prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
RaiGf.jpg
Are you wildly in love with Minecraft, but your computer lacks the technoguts required to really process its cuboid contents? First of all, your computer is whack. Secondly: Independent studio Projector Games is working on an extremely similar title for the Xbox Live Indie Games platform. Check out the fan-made video posted after the jump to see just how extremely similar we mean.

The game, which is (perhaps cheekily) titled FortressCraft, will be broken down into seven chapters to be released every four to six weeks. In a post on the Minecraft forums, a Projector representative explained, "Chapter 1 is basically Minecraft's Creative, Chapter 2 adds in crafting, Chapter 3 adds in life, Chapter 4 adds in machinery, Chapter 5 adds in Minions, Chapter 6 adds in PvP, Chapter 7 adds in Fortress Assault mode... (or whatever)." According to the FortressCraft Twitter account, the first chapter is due out next Friday, March 4 for 80 Microsoft Points ($1).

Each of these Chapters contains the features of previous installments -- a workaround for the platform's inability to patch in new updates. It sounds like a pretty ambitious (if not fairly original) undertaking for the developer. Whether the studio receives the support needed to complete all seven chapters -- or whether litigious sources intercede -- remains to be seen.[/p]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWaKLuI81D4[/youtube]​

icon11.gif
Source

inb4minecraft fangeeks rage.

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
prwlr. said:
First of all, your computer is whack.[/p]
Actually Minecraft is poorly coded and uses just one core. So it makes no difference if you have a multi-core with slow clock speeds, or a pentium 4 with the same clock speed.

But yeah, pretty game this FortressCraft. Looks way better than Minecraft.

I find it quite ironic to see people calling it a minecraft clone. Did they already forget about Infiniminer?
laugh.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Ewwww, graphics overkill.

Edit: The guy making this game is nuts.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV_6BrXoixQ

He's complaining that Notch ripped off Infiniminer to begin with, that's just plain wrong.
Infiniminer is similar to Minecraft in many ways, digging around blocks to finding valuables underground, using ore to make helpful tools, but that's about it. The actual goal of infiniminer is to play in teams and earn the target amount of cash before your opposing team.

Minecraft was inspired by the sandbox potential of that game, and decided to innovate that into a single-player experience that can also be played online. On top of that Mojang has added so much more content to the game, enemies, a time system, all kinds of materials and tools, farming and minecarts and such. The online multiplayer is a real plus but it's not a team vs team game.

What right does this guy have to make a blatent minecraft clone on Xbox? It doesn't even try to cover that fact up, the map generation and how you interact with things is the same freaking thing.
He's not entitled to do this just because he THINKS Notch ripped off Infiniminer, hell no, Notch just innovated on the vague concept to make a really different game.

Seriously? GO PLAY INFINIMINER, I have in the past and it's some fun stuff. As it happened though, the players *did* stop playing it competitively and starting sandboxing. In fact a different version called brominer was made just for that purpose.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Eckin said:
Did they already forget about Infiniminer?
laugh.gif
Yes, they did. Infiniminer was pretty bad AFAIK, and in it's current state was very unfinished. At least Minecraft is to the point where it could be a final game.

FortressCraft itself looks pretty nice, and the game seemed to run smoothly from videos. It's not as pathetic as most other clones, as it actually 1) Shows a ton of potential, 2) Isn't just adding ugly blocks that have no purpose but to be place. Props to the creators, but hopefully Notch won't go crazy on them. Doubt he will though.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I know i'll have people quoting this, and questioning my thoughts, but seriously, i dunno how some people can be SO into minecraft.

Regardless, i'm guessing this would sell well, too bad for Notch.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:

He's complaining that Notch ripped off Infiniminer to begin with, that's just plain wrong.
Infiniminer is similar to Minecraft in many ways, digging around blocks to finding valuables underground, using ore to make helpful tools, but that's about it. The actual goal of infiniminer is to play in teams and earn the target amount of cash before your opposing team.

Minecraft was inspired by the sandbox potential of that game, and decided to innovate that into a single-player experience that can also be played online. On top of that Mojang has added so much more content to the game, enemies, a time system, all kinds of materials and tools, farming and minecarts and such. The online multiplayer is a real plus but it's not a team vs team game.

What right does this guy have to make a blatent minecraft clone on Xbox? It doesn't even try to cover that fact up, the map generation and how you interact with things is the same freaking thing.
He's not entitled to do this just because he THINKS Notch ripped off Infiniminer, hell no, Notch just innovated on the vague concept to make a really different game.

Seriously? GO PLAY INFINIMINER, I have in the past and it's some fun stuff. As it happened though, the players *did* stop playing it competitively and starting sandboxing. In fact a different version called brominer was made just for that purpose.

