• Total voters

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
100% agreed with fast6191 !

The rest of my family drinks the nasty low fat stuff, and i can't stand it. They say "it tastes no different" but my experience tells a different story.

my Pros and Cons for alternate milk:
- more expensive
- worse flavor and/or less flavor
- unnatural (?)
+ less fat (?)

the fat one doesn't apply to me as my diet isn't heavy on the fats and i am pretty healthy, so no need for weight loss.

.::5pYd3r::.

Viva La Pizza
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I'm allergic to Dairy
frown.gif
so soy milk for me

Seraph

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Whole milk. I haven't really tried any soy milk substitutes...only the loaded with sugar, comes in a soda can kind so I can't compare those to the others....

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
What is 1% and 2% ?

In France we don't have those.
We have Full milk, semi-skimmed milk, and skimmed milk.

I think almost all french people is drinking semi-skimmed milk (it's the most sold in supermarket)

Full milk is like only peasant are drinking it, they love the milk freshly taken from the cow. (edit : it's only what I've seen in my entourage, I don't know all the country
tongue.gif
)
(I tasted it, and I don't like it. It tastes different)

Soy milk is usually for people who can't handle cow milk, but I think there are 'normal' people too.

In france there's some starting rumor saying the cow milk is not this good for human kind.
TV report, doctors, magazine, all says it can be bad because the milk is not 'designed' for human's body but for cow's, there is no good thing in cow's milk.
For proof, human is the only mammal drinking milk after his baby's state, and not even his own milk.
the calcium in cow milk is not adapted and not 100% assimilated by the body,

I think many people are aware of that, but don't change their habits, arguing "it didn't kill me yet, why it will kill me later ?".
I'm one of them who don't care
tongue.gif

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
What is 1% and 2% ? In France we don't have those. We have Full milk, semi-skimmed milk, and skimmed milk.
Same here (except the peasants part, they all cost the same anyway). Semi-Skimmed, if they've run out then I'll get whole instead. Skimmed is just nasty.

Bit of a silly reason really, we used to get whole milk delivered to our doorstep. They were always late so the birds would break into it to nick the cream off the top, so we swapped to semi-skimmed to stop them doing it
biggrin.gif
Haven't had milk delivered for years, it just stuck.

One of my health-crazy friends drinks soya milk, it makes *awful* cups of tea.
frown.gif

OSW

Wii King
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
What is 1% and 2% ?

In France we don't have those.
We have Full milk, semi-skimmed milk, and skimmed milk.

I think almost all french people is drinking semi-skimmed milk (it's the most sold in supermarket)

Full milk is like only peasant are drinking it, they love the milk freshly taken from the cow.
(I tasted it, and I don't like it. It tastes different)

Soy milk is usually for people who can't handle cow milk, but I think there are 'normal' people too.

In france there's some starting rumor saying the cow milk is not this good for human kind.
TV report, doctors, magazine, all says it can be bad because the milk is not 'designed' for human's body but for cow's, there is no good thing in cow's milk.
For proof, human is the only mammal drinking milk after his baby's state, and not even his own milk.
the calcium in cow milk is not adapted and not 100% assimilated by the body,

I think many people are aware of that, but don't change their habits, arguing "it didn't kill me yet, why it will kill me later ?".
I'm one of them who don't care
tongue.gif

wtf.gif
thanks for sharing the knowledge
smile.gif

I guess i'm like those people who wont stop drinking it anyway. and for sure i'll never switch to skim milk.

low-fat = skim in my experience.

Jdbye

Always Remember 30/07/08
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
DO NOT WANT

(if by 1% you mean 1% fat, then i voted correctly, otherwise, i should have voted something else. I still don't like milk though)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Normal milk: 4% or about 4g per 100ml (water/milk being about 1g per ml/cm^3, my rational is if I invented some 96% crisps* later today that tasted just like normal crisps I may well become quite well to do shortly thereafter). Put it this way about 2 years ago I drank about 40-75 litres (36-72 Imperial pints or 43-87 US pints) of milk a week 2-3 years ago (I have since cut down though) with no ill effects.

Semi: 2% or marginally over 2g per 100ml.

Skimmed = pretty much all fat removed or around 1%.

Alternative milk: soy, goats, sheeps. I perhaps sympathise with dairly intolerant but those for "health" can . The other thing I find mildly amusing are the save the aged whales types seem blissfully unaware that soy milk (which they drink "to be kind to the animals/planet") usually involves a bunch of jungle being dropped for the crops used to make it.
There are some places that offer non pasteurised milk as well but it is quite rare.

*crisps=chips for the US types among us.

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm almost 100% certain I'm lactose intolerant because if I drink milk, or intake other foods that are dairy, I need to make sure a toilet is near.
tongue.gif
However, I love the taste of dairy, so I drink that stuff anyway, and eat the dairy products dealing with the consequences. BTW, Whole Milk is the only one that tastes good to me, the rest taste like crap, so that's what I drink.
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pass