Minecraft 1.0.0 Released

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country

"Notch has just announced the 1.0 version of his indie-darling creation: Minecraft. After more than two years of development, the game has already raked in millions of dollars in "pre-sales" for Mojang, which started with an employee of one...Most of the features of the 1.0 release have been available along the way, but 1.0 offers an official "end" to the game, along with some more RPG elements — and of course plenty of bug fixes."

Source:
http://www.theverge.com/2011/11/18/2572381/minecraft-1-0-available

Wonder what future updates shall bring along?

gifi4

How am I a 'New Member'?
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hopefully, updates will bring bugfixes and tweaks that allow me to get a decent framerate. I haven't been able to play the game very well since 1.6 or 1.7.
Try setting your render distance to Normal and perhaps turning particles and clouds off, on my horrible pc (I'll list specs if you wish) I can run it at about 60-100 FPS so long as the render distance is on normal.

Sora de Eclaune

All our splendor...
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully, updates will bring bugfixes and tweaks that allow me to get a decent framerate. I haven't been able to play the game very well since 1.6 or 1.7.
Try setting your render distance to Normal and perhaps turning particles and clouds off, on my horrible pc (I'll list specs if you wish) I can run it at about 60-100 FPS so long as the render distance is on normal.
I've set all of the renderers to off, I've set them to on, I've turned off particles and clouds and turned them on, I've changed my render distance, I've changed from fast FPS to power saver to balanced, I've changed ALL the settings and I either get so much lag I get around 5 FPS or I get a framerate that randomly dips every time something's rendered. I only get a good, constant framerate when I'm not moving or looking around in-game.

I may not be able to get good framerates in, say Amnesia or Morrowind, but I had no idea I wouldn't be able to get good framerates in a game that has less pixels than Centipede 3D.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The game has been finished long ago. The "beta" has just been the actual game, just with the ability for people to say "IT'S IN THE BETA" when they criticize it. 1.0 is just another update.

I still want a refund on my copy, a complete waste of $20. For that much I could buy myself and another friend Terraria, something I've played a hell of a lot more.

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
You can download it now.
slowpoke_pokemon.gif

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
I've set all of the renderers to off, I've set them to on, I've turned off particles and clouds and turned them on, I've changed my render distance, I've changed from fast FPS to power saver to balanced, I've changed ALL the settings and I either get so much lag I get around 5 FPS or I get a framerate that randomly dips every time something's rendered. I only get a good, constant framerate when I'm not moving or looking around in-game.

I may not be able to get good framerates in, say Amnesia or Morrowind, but I had no idea I wouldn't be able to get good framerates in a game that has less pixels than Centipede 3D.
http://www.minecraftforum.net/topic/249637-181-optifine-hd-d2-fps-boost-hd-textures/
Wait for it to be updated for 1.0.

The game has been finished long ago. The "beta" has just been the actual game, just with the ability for people to say "IT'S IN THE BETA" when they criticize it. 1.0 is just another update.
The entire potion and enchanting system says hi.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States

I still want a refund on my copy, a complete waste of $20. For that much I could buy myself and another friend Terraria, something I've played a hell of a lot more.
And once again, we have Guild with another brilliant post!

1) The game is not finished. The release is just to have it come out of beta, and of course, to go along with Minecon and all.

2) Yes, it is just another update. And a feature-packed one at that. Here's a changelog (Specifically the 1.8.1 to 1.0.0 section).

3) Bawwwwww, does little Guildy not have any imagination to build? Is survival too hard? Should've played a pirated copy first, or the PC Gamer demo.

Reactions: 1 person

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did Notch actually just "release" Minecraft like this? You're telling me that this is the FULL, FINISHED VERSION of Minecraft? Am I the only one that is still having a hard time getting over the fact that Notch literally went from the must ok developer of all time (indisputable fact, at least to those who were around during indev and infdev ]to suddenly being the laziest, most unreliable ass to ever exist in the video gaming industry?

I cant believe i am going to say this but i am with Guild McCommunist in this one

Frederica Bernkastel

GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Reactions: 3 people

ZaeZae64

Trophies
Website
puu.sh
XP
Country
United States
You're telling me that this is the FULL, FINISHED VERSION of Minecraft?
No, it's not. If you knew how to read, maybe you'd figure out that Minecraft is NOT finished.

dude is release this is the final product
No. "Final" Would mean this would be it. no more updates. nothing.
There will be more updates, new features coming in the future.
I'd normally tell you to think. but judging by your posts I doubt you enjoy doing that.

Edit: Oh dear it appears I have been ninja'd~

Valwin

The Neautral Gamer
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok lest think here guys for EXAMPLE BF3 when it came out let say it was bad and they give the game a 5/10 but them they release a patch that fix it but the game still been judge for it first release

it was a example BF3 is a ok game is not bad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.