed the Minecraft DLC packs care to comment?

seren3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, from what I can tell https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/switc...h-edition/answers/462487-bought-the-packs-but

There is ordinarily a pop-up that occurs when you buy the packs, and if you download the pack but miss this pop-up, then the data that says that your content is purchased doesn't get written.
(This happens for people who legitimately bought the DLC, as well).

So, for people who pirated the DLC, there would be no opportunity for this pop-up to occur.
To solve this, we need a hex wizard to either make a code to induce the pop-up with an NTR plugin or Sharkive code, or someone needs to identify the hex values in the save file that need to be changed in the savefile/extra data in order to tell the game that the DLC has been bought, and either distribute a tutorial on how to do it yourself or a Checkpoint save that an end user can install.

If someone is willing to take one for the team and buy the game and packs legitimately, (to get the pop-up) we can dump it and try to reverse-engineer it to come up with something we can redistribute.

Last edited by seren3,

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome I realized a problem we all have, and hasn't been solved yet. It's hard for me to go online with my 3ds though because of that stupid sign in thing. And I doubt you can spend eShop cards to unlock skins.

seren3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a couple of approaches I can think of to solving the problem. The first is to try to get a save/extra data file that has all the DLC unlocked and activated, and to compare that data set with other control sets to find where the file differs, to figure out how to save-edit existing files into an unlocked state.

The other way I can think of is for someone to install RAM Explorer https://gbatemp.net/threads/plugin-ntr-ram-explorer.419162/ and to live purchase the DLC while observing what values change in RAM. If we can isolate what RAM address is written to when the pop-up is triggered, then we can modify that address ourselves to induce the pop-up.

Our community needs to put its heads together if we want to solve this.

Last edited by seren3,

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know how much the texture and skins packs cost in the in-game store? Trust me I googled and went to their website, their website sucks. I can't always go online with my 3ds so just asking

mike a

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
[ update ]

So I tried to see how much the texture and skins cost, tried to go into the store and it said to me, there is an update for data you have already downloaded, so I tried to update and it keeps getting an error and won't even let me go into the store lol. So do i have to delete the dlc that I have downloaded already and don't really work? Idk

And once again does anyone know how much the cost lol

Reactions: legoinventeor

Tuiridh

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I purchased all the DLC, but couldn't transfer it over to my other 3DS consoles. The resulting 0004008c dump is only 600kb and when installed on other consoles everything is still locked, even after creating a new save file. Let me know if there is any way I can help with this.

Tuiridh

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know nothing of code, but I'll try some things with what I have. I'll try to load a save game using DLC on my other 3DS with the installed 600kb DLC .cia gm9 output for me. Hopefully someone who knows what they are doing can help because I am clueless.

Jephph

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the game files, there is a file named something along the lines of 'unique id' or sonethin like that. I don't know for sure, but I suspect that that may have something to do with it

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    He is now fishy.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Sak is a fishy pineapple
    Have a good night everyone.
    i'm getting sleepy.
    So much drinking from @K3Nv2
    Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    10 tabs open on chrome and no slow downs suck it low ram plebs lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    they be like which lite firefox exe pls
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Wut.
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    GM all
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    butt
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    douche
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Touché.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Push it :creep:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Talk about propaganda.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    Veho @ Veho: California has already banned those additives BTW.