Discussion Minecraft Bedrock Engine: How to load other resource packs into the game using Checkpoint

Discussion in 'Switch - ROM Hacking, Saves, Translations & Tools' started by The_Provider, Jun 23, 2018.

1. The_Provider
    OP

The_Provider Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Here's how you can load almost any resource/texture packs to the new Bedrock engine edition for Nintendo Switch using Checkpoint, a save backup/restore tool developed by BernardoGiordano

Step 1: Make sure you have Checkpoint installed on your Switch https://github.com/BernardoGiordano/Checkpoint/releases
    Original Thread here: https://gbatemp.net/threads/release...imple-save-manager-for-3ds-and-switch.503899/

Step 2: Enter into RCM mode using your preferred method and preferred payload (Paperclip jig, 3D printed, etc.) and then launch into CFW mode

Step 3: Launch Checkpoint and then backup your Minecraft save, it should show up as "Minecraft" in the list.

Step 4: After the process is done, exit hbmenu and power down your Switch (or reboot to RCM), then insert your MicroSD into your computer, and then search for this folder: E:\switch\Checkpoint\saves\0x0100D71004694000 Minecraft\20180622-225812 [Profile name]\games\com.mojang\resource_packs

Step 5: Dump whatever resource packs you desire in the appropriate folders of your save in [.mcpack] form

Step 6: Launch into CFW, launch Checkpoint in HBL, choose your user, go to "Minecraft", and hit Restore

Tada! Global resources in-game are accessed via the bottom portion of the settings, just press the plus on texture packs you want on and viola!

EDIT 3: .mcpack files are compatible.

Last edited by The_Provider, Feb 24, 2019
    CrazyRach82 likes this.
  2. Tonydaexpert

Tonydaexpert C++ Pleb, but with a Monado

Jul 5, 2016
    United States
    Can you do this but with Skin packs?

3. The_Provider
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    I suppose you could. [After trying it]: Checkpoint keeps crashing whenever I try to restore it and making me reboot my console, I don't believe that it's the save's fault, I believe it's Checkpoint causing the issue, there are even issues opened up in the GitHub for the exact same problem. I'm not going to try again until Checkpoint fixes this in their new version because having to use the paperclip is getting pretty tedious.

4. Tonydaexpert

Jul 5, 2016
    United States
    I felt your pain when I tried to transfer worlds into it had to restart my switch like 20 times lol

5. RyFol1234

RyFol1234 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 13, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Skins need to be used in Skin Packs. not as a single one like in other bedrock versions.

6. Tonydaexpert

Jul 5, 2016
    United States
    If someone could find a way to insert skin packs that would be really nice :)

7. Proto-Propski

Proto-Propski Legally Weird!

Apr 29, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Boulevard of Broken Meme's
    I already managed to get Minecraft PE Bedrock Skins to work, it's not hard at all there's a "Skin Pack" folder on the root of your save folder, just place an .McPack in there, and if the Skin Pack is valid it should load whenever you restore the save in Checkpoint.

Custom Skin Pack Running on Switch

Here is a link to where I got the two custom Skin Packs
    Skin Pack Downloads

Last edited by Proto-Propski, Jun 24, 2018
    The_Provider likes this.
  8. Tonydaexpert

Jul 5, 2016
    United States
    Thank you so much, I can finally use my personal skin on a console version of Minecraft!

9. The_Provider
    OP

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2016
    United States
    Can I have this thread moved to the Tutorials section? This seems more fitting in there for whoever needs help with this.

10. kikongokiller

kikongokiller GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 12, 2017
    Australia
    I spent days looking into the files of this game, only to just realise that saves were the key all along.

The_Provider likes this.
Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted