heartgold

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Miiverse-3DS-500x280.jpg

Once the Miiverse hits the 3DS, it will be huge. Just imagine the possibilities of playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf while sharing your experiences on the Miiverse. Now that’s something!
http://www.siliconera.com/2013/01/1...t-will-be-huge-says-nintendo-president-iwata/

This blows out my fears that we were just getting access to miiverse via the slow browser. Looks like dedicated app will come or even better perhaps added into the OS.

Reactions: TripleSMoon

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'd recommend everyone to actually read the article. The quote is a part of the interview, but leaves out a lot more (actually my first thought was that sharing the experience was more about "Bob has played 4 hours of Animal Crossing and likes it" or "Bob has received achievement "Animal Crossing is fun"" than what Iwata describes in the source).

I don't know about the 3DS and how much it could benefit from the possibilities, but I've had quite a few laughs with the WiiU drawing possibilities :3

Brian117

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
>Just imagine the possibilities of playing Animal Crossing: New Leaf while sharing your experiences on the Miiverse. Now that’s something!

Right...at this rate it doesn't seem like Animal Crossing will even GET released for other regions with them taking their good ol' time with the game.

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So I'm guessing this is going to be integrated into the OS itself? That way you can realistically write stuff on Miiverse by hitting the home menu without exiting the game you're playing?

Definitely really, really cool. :D

Gnargle

The day I set a profile picture is the day I die
Trophies
XP
Country
GET HYPE obviously.
But this was inevitable, really. I mean, wasn't announced along with Miiverse anyway?

DSGamer64

Canadian, Eh?
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about games instead of Miiverse, Nintendo? Seriously getting sick of all this social crap that Nintendo keeps trying to lodge into their systems. Why not instead of trying to create some false sense of community between players who don't know one another, just do what everyone else does and let players create user accounts and have trophies. I thought the whole Mii concept was absolutely retarded on the Wii, now Nintendo is just making it worse. I am surprised I still have my Wii U to be honest, cause rather then devote their resources to making games, they waste time and money on casual garbage like Miiverse and micro game packages. The 3DS hasn't had a good game in over half a year and Nintendo continues to waste resources that could be better spent on the things that people are actually going to play.

Reactions: chartube12

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How about games instead of Miiverse, Nintendo? Seriously getting sick of all this social crap that Nintendo keeps trying to lodge into their systems. Why not instead of trying to create some false sense of community between players who don't know one another, just do what everyone else does and let players create user accounts and have trophies. I thought the whole Mii concept was absolutely retarded on the Wii, now Nintendo is just making it worse. I am surprised I still have my Wii U to be honest, cause rather then devote their resources to making games, they waste time and money on casual garbage like Miiverse and micro game packages. The 3DS hasn't had a good game in over half a year and Nintendo continues to waste resources that could be better spent on the things that people are actually going to play.

Trophies and achievements are stupid. I wish gaming would just stop with them. Also MiiVerse is awesome, I'm glad it's coming to the 3DS. Also half a year? Where the hell have you been and what have you been playing??? Just because games don't interest you, doesn't mean that good games aren't being released. So please, stop talking for everybody.

D

Deleted_171835

Because Nintendo totally didn't release
+ Kid Icarus: Uprising
+ New Super Mario Bros. 2
+ Super Mario 3D Land
+ Zelda OOT 3D, Star Fox 64 3D
+ Pushmo/Crashmo
+ Sakura Samurai, Dillon's Rolling Western
+ Mario Tennis Open
+ Paper Mario Sticker Star
+ Denpa Men
+ Mario Kart 7
+ Fluidity: Spin Cycle

And third-parties definitely did not give us Metal Gear Solid: Snake Eater 3D, Resident Evil: Revelations, Zero Escape: Virtue's Last Reward, Code of Princess, Tales of the Abyss 3D, Kingdom Hearts 3D, Theateryhthm: Final Fantasy, Adventure Time, Professor Layton: Miracle Mask, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon Legacy, Nano Assault, Shinobi, Mutant Mudds, Tekken 3D, Rhythm Thief, Crimson Shroud, Denpa Men, Scribblenauts: Unlimited, Rayman Origins, Unchained Blades and Epic Mickey all this year.

And these games totally aren't going to come out
+ Fire Emblem: Awakening
+ Animal Crossing: New Leaf
+ Pokemon X/Y
+ Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon
+ Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate/4
+ Ace Attorney 5
+ Professor Layton vs. Ace Attorney
+ Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate
+ Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers
+ Etrian Odyssey IV
+ Brain Age: Concentration Training
+ Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
+ Super Smash Bros
+ Project X Zone
+ Layton and the Azran Legacies
+ Fantasy Life
+ Rune Factory 4
+ Bravely Default
+ Mutant Mudds 2/FPS by Renegade Kid

BUT NO NINTENDO, STOP FEEDING US THIS CASUAL SHIT. YOU NEVER RELEASE ANYTHING AND THE 3DS IS SUFFERING A GAME DROUGHT.

[/listwars]

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
People should really not expect too much, not until we get some actual videos of the 3DS version. That image above leads people to imagining Miis converging around game titles with chat bubbles... but that's not Miiverse. That's WaraWara Plaza.

Iwata did not say anything about WaraWara Plaza.

...of course, I could be wrong in thinking that Warawara Plaza is different from Miiverse, which is pretty much just a glorified forum from what I reckon, but we'll see in a bit, won't we?

EDIT: I just remembered this, and it's possibly one of the least-announced feature of Miiverse, but if it is going to be implemented on a system-firmware level, then Game Notes will finally have some use. Screenshots. Push Home, launch Game Notes, you've got yourself a frozen frame of the game, both 3D top screen and touchscreen. They just need to put an Export/Save Image button there somewhere. I'm thinking this is gonna be it. Finally. Not only are we gonna be able to take screenshots anytime in-game, but we'll be able to post it on the Miiverse and, you know, ask specific hints about that particular point in time.

D

Deleted User

What kind of games are you looking for?

omgpwn666

Guy gamer and proud!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because Nintendo totally didn't release
-snip-

BUT NO NINTENDO, STOP FEEDING US THIS CASUAL SHIT. YOU NEVER RELEASE ANYTHING AND THE 3DS IS SUFFERING A GAME DROUGHT.

[/listwars]

I love this post so much, I will probably hold onto it forever to link to any ignorant children who do not pay attention to what Nintendo does.

Reactions: ferofax

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Precisely! You are SO right. Nintendo is releasing no games for 3DS. It's not like we have Luigi's Mansion 2, Fire Emblem: Awakening, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, and Pokemon X/Y coming out. And it's not like 3rd parties are releasing Monster Hunter 3: Ultimate or Lego City: The Chase Begins.

So yeah, you're right. no promising games for the 3DS at all.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I am the cancer!!! lol