SjemBo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
So I discovered there are some Minecraft apps on the iPhone and I thought it would be a good idea to make a comparison of them... So you can get the best!
smile.gif

minecraft Canary
mzl.hrmvxglp.320x480-75.jpg

In my opinion the worst Minecraft app available. The interface is VERY sloppy and uneasy to browse through. There is a free version, which is a pro, but that version will only make you NOT buy the 'full' version.

Minecraft Helper
044q.png

Just released Minecraft apps which has the best looks imo. Really clean and easy to browse and very fast. The blocks on profiles are rotating in 3D which is neat and it has links to the Minecraft wiki which could come in handy. Very good looking but not really that rich with info. Hope they'll add something like redstone wire guides to it (which they say in the discription). Anyway been using it for a few days and loving it. Has a trailer too.

Guide for Minecraft
mzl.jdkrpoau.320x480-75.jpg

Just like Canary the apps looks like sh*t (imo) but it features a TON of information. Many guides and all that stuff. It's just a pity the interface is a total mess but if you're looking for some in-depth guides I guess this app will be worth it.

So that's it, there are a few more but those just all look like a mobile Minecraft wiki and/or look very hacked together (did they make the interface in one day or something?). Anyway hope I helped you guys a bit and I guess there will be a ton of Minecraft players here too... and if you're not, go buy the game! It's totally awesome and one of the most fun games I've played in a long time.
smile.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
SjemBo said:
Just like Canary the apps looks like sh*t (imo) but it features a TON of information. Many guides and all that stuff. It's just a pity the interface is a total mess but if you're looking for some in-depth guides I guess this app will be worth it.

So that's it, there are a few more but those just all look like a mobile Minecraft wiki and/or look very hacked together (did they make the interface in one day or something?).
I thought Minecraft Helper looked pretty nice. It's not like it needs to be advanced or anything, seeing as all it does is explain block/item types. Also, in-depth? It's not in-depth at all. In-depth would be if it actually talked about surviving, mining, building, etc...

I don't see why anyone would need/want a mobile Minecraft wiki, when Minecraft isn't a mobile game. Even if you have a laptop, and you're traveling, I'm sure the last thing you want to play is Minecraft.

SjemBo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
huh what do you mean? It's just available in the App Store.

and @ TDWP FTW, I was talking about Canary and Guide for Minecraft ;-). In Minecraft Helper's description I actually said I thought it was a really good looking app.

And why would you want a Minecraft app? Well, I think it's very handy when playing the game; you can just browse all the items very fast without alt-tabbing, for example.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn