ROM Hack Minecraft 3DS 1.13 fan update (might happen, that is if a team is formed)

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know that Minecraft 3DS is discontinued, but I'm a bit upset that it is not even up to date with the other discontinued versions of Minecraft. I am wanting to mod the game to add every aquatic update feature to the 3DS, but I cannot do it alone. I have several plans going for the project, but the project will officially start once we got a team together.

Plans
* add the aquatic update
* add shields
* fix a few bugs
* add some exclusive content to create infinite resources in a limited world
* add these in at a slow and comfortable pace
* maybe optimize it to run a bit smoother

I am not that much of a programmer, but I am willing to help create textures and coordinate the project. This forum post will update as development goes on (if it even happens) and even eventually send a public release. My goal is to not overwhelm everyone, and to go at a pace we can handle in our free time. Our main goal is to make this non-profitable, for it could get a much higher risk of being shut down by Mojang. If you want to be a part of development, just let me know in this forum post.

Last edited by deadmanbomber,

deadmanbomber

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So far, it seems like no one is really interested. If you want to help be part of development, just add it to the post. If I don't get a team together by Friday, I'm going to just consider the project "on hold" or "discontinued".

Randomperson123672

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So far, it seems like no one is really interested. If you want to help be part of development, just add it to the post. If I don't get a team together by Friday, I'm going to just consider the project "on hold" or "discontinued".
I know it’s been 3 years… but if the project is still “on hold”, I wouldn’t mind helping.

Randomperson123672

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I could try and get some more people (with hopefully better programming skills than mine)
First of all.. wow:lol:! I didn’t expect to see anyone reply on an old thread like this! I think this could actually be one of the first Minecraft 3ds fan update/mod that improves the game! I know some c++ code which I believe most 3ds games are in.. so some c++ programmers might be needed for more advanced modifications like adding special blocks/items and some extra logic.:D

Reactions: Randomeder

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Y'all should be aware this is probably a bigger undertaking than you'd think, especially without any source code available. The amount of people with that level of knowledge about reverse engineering a game, that are also willing to try and update 3DS Minecraft of all things, is probably close to none tbh.

Randomperson123672

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Unfortunately, I think this specific attempt was a failure. OP hasn't been online since last year and I don't think there has been much effort put into code mods for the 3DS version of Minecraft, at least based on a quick Google search.
Yeah most Minecraft 3ds mods are just custom textures. But I just found out the game is most certainly made with c++ code so mods that require code shouldn’t be impossible.. And also, wow, I didn’t realize he hasn’t been online since last year! He most likely did “discontinue” the project..

Randomperson123672

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Y'all should be aware this is probably a bigger undertaking than you'd think, especially without any source code available. The amount of people with that level of knowledge about reverse engineering a game, that are also willing to try and update 3DS Minecraft of all things, is probably close to none tbh.
Yeah, this for sure wouldn’t be easy to pull off..:wacko:

CeeDee

fuckin dork
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He most likely did “discontinue” the project..
They most likely never even started! They even claim in the OP that they're "not that much of a programmer" - and without someone to actually help reverse engineer and program in new features, which is a tough feat in itself, it's basically just glorified daydreaming.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Ugh, it's like that "porting Scratch to the 3DS" project all over again. No programmers, just as you put it here; glorified daydreaming.
As much as it would be cool to have, that is likely the truth. Unless an experienced reverse engineerer actually put in the effort to make this work, it's unlikely to ever happen.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtzMUJIofNg