Minecraft 3DS N3DS/2DS Only???? Wahhhh

Discussion in '3DS - Games & Content' started by bbking67, Sep 15, 2017.

1. BOi69

BOi69 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 4, 2018
    United States
    can you convert runbow pocket?

2. Shadow#1

Shadow#1 Wii & 3DS Softmod Expert

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    [​IMG]

Last edited by Shadow#1, Jul 1, 2018
  3. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States
    Hardly anyone owns a CPP. Especially O3DS XL users.

4. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    I own both

5. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I'm thinking of getting Minecraft for the Switch, since we have crossplay with Xbox. And the render distance is impressive on Switch.

6. natanelho

natanelho GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    Between the Sacred Silence and Sleep
    even on "new 3ds" it lags pretty bad

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

but it doesnt have the superior java version yet. I hope it will have that soon

7. dpad_5678

dpad_5678 GBAtemp's Memelord

Nov 19, 2015
    United States

8. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    the only thing that makes the java version better is the mods. Otherwise it's actually worse to some degree. I HIGHLY doubt java edition will ever leave it's current platforms.

edit: well, maybe if we could ever get audio in linux on the switch that could work

Last edited by jt_1258, Jul 1, 2018
  9. natanelho

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    mods, superior redstone and technical stuff, larger area of mob spawning, free modding, community, more features (not everything is implemented in bedrock)

"but cross platform!" no. go get linux on yr device and run the game. linux is everywhere, should work for switch too... and I dont care much about sound, so I might be able to play it on switch already... but for me mouse is better so I wont use the switch for that...

10. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    PE edition HAS free modding, a community, heck you can even sell your stuff if you want, more technical stuff actually, you can choose the simulation distance yourself, and it actually has more features than java. Ain’t only lacks a few things from java like 1.9 Combat, which isn’t necessary. Bedrock is superior, and it’s obvious why it’s main Minecraft version now instead of the messy Java edition.

11. jt_1258

jt_1258 GBAtemps Midna

Aug 21, 2016
    United States
    The Twilight Realm
    huh, I personaly can't stand even bothering to try to play a game without audio unless it's a game I don't give two shits about

12. Ryccardo

Ryccardo WiiUaboo

Feb 13, 2015
    Italy
    Imola
    Implementing an infrared accessory has a non-negligible CPU time penalty (not to mention that the driver is different, for the purpose of just tacking it in without significant meddling with the game's code), that's (allegedly) why SSB4 doesn't support them

13. natanelho

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    who said its the main version? on java you have 0-ticked pistons, tnt duping, bedrock braking and ilmango.
    I dont see where is the "superior" part

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

well I always put music when Im playing so I dont care...

14. SANIC

SANIC GBATemp's Sonic Fan in Residence, 後

Jan 13, 2017
    United States
    It’s hella more optimized than java edition where i can’t go past 23 fps without mods like optifine, it’s also has a better graphics engine, constantly being updated. How are those things you mentioned important to the games as whole, not just to mess around with. It is the main version because it’s “Minecraft” and Java Edition is now a side “Edition” like PS4 Edition or legacy versions.

15. natanelho

Apr 25, 2015
    Antarctica
    no, you get it wrong- all the other versions are "bedrock edition", it only got the name "java" to more easily distinguish from other versions.
    "more optimized" is not really accurate- it does more calculations than the bedrock edition- bigger radius for stuff like random ticks, mob spawning, working redstone etc... but even then - Im running it on my i5 processor with lots of cores and a ton of ram, compared to the switch with its weak processor.
    "main game" as opposed to "things to mess around with" is totally subjective- some consider the building aspect as the main thing, others- the survival, and many -like me- consider the technical part as the main thing in the game. I wont go to a inferior version that doesnt have all the things that I like about the game and there are some serious problems with redstone in the bedrock edition (like non deterministic behavior).
    still java gets new stuff ahead of bedrock most of the time, and the main team works on it...

anyways this has nothing to do with this thread but we can continue the discussion somewhere else like pm or a new thread...

16. mike a

mike a GBAtemp Fan

Oct 28, 2014
    United States
    Op needs to sell his o3ds and get a n3ds, don't let Minecraft be the reason why either

17. bbking67
    OP

bbking67 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 9, 2003
    Canada
    Not gonna do that... need to get a switch first.

18. Shadow#1

Nov 21, 2005
    United States
    Oh so this was just a glorafied troll post I see

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice