Miiverse on the 3DS to be “huge”, says Iwata

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Precisely! You are SO right. Nintendo is releasing no games for 3DS. It's not like we have Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Pokemon X/Y coming out. And it's not like 3rd parties are releasing Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate or Lego City: The Chase Begins.

So yeah, you're right. no promising games for the 3DS at all.
Yours was good, but Soulx was better, XD

heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Because Nintendo totally didn't release
+ Kid Icarus: Uprising
+ New Super Mario Bros. 2
+ Super Mario 3D Land
+ Zelda OOT 3D, Star Fox 64 3D
+ Pushmo/Crashmo
+ Sakura Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western
+ Mario Tennis Open
+ Paper Mario Sticker Star
+ Denpa Men
+ Mario Kart 7
+ Fluidity: Spin Cycle

And third-parties definitely did not give us Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, Resident Evil: Revelations, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Code of Princess, Tales of the Abyss 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Theateryhthm: Final Fantasy, Adventure Time, Professor Layton: Miracle Mask, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy, Nano Assault, Shinobi, Mutant Mudds, Tekken 3D, Rhythm Thief, Crimson Shroud, Denpa Men, Scribblenauts: Unlimited, Rayman Origins, Unchained Blades and Epic Mickey all this year.

And these games totally aren't going to come out
+ Fire Emblem: Awakening
+ Animal Crossing: New Leaf
+ Pokemon X/Y
+ Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
+ Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate/4
+ Ace Attorney 5
+ Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
+ Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
+ Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
+ Etrian Odyssey IV
+ Brain Age: Concentration Training
+ Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
+ Super Smash Bros
+ Project X Zone
+ Layton and the Azran Legacies
+ Fantasy Life
+ Rune Factory 4
+ Bravely Default
+ Mutant Mudds 2/FPS by Renegade Kid

BUT NO NINTENDO, STOP FEEDING US THIS CASUAL SHIT. YOU NEVER RELEASE ANYTHING AND THE 3DS IS SUFFERING A GAME DROUGHT.

[/listwars]
Dragon Quest 7 dude. ;)

Reactions: TripleSMoon

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Precisely! You are SO right. Nintendo is releasing no games for 3DS. It's not like we have Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Pokemon X/Y coming out. And it's not like 3rd parties are releasing Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate or Lego City: The Chase Begins.

So yeah, you're right. no promising games for the 3DS at all.

Think about it this way, it has been ages since the 3DS saw a killer app of any sort, Kid Icarus was the last decent 3DS game worth playing that was something original. You seem to think that the 4 good games that are coming out in the next 10 weeks are enough to make up for Nintendo's failure to produce a consistent stream of games for the 3DS since launch? Sorry but if Miiverse is what Nintendo is devoting resources too, I don't know if I want to continue supporting their products. I want to play games, and I want to socialize with people that I know online. Why would anyone waste time developing a social application for a console that is tied to home wireless networks and hot spots (which numerous regions don't have free public wireless) when the console itself is designed and intended to be portable?

And these games totally aren't going to come out
+ Fire Emblem: Awakening
+ Animal Crossing: New Leaf
+ Pokemon X/Y
+ Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
+ Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate/4
+ Ace Attorney 5
+ Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
+ Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
+ Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
+ Etrian Odyssey IV
+ Brain Age: Concentration Training
+ Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
+ Super Smash Bros
+ Project X Zone
+ Layton and the Azran Legacies
+ Fantasy Life
+ Rune Factory 4
+ Bravely Default
+ Mutant Mudds 2/FPS by Renegade Kid

BUT NO NINTENDO, STOP FEEDING US THIS CASUAL SHIT. YOU NEVER RELEASE ANYTHING AND THE 3DS IS SUFFERING A GAME DROUGHT.

Oh, you mean the 75% of those games that don't have release dates? And that doesn't excuse the last several months of not having any good game released that are original games. Mario Kart has been overdone to death, and I am seriously getting tired of New Super Mario Bros as they have rehashed that formula to death now. So then we get 3rd party games that came out last year like Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil, neither of which were any good as far as I am concerned, with terrible control layouts due to the lack of a second control pad. All I saw last year from the 3DS was more rehashes and a few ports.

