Gaming Minecraft 1.8 OFFICIAL trailer

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Minecraft isn't even really a game.. it's just virtual LEGO's.. Unless you're still a 5 years old, I don't see how you can think this is fun.

_Chaz_

GBAtemp's Official Mook™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haloman800 said:
Minecraft isn't even really a game.. it's just virtual LEGO's.. Unless you're still a 5 years old, I don't see how you can think this is fun.
Sorry there are no guns, explosions, and cookie-cutter gameplay, but Legos are fun for people who actually like to think.

iFish

Slower than a 90s modem
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
_Chaz_ said:
Haloman800 said:
Sorry there are no guns, explosions, and cookie-cutter gameplay, but Legos are fun for people who actually like to think.
There actually are explosions. :3

Creepers explode, you can make TNT, etc.
nyanya.gif

But Minecraft 1.8 actually makes it more of a game. Rather than just do what you please. You now have EXP, better fighting and more RPG-like elements.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
iFish said:
_Chaz_ said:
Haloman800 said:
There actually are explosions. :3

Creepers explode, you can make TNT, etc.
nyanya.gif

But Minecraft 1.8 actually makes it more of a game. Rather than just do what you please. You now have EXP, better fighting and more RPG-like elements.
Thats what I was thinking. Its developing more into my liking
smile.gif

Berthenk

Epitome of Awesomeness
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Haloman800 said:
Flamebait much?

Anyway, I wonder what kind of attributes they'll add to spend the skill points on...
Also, creative mode fer teh won!

Haloman800

a real gril
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
_Chaz_ said:
Haloman800 said:

I'll play a puzzle game or Tetris if I want to do extensive thinking. It doesn't take any brains to mindlessly destroy and build blocks.

To create complex structures with lego's, however, would require some creative thinking, but it's kind of sad when adults do it, or teenagers for that matter..

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Okay, the trailer is awesome, but, I'm sad to see such a unique and amazing game as Minecraft turn into a typical RPG. *sigh* Oh well, still looking forward to the other features 1.8 has to offer (villages, rivers, canyons, NPCs, Enderman).

Cabbage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Haloman800 said:
_Chaz_ said:
Haloman800 said:

I'll play a puzzle game or Tetris if I want to do extensive thinking. It doesn't take any brains to mindlessly destroy and build blocks.

To create complex structures with lego's, however, would require some creative thinking, but it's kind of sad when adults do it, or teenagers for that matter..
Sorry you don't see the appeal in the game, but after seeing what certain people have done with it I can definitely tell you it's more than "mindlessly destroying and building blocks". Then again, you're probably just trolling, so whatever.

Topic at hand: 1.8 looks pretty awesome. Really excited to get to "re-discover" the game again.
smile.gif

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Gabbynaruto said:
Okay, the trailer is awesome, but, I'm sad to see such a unique and amazing game as Minecraft turn into a typical RPG. *sigh* Oh well, still looking forward to the other features 1.8 has to offer (villages, rivers, canyons, NPCs, Enderman).
RPG? Lolno. Stuff like improved combat and experience points doesn't instantly make it a "typical RPG." If it were a typical RPG, there would be people with crazy outfits and hairdos, people with giant swords and guns, etc.

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
TDWP FTW said:
Gabbynaruto said:
RPG? Lolno. Stuff like improved combat and experience points doesn't instantly make it a "typical RPG." If it were a typical RPG, there would be people with crazy outfits and hairdos, people with giant swords and guns, etc.
You're thinking of a typical JRPG.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
AlanJohn said:
Wizerzak said:
2 days? I thought it will be released this Friday? Anyway, I can't wait for this.
Its coming out the 8th to be exact.
No, jeb only said that was the best guess. He said [today] that they might have to push it back a day or so (Even though there wasn't a date set-in-stone anyways). Don't take estimates as exact dates.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
TDWP FTW said:
AlanJohn said:
Wizerzak said:
2 days? I thought it will be released this Friday? Anyway, I can't wait for this.
Its coming out the 8th to be exact.
No, jeb only said that was the best guess. He said [today] that they might have to push it back a day or so (Even though there wasn't a date set-in-stone anyways). Don't take estimates as exact dates.
hate2.gif

Well, I won't be playing it until the weekend...
But still...
hate2.gif

Gabbynaruto

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
TDWP FTW said:
Gabbynaruto said:

Well, still, adding RPG elements is one step away from making it a RPG. And the exp points are the worst thing added to Minecraft so far. Why? Well, because it gives Minecraft a actual goal, whether it's written in the data there, or you just want the challenge. You'll start haunting for exp points and when you reach the final level, you'll have accomplished that goal and you'll give up the game because you'll feel like there's nothing left for you to do until the next update (which you'll hope will have a bigger level cap and more quests).

Minecraft was awesome because it didn't had a goal, and now that it has one, it doesn't feel like it did when it was infinitely open with no goal.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
Gabbynaruto said:
TDWP FTW said:
Gabbynaruto said:

Well, still, adding RPG elements is one step away from making it a RPG. And the exp points are the worst thing added to Minecraft so far. Why? Well, because it gives Minecraft a actual goal, whether it's written in the data there, or you just want the challenge. You'll start haunting for exp points and when you reach the final level, you'll have accomplished that goal and you'll give up the game because you'll feel like there's nothing left for you to do until the next update (which you'll hope will have a bigger level cap and more quests).

Minecraft was awesome because it didn't had a goal, and now that it has one, it doesn't feel like it did when it was infinitely open with no goal.
It still has creative mode if you adore playing around with blocks and then playing the same thing over and over again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    S @ salazarcosplay: How are you @AncientBoi :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: :tpi: