Homebrew Miiverse Resurrection Concepts worth following?

NANASHI89

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There have been multiple concepts on how to bring back Miiverse using homebrew, but I don't know which one to follow. Especially after PokeAcer is involved in one of them.

Which one should I look forward to?

Sent from my SM-T280 using Tapatalk

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
poke was a sell out to the dsi hax and created a infamous name of himself for it.
Not only that but he also was an admin of project kaeru (for flipnote studio) and it was proven (or he admitted, idk) that he read PM of users, so him being an admin of a Miiverse replacement doesn't make too much sense for me since it's very likely that he will also read PMs there

Reactions: KoalaBoy

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Not only that but he also was an admin of project kaeru (for flipnote studio) and it was proven (or he admitted, idk) that he read PM of users, so him being an admin of a Miiverse replacement doesn't make too much sense for me since it's very likely that he will also read PMs there
I don't understand why messages wouldn't be hashed in the database to begin with. That's just shoddy coding.

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I don't understand why messages wouldn't be hashed in the database to begin with. That's just shoddy coding.

That doesn't makes sense, hashed Messages that can't be unhashed have no purpose.

And if there was a algorythm to unhash them, he as a admin would have access to it and could read them anyway.

Only passwords are salted + hashed in a way that can't be reverted so if someone would try to login the inputtet password gets hashed and salted in the same way and then will be checked against the entry in the Database.

Please don't tell something shitty programming if you don't have any clue!

Last edited by Chakratos,
Reactions: Quantumcat

Chakratos

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I didn't say shitty, but ok. Also, sorry, I was drunk and used the wrong word. I shouldn't have said hashed. I meant obfuscated.

Obfuscated would be the same thing, an admin would have access to the algorythm.

And you really didn't say shitty, it was shoddy and i missread, sorry^^

D

Deleted User

if you just want plain Miiverse replacements, two of the more developed ones are Cedar and closedverse, with the latter being more active

I think you can access closedverse by the internet browser, but I'm not sure and haven't tried it yet

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://youtu.be/e1G3aKJ3g18?feature=shared