Hopefully 2013 isn't nearly as bad, and yes, I was already aware of what was coming out in the next couple of months, but it took Nintendo far too long to give use release dates for some of those games.

Dragon Quest 7 dude. ;)

That won't come out here for at least another 2 years. Considering there hasn't even been an announced release date for a translated version of Dragon Quest Monsters: Terry's Wonderland (one game I am dying to get my hands on here), Dragon Quest fans will be holding their breath for quite some time before we see a world wide release.

Trophies and achievements are stupid. I wish gaming would just stop with them. Also MiiVerse is awesome, I'm glad it's coming to the 3DS. Also half a year? Where the hell have you been and what have you been playing??? Just because games don't interest you, doesn't mean that good games aren't being released. So please, stop talking for everybody.

Trophies/achievements at least give you something else to do when you have finished a game. Nothing like a little extra incentive to buy a game. I guess that's why most of my gaming is done on the PC now. Nintendo offers no reward and zero replay value in many of their games these days, hence why they would be wise to have achievements or trophies.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Trophies/achievements at least give you something else to do when you have finished a game. Nothing like a little extra incentive to buy a game. I guess that's why most of my gaming is done on the PC now. Nintendo offers no reward and zero replay value in many of their games these days, hence why they would be wise to have achievements or trophies.

Oh yes because electronic trophies are the only way you get any replay value out of anything. It's sad that you have to resort to trophies/achievements in order to find replay value out of a game. How did we ever make it through all these years without trophies and achievements.

I wish they would just die for good. Go back to the days where everything was discovered on your own in a game. Like beating the Weapons in Final Fantasy VII and VIII, or collecting all the skulltula's in Ocarina of Time. Trophies and achievements are pointless.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
A) Read the rules about double posting.

B) Sounds less like "Nintendo isn't making any good games!" and more like you're just being really picky. It seems like you have a reason to hate or dismiss any game we mention to you, except Kid Icarus: Uprising.

Reactions: chavosaur

PJM

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
First of all, nice quadruple post, and second, zero replay value? Nintendo games are fun, that's where the replay comes in. Most of the games I've played with achievements... they're just ridiculous things to do that most people wouldn't even think to do, that doesn't add any replay value. And others are just points for beating stages, 25 points for beating the tutorial stage?!?! meh

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Think about it this way, it has been ages since the 3DS saw a killer app of any sort, Kid Icarus was the last decent 3DS game worth playing that was something original. You seem to think that the 4 good games that are coming out in the next 10 weeks are enough to make up for Nintendo's failure to produce a consistent stream of games for the 3DS since launch? Sorry but if Miiverse is what Nintendo is devoting resources too, I don't know if I want to continue supporting their products. I want to play games, and I want to socialize with people that I know online. Why would anyone waste time developing a social application for a console that is tied to home wireless networks and hot spots (which numerous regions don't have free public wireless) when the console itself is designed and intended to be portable?

Kid Icarus wasn't the last good game lol. Get the stick out of your ass and start trying other games. If not, stop bitching and complaining and get rid of your 3DS. It's your fault you only play first party games.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, you mean the 75% of those games that don't have release dates? And that doesn't excuse the last several months of not having any good game released that are original games. Mario Kart has been overdone to death, and I am seriously getting tired of New Super Mario Bros as they have rehashed that formula to death now. So then we get 3rd party games that came out last year like Metal Gear Solid and Resident Evil, neither of which were any good as far as I am concerned, with terrible control layouts due to the lack of a second control pad. All I saw last year from the 3DS was more rehashes and a few ports.

Hopefully 2013 isn't nearly as bad, and yes, I was already aware of what was coming out in the next couple of months, but it took Nintendo far too long to give use release dates for some of those games.
Forgive me, I had forgotten that everyone had the exact same opinion as you as what is a good game and what is a bad one.