Thats not the guy making FortressCraft, Thats DJ Keemstar. I'll fill you in, DJ Keemstar loves minecraft but he is a originally popular for his epic pranks in games like Halo, and CoD on XBL. When the XBL enforcement team started cracking down on him the F@G (Federation of A$$hole Gamers) For a time took a break, at this time DJ found Minecraft and started playing this and fell in love with it. FastForward to about 3 days ago when DJ found out about fortresscraft and Contacted the real creator (Some British guy) and said basically said "Hey, I'm I console gamer I like minecraft lets partner up" DJ now owns about 35% of the fortresscraft company thats why he refers to it as "His Game" Hes more of promoting it than anything.
How do I know this? Well I watched all his XBL Prank vids and I liked then, found out he runs a live stream on Blogtv every night and I started going over there every now and again thats how I know this.

Anyway, thats basically the story.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
purechaos996 said:
Thats not the guy making FortressCraft, Thats DJ Keemstar. I'll fill you in, DJ Keemstar loves minecraft but he is a originally popular for his epic pranks in games like Halo, and CoD on XBL. When the XBL enforcement team started cracking down on him the F@G (Federation of A$$hole Gamers) For a time took a break, at this time DJ found Minecraft and started playing this and fell in love with it. FastForward to about 3 days ago when DJ found out about fortresscraft and Contacted the real creator (Some British guy) and said basically said "Hey, I'm I console gamer I like minecraft lets partner up" DJ now owns about 35% of the fortresscraft company thats why he refers to it as "His Game" Hes more of promoting it than anything.
How do I know this? Well I watched all his XBL Prank vids and I liked then, found out he runs a live stream on Blogtv every night and I started going over there every now and again thats how I know this.

Is that so?
Well it doesn't make what he's saying any less wrong.

purechaos996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
RupeeClock said:
purechaos996 said:

Is that so?
Well it doesn't make what he's saying any less wrong.

Well true, But I figured I should at least set the story straight.

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Well, Minecraft is more about the sandbox, while Infiniminer was more about team scores

this will be more about PvP

all of them use cubes and that's it

Notch's Defense Force is just as insane as any other defense force
laugh.gif

to say Minecraft and Infiniminer are "nothing alike" but say an UNRELEASED GAME (and the first of seven parts of it) is a clone of Minecraft... seriously guys, what's up with that?

BobTheJoeBob

The most optimistic person on the temp. :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Eckin said:
to say Minecraft and Infiniminer are "nothing alike" but say an UNRELEASED GAME (and the first of seven parts of it) is a clone of Minecraft... seriously guys, what's up with that?
Because there were big differences between Infinminer and Minecraft, whereas there are hardly any differences between this game and minecraft.

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
RupeeClock said:

Infiniminer was a small project, which was never supposed to be as popular as it got. Notch simply took the gameplay concepts behind it, and merged that with the gameplay concepts of Dwarf Fortress resulting in the bloatware game that we all know and love.
I don't see what's so wrong about a similar game existing, it's not like Notch patented the gameplay behind it (mainly because he didn't actually come up with it, hurr)

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
BobTheJoeBob said:
Eckin said:
Because there were big differences between Infinminer and Minecraft, whereas there are hardly any differences between this game and minecraft.
Agreed. Just look at all the blocks, they're identical. I'll bet there's nether portals, same mobs, minecarts, boats etc. its just such a big rip-off its unbelievable. what the creator should have done is gone to Notch and say "Hey, do you mind if I make a 360 port of Minecraft?" he might have said "Yeah, sure go ahead".

While this interesting I'm screaming rip-off at the "Episodes" thing. Just buy the last one and you've got access to everything right? So just release the f-ing game when its complete then you dumbass. Charge me $3-4 for that and I won't complain

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, this looks cool. I like the fact that it's on my XBox and not my slow ass computer. Since I've not really enjoyed Minecraft due to my computer, this seems like a more worthy investment. (PS I bought minecraft).

YayMii

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Meh, the only things appealing to me (graphics-wise) are the water reflections and the sun godrays. Other than that, the art style looks like crap, the grass looks way overdone, and the ridiculously glowy target box is unnecessary.

Although I'm part "graphics whore", I prefer Minecraft's default look more than this. And since it's a clone, I'm having doubts on the gameplay.

@Argentum Vir: Try Optimine. Greatest mod ever. Allows me to play Minecraft at 130 FPS on my crappy 7-year old single core PC.

Eckin

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Jamstruth said:
Just look at all the blocks, they're identical.

rofl.gif

the game wasn't even released and you guys keep bashing it for HAVING BLOCKS

I hope it's just sarcasm
laugh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn