Hacking Millionaire 3 game runs off which IOS?

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Is there a program that tells you which IOS Wii games use to run? ive tried ios patcher 1.1 with Millionaire 3 and NHL 2K11 but get an error "Couldn't get ISO information"

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
SoftChip tells you that, but it's only for discs.

Open the .iso with WiiScrubber and extract the tmd. Then look at it with a hexeditor, the used IOS is at offset 0x184, something like 0000000100000015 for IOS21 for example. Or look at the tmd with a tool like WiiPartitionBinChanger(part of the WiiScrubber package), it's listed there as System version.

If WiiScrubber can't open the .iso, you most likely have a broken .iso file, which would explain all problems you have playing those games.

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:

Open the .iso with WiiScrubber and extract the tmd. Then look at it with a hexeditor, the used IOS is at offset 0x184, something like 0000000100000015 for IOS21 for example. Or look at the tmd with a tool like WiiPartitionBinChanger(part of the WiiScrubber package), it's listed there as System version.

If WiiScrubber can't open the .iso, you most likely have a broken .iso file, which would explain all problems you have playing those games.
I ran the Millionaire 3 .tmd through Wii bin partition changer and got this;
title- 0001000000555045
system version- 0000000100000004
it seems to run off IOS 4 but isn't that one a stubbed IOS

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
fiddlefaddle22 said:
WiiPower said:

I ran the Millionaire 3 .tmd through Wii bin partition changer and got this;
title- 0001000000555045
system version- 0000000100000004
it seems to run off IOS 4 but isn't that one a stubbed IOS
That's the tmd in the update partition, you need to check the one in the game partition
smile.gif

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Did you try the Country String patching too?
Yes, i've also tried anti 002 fix,Block IOS reload,force English language,force NTSC,force PAL60,disc default,VIDTV patch in all combinations and i use a Component lead

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
Try the crap cables, component cables tend to mess up import game compatiblity from what i have seen.
I've tried the composite cables that the wii came with, but it's still gives a black screen.

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to get WWTBAM3 and Holywood squares to work by changing my Wii's region from 4.1E to 4.1U, so now i have a nand backup of 4.1U if a really good out of region game comes along that won't play on a Pal Wii.I've tried making a Sneek+DI with a US nand but i can't get it to work.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
fiddlefaddle22 said:
I managed to get WWTBAM3 and Holywood squares to work by changing my Wii's region from 4.1E to 4.1U, so now i have a nand backup of 4.1U if a really good out of region game comes along that won't play on a Pal Wii.I've tried making a Sneek+DI with a US nand but i can't get it to work.

Ok, that's new. I would expect Country String patching to work in that case. Maybe another kind of Country String patching would help?

Country String patching looks for "US", "EU" or "JP" in the main.dol and switches them. Hmm i see now that it's not atually switching them, maybe that's the problem...

Can you open the main.dol of the game with a hexeditor and look for those strings? And for strings with 3 characters length("EUR", "JAP" etc.)? And if you find them, you can try if actually switching them gets the game to work. Using a nand from the other region is something that works, but i think being able to patch game discs before burning/adding, or when loading are better options.

fiddlefaddle22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
WiiPower said:
fiddlefaddle22 said:

Ok, that's new. I would expect Country String patching to work in that case. Maybe another kind of Country String patching would help?

Country String patching looks for "US", "EU" or "JP" in the main.dol and switches them. Hmm i see now that it's not atually switching them, maybe that's the problem...

Can you open the main.dol of the game with a hexeditor and look for those strings? And for strings with 3 characters length("EUR", "JAP" etc.)? And if you find them, you can try if actually switching them gets the game to work. Using a nand from the other region is something that works, but i think being able to patch game discs before burning/adding, or when loading are better options.
I think this is the right part of the main dol that i was meant to edit? anyway i swapped the EUR string with the USA and put it back into the iso but i still get a black screen
3-1.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    @K3Nv2 You joke but this was amazing for 10 year old me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TC6adnfSaew&ab_channel=IGN
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Install onionos also if you haven't already
    It still looks dope.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Amazingly I didn't really care for the GBA
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, dragon quest 4 bored me
    Let's play.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I should add a 256gb card in mine and load like 100ps1 titles to it eventually I will
    Will you play them all?
    I've only ever played Castlevania Symphony of the Night from PS1.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We don't play games here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, I dont have one of those but gbarunner2 in twilight menu works quite decently for me
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Don't get me wrong GBA absolutely had some great games but overall the sound and graphics just meh to me
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The remastered crash bandicoot was pretty decent ngl
    @Xdqwerty I had a NDS long ago, but L and R broke very fast.
    My sister had a N3DS XL and it suffered the same fate.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl the L button barely worked at all in the dsi i previously had
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    my dad bought me a dsi identical to that one
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    That could be an easy fix without even opening it with some ipa maybe unless the entire button broke
    That´s why I never got any handheld before the Switch.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, thats why patches exist
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ds games are best played on a DS emulation is fine but having actual hardware is better obviously
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Or N3ds/2Ds
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, or most "gimmicky" consoles
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah the dual screen makes them better because that's how they were developed for
    +1
    Wii U is also great.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wii U is also great.