Dead End

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
First of all, nice quadruple post, and second, zero replay value? Nintendo games are fun, that's where the replay comes in. Most of the games I've played with achievements... they're just ridiculous things to do that most people wouldn't even think to do, that doesn't add any replay value. And others are just points for beating stages, 25 points for beating the tutorial stage?!?! meh
I never cared about trophies on the PS3, Whenever I got one I would think "Oh cool I got a trophy" But then I'd stop caring about it. A lot of times Trophies can spoil a game, and some trophies are super hard to get for some people which leaves people frustrated.

Although I did like Black and White 2's Medal system, but I don't think it's necessary for replay value.

D

Deleted_171835

If Paper Mario: Sticker Star, Adventure Time: Hey Ice King! Why'd You Steal Our Garbage?!, Scribblenauts Unlimited, Professor Layton: Miracle Mask, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Code of Princess, New Super Mario Bros 2, Kingdom Hearts 3D - Dream Drop Distance, Rhythm Thief, Zen Pinball 3D, Heroes of Ruin, Theaterhythm: Final Fantasy, Mario Tennis Open, Kid Icarus Uprising, Ketzal's Corridors, Fractured Soul, PES 2012, Tales of the Abyss, Snake Eater 3D, Resident Evil Revelations, Epic Mickey, Crashmo, Sakura Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western, Fluidity: Spin Cycle, Crimson Shroud, Art of Balance Touch! and Tekken 3D all released in 2012 are not enough to please you, then I question your gaming tastes.

Oh and Resident Evil played just fine without the dual-stick tumour.

No trophies/achievements to give you something to do when you finished a game? Well I wonder if you managed to finish the Kid Icarus "Treasure Hunt".

game-modes-treasure-hunt-01.jpg

game-modes-treasure-hunt-02.jpg

Somehow I doubt that.

I don't see how you can say Nintendo isn't supporting the platform when we've gotten/getting a 3D Mario, a 2D Mario, Fire Emblem, Animal Crossing, a new Kid Icarus game (which was fucking stellar BTW), a Paper Mario game, a Luigi's Mansion game, several original IPs on the eShop (Sakura Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western), a new Pokemon game, a new Zelda game (confirmed by Miyamoto), two new puzzle games (Crashmo and Fluidity) and more.

In fact, your claim that the 3DS hasn't gotten a good game in over half a year can be disputed with a single game, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward (88 - Metacritic). No point even mentioning Paper Mario, Layton, Crimson Shroud, Code of Princess.

[/listwars]

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Anyway, my point is that games should be the huge factor for the 3DS, not Miiverse. I'd rather see Nintendo focus on games which is the driving aspect of console sales first and foremost since they do put out good games every now and then, even if they are beating a dead horse with games like New Super Mario Bros and milking franchises like Professor Layton even if they are really good.

Maybe Miiverse won't seem so lame when games that are focused so much around community building like Animal Crossing: New Leaf and a new Rune Factory game become available. It all depends on implementation really, if Miiverse communicates what you are doing in your games properly, then it will be worth having on the system.

AceWarhead

"Must Construct Additional Pylons"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyway, my point is that games should be the huge factor for the 3DS, not Miiverse. I'd rather see Nintendo focus on games which is the driving aspect of console sales first and foremost since they do put out good games every now and then, even if they are beating a dead horse with games like New Super Mario Bros and milking franchises like Professor Layton even if they are really good.

Maybe Miiverse won't seem so lame when games that are focused so much around community building like Animal Crossing: New Leaf and a new Rune Factory game become available. It all depends on implementation really, if Miiverse communicates what you are doing in your games properly, then it will be worth having on the system.
I don't think they're marketing MiiVerse as the selling point of the console. They're just adding it on to an already successful system. And what harm can it do honestly?

Treeko

Trophies
XP
Country
One main thing I'd like to see in the os, is that whenever you press the home button and try to go to any of those quick access apps like friends list, browser etc you should be able to access them faster, I mean it takes so much time just to check your friends list, I would like to know if other people are having the same problem or its just my 3ds, I wonder, anyways hoping they bring more to the os just than miiverse which is awesome on the wii u.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, atleast there was some neat filler there