Hacking Mild Lag with NeoGamma/Mios Dios Lite

math123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got Paper Mario: Thousand Year Door to work with NeoGamma and Mios Dios Lite through an SD card. It's very playable, but I do notice a very quick lag that happens every couple of seconds. Compared to the 10 fps I was getting with Dolphin, this isn't much of a problem, but I would like to know if there are any NeoGamma GC settings that would potentially fix this. I'm unsure of what most of those settings actually mean, so I'm unsure of where to start.

Thanks

Conmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try using USB Loader GX, I don't have much experience but when I used NeoGamma on games, it didn't work out well, they would launch and crash on random loading screens, so I used USB Loader GX, and now I never have a problem with crashing. Just make sure you don't have an HDD in your Wii when you launch it, and you should be fine. It's pretty easy to install, so I recommend giving it a try.

math123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying it with USB Loader GX and there isn't much of a difference. It still lags a bit every couple seconds.

Is it possible that the DML has something to do with it? I think I'm using 1.5, but there may be some detail that I missed.

Conmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What's your SD Speed Class? I have 4 and am not seeing any lag with SSBM, Skies of Arcadia, and Animal Crossing. However loading is about 2x as slow.

math123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've tried it with 2 SD cards. One is a class 2 and the other is the one that came with the 3DS (so probably a class 2, but it doesnt say).

I have a micro SD that's a 4 class. I'll try that with an SD adaptor

Conmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have a WD HDD drive. but I thought GC games dont work with USB. I'll give it a try though
Wait, download MIOS DIOS v2 (NOT lite.) Then use THIS USB Loader GX:
http://www.mediafire.com/?b545893im623q25
After that, set the GameCube Game Path in 'Custom Paths' in the settings as The USB:\games
Make sure there's a disk in the drive, and games will load as fast as the disk itself.
Also rename the games folder in your SD, so it won't boot from there.

Btw, thank Cyan for the USB Loader, the person I stole the steps from :P

Source: http://gbatemp.net/topic/149922-usb-loader-gx/page__st__15630
Post 3

math123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I have a WD HDD drive. but I thought GC games dont work with USB. I'll give it a try though
Wait, download MIOS DIOS v2 (NOT lite.) Then use THIS USB Loader GX:
http://www.mediafire...b545893im623q25
After that, set the GameCube Game Path in 'Custom Paths' in the settings as The USB:\games
Make sure there's a disk in the drive, and games will load as fast as the disk itself.
Also rename the games folder in your SD, so it won't boot from there.

Btw, thank Cyan for the USB Loader, the person I stole the steps from :P

Source: http://gbatemp.net/t...page__st__15630
Post 3

Sorry it took this long to reply. I was playing the new Team Fortress 2 update.

Anyway, after lots of trial and error, I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK WITHOUT LAG. Thank you very much Conmore. You win an internet. Might not sound like much, but it's AN ENTIRE INTERNET...and an e-hug. ^_^
By any chance at all, do you play TF2? I can give you something for your help.

Conmore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Anyway, after lots of trial and error, I FINALLY GOT IT TO WORK WITHOUT LAG. Thank you very much Conmore. You win an internet. Might not sound like much, but it's AN ENTIRE INTERNET...and an e-hug. ^_^
Wait, how did you get it to work without lag? The HDD? Haha, loading off a USB Drive tends to have MUCH better performance, but some games have compatibility issues. Yes I do play TF2, but just friend me on Steam if you want. My name's Conmore. :P

math123

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Wait, how did you get it to work without lag? The HDD? Haha, loading off a USB Drive tends to have MUCH better performance, but some games have compatibility issues. Yes I do play TF2, but just friend me on Steam if you want. My name's Conmore. :P

SD, class 2; uninstalled MDL, installed MD v2, and some version of USB Loader GX (not sure which one). I didn't have to bother with the files, since the iso and sys folder were already in the games folder. And some other minor details I forgot about.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn