Gaming Minecraft 3DS : no stronghold?

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I started a game using this auto-generated seed : 2005819868.

In creative mode, I used eyes of ender to find where the stronghold might be.

The quest took me to the end of the map on the East. When I throw an eye at this point, the eye seems to continue after the limits of the map, as if the stronghold were outside the map's limits.

Is it possible for the stronghold to be unreachable outside the limits of the map? Can there be another stronghold elsewhere on the map? (I went back to the middle and tried looking for another one, but the eyes keep pointing to the same direction).

Is it possible for this world not to have a stronghold at all?

LH98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Id like to see an answer to this too, I have the game but havent got far enough in it to find strongholds. As far as I remember the minecraft 3ds version is supposed to have everything up to end game (i.e. the ender dragon fight), sooo it should have strongholds. I think you are right in thinking the eyes brought you to the end of the map because the stronghold it was trying to find was out of bounds... probably because you used a set seed? idk just my guess

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Id like to see an answer to this too, I have the game but havent got far enough in it to find strongholds. As far as I remember the minecraft 3ds version is supposed to have everything up to end game (i.e. the ender dragon fight), sooo it should have strongholds. I think you are right in thinking the eyes brought you to the end of the map because the stronghold it was trying to find was out of bounds... probably because you used a set seed? idk just my guess

I tried again and went back to the opposite side of the map, went and threw around some eyes of ender, and I actually found a stronghold! It was under the well in a village, as it happens sometimes (I have seen that before in some youtube videos of Minecraft gameplays) so I was reassured.

@LH98 do you explore in Creative mode or Survival? Discovering the entirety of the map can be tedious because when you fly in the 3DS version, it really takes a while for the scenery to load and sometimes it will just crash the game... And the map is 4x4 squares big, so it's long until you see everything. But I think it's necessary if you want to find villages, temples, and find out about the map's various biomes and resources.
My latest strategy has been to take the seed I had initially used in Survival mode, but this time in Creative mode purely for exploration purposes. I would take a picture of the coordinates whenever I bumped into anything of interest.
Then I plan to go back to these places in Survival mode, and rampage all the good stuff!
I still have a lot to learn I imagine... as long it stays fun :)

Last edited by LVG,

LH98

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried again and went back to the opposite side of the map, went and threw around some eyes of ender, and I actually found a stronghold! It was under the well in a village, as it happens sometimes (I saw that before in some youtube videos of Minecraft gameplays) so I was reassured.

@LH98 do you explore in Creative mode or Survival? Discovering the entirety of the map can be tedious because when you fly in the 3DS version, it really takes a while for the scenery to load and sometimes it will just crash the game... And the map is 4x4 squares big, so it's long until you see everything. But I think it's necessary if you want to find villages, temples, and find out about the map's various biomes and resources.
My latest strategy has been to take the seed I had initially used in Survival mode, but this time in Creative mode purely for exploration purposes. I would take a picture of the coordinates whenever I bumped into anything of interest.
Then I plan to go back to these places in Survival mode, and rampage all the good stuff!
I still have a lot to learn I imagine... as long it stays fun :)

Ahhh I see. No I have only really played in survival mode on the 3ds version so thats why I wasn't really any help figuring out what was happening haha. Thats good you found the stronghold though. Also that method of searching your survival seed for interesting areas is a pretty good idea, ill probably try that

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ahhh I see. No I have only really played in survival mode on the 3ds version so thats why I wasn't really any help figuring out what was happening haha. Thats good you found the stronghold though. Also that method of searching your survival seed for interesting areas is a pretty good idea, ill probably try that

It always seems to be a gamble to use automatically generated seeds to start a survival game : it's exciting because you don't know what you're going to find, but you may well have a world with not enough temples or villages. If you look around, you can find several posts or youtube videos about 3DS Minecraft seeds with good things like temples, there's one with a manor, some people have even written down the locations for diamonds!
I want to continue with my original seed because I spent quite some time on it, I found a couple of villages, and I haven't explored the Nether in Creative mode (but I found a Nether fortress in Survival) so there's still some things to look forward to!

D

Deleted User

What version are you on? According to the patch notes, the end 8and by extension, i'd assume the stronghold) was added in 1.7

LVG

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
This game is on version 1.9

I am also playing another game on version 1.7 as a 2-player game with my son and we did explore the end in creative mode, slew the dragon just for fun. That seed is interesting too, it's 2767451546; there is an igloo, villages in snow, a jungle temple
and I have already sniffed out a Nether fortress too!

Reactions: Deleted User

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: My PS3 lives inside my PC via emulation +1