Mii's transfer from wii remote to Wii U?? How?

Discussion in 'Wii U - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by dtp30, Nov 30, 2012.

1. dtp30
    OP

dtp30 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 11, 2011
    United States
    Hello all,

I have saved my Mii's from my wii to a remote... How do you get the wii U to read them? It looks like you can only read them off a 3ds?

Am i missing somthing?

Thanks, D.

2. kp_centi

kp_centi GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2010
    United States
    I myself does not have the console yet. I've heard it's not possible to transfer Miis via Wii Mote. The best you can do is use a 3DS, Wii to 3DS, then 3DS to WiiU.

3. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    Wii mode>Mii Channel>Wiimote>Transfer>WiiUMenu>SelectUser>MiiMaker>CopyfromMiiChannel
    Done.

4. kp_centi

kp_centi GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2010
    United States
    Whoa!! I didn't realize there was a Copy from Mii Channel! That is just fantastic then. I wonder if you can install the CheckMiiOutChannel on the Wiiu Wii

5. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    You can't install Checkoutmiichannel. You can't also install Internet Channel, Nintendo channel, Everybody votes channel, Photo Channel 1.1, HuluPlus, Netflix, or Youtube.

6. kp_centi

kp_centi GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2010
    United States
    That sucks! I'm hoping they revive the CheckOutMii, EverybodyVotes, and Nintendo Channel. The Mii and Voting channel was so much fun!

7. Ryupower

Ryupower Brood

Oct 8, 2007
    United States
    any WiiConnect24 app, is not support buy the wiiU (at this time)

8. kp_centi

kp_centi GBAtemp Regular

Nov 28, 2010
    United States
    Sorry for the bump. I went to a friend's house today and booted up in vWii in his WiiU and i went to the Mii Channel. It seems that the options on the right does not even appear. How did you manage to do the Wii Remote Transfer????

9. aur

aur Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Nov 15, 2009
    this guide found via google worked for me: http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/11/guide_transferring_your_mii_to_the_wii_u

scroll to the bit that describes the "workaround" and you can transfer from Wii to 3DS then from 3DS to Wii U

10. MarioFanatic64

MarioFanatic64 The guy who does things

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    But you won't be able to use those Miis in Wii software. There is not a single way to transfer any existing Miis from a Remote or another Console to the vWii. You have to either rebuild them or perform the Wii-vWii transfer.

It sucks however, because if you have used a hack to give your Mii gold pants, it's impossible to get them on Wii U in anyway.

EDIT: Unless you hack your Wii U.

11. blaisedinsd

blaisedinsd GBAtemp Maniac

Dec 6, 2012
    United States
    Wow, that's dumb. Why the heck would they drop that feature in the vWii....SMH

12. CaveStoryKing64

CaveStoryKing64 Newbie

Newcomer
    May 24, 2017
    United States
    What's weird is that I can access Mii's on a wiimote from specific games, (such as Wii Sports) but not on the Mii Plaza. It would literally be easier for them to not remove it, since they just copy pasted the Wii code and changed a few things here and there on the vWii. The only reason I can think of for them not putting that feature in is to get the slightest bit more 3DS sales. One of the many reasons why I haven't done the system transfer. Stick with your hardware Wii's. They are also a LOT better for Homebrew. You can't even get BootMii or PriiLoader on a vWii.

Last edited by CaveStoryKing64, May 26, 2017
  13. julialy

julialy Homebrewer

Nov 26, 2012
    United States
    United States
    I'm not sure if you can install the version of the Mii Channel used on the original Wii.
    ^ don't try the above without any way to restore your NAND backup. ^

14. SjorsMaster

SjorsMaster Member

Newcomer
    Aug 26, 2015
    Netherlands
    You can install these, With the magic of homebrew and the correct wii wads.
    However, if they work properly is a diffrent story.