Migrating to B/W with SS file on an Acekard?

Discussion in 'Acekard' started by LOL69, Mar 19, 2011.

Mar 19, 2011
  1. LOL69
    OP

Newcomer LOL69 Newbie

Canada
    Hello. I just got the game Pokemon Black (I actually bought it, not illegal) and I wanted to know if there was an answer to this question. Can you migrate pokemon on a SS file on the Acekard to a legit Pokemon Black cartridge?

BTW, I am using Acekard 2, not I, and I'm using a DS Lite (If it even matters).

2. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
    With no IR on the flashcart, you can't transfer with that method.
    You can try using the wifi transfer method. You will need to have 2 DS/L/i/LL/XL.

It would probably be faster just to dump the Black save and use the pokemon editor to add any you got.

3. Clydefrosch

Member Clydefrosch GBAtemp Psycho!

Germany
    its virtually impossible since migrating works over the download play option to access the ss save.
    it wouldnt work on a flashcard that only loads the savefile after loading the .nds file

4. LOL69
    OP

Newcomer LOL69 Newbie

Canada
    Wifi transfer method? What is that? And, in theory, could I just trade over my Pokemon to a real pokemon cartridge (E.g: A Pokemon Diamond), could I bring them over to Black from there?

And if not, what is this "Pokemon Editor" and how would I use it for this purpose?

5. how_do_i_do_that

Member how_do_i_do_that Blue Wizard is about to die.

Antarctica
  6. Jalalipop

Newcomer Jalalipop Newbie

United States
    I'm on the same boat, except my Black game is also a ROM. I'm going to try dumping my SS save on a real cartridge from a friend. It looks like it can be done by WiFi. If I can get it to work (I'll probably try on Tuesday), I'll put up a thread about it.

7. Ammako

Member Ammako GBAtemp Guru

Canada
    http://projectpokemon.org/forums/showthrea...kup-HG-SS-saves

Just as Clydefrosch said, transfering works with Download Play. You don't need IR to transfer Pokémon from the 4th gen to the 5th gen.
    And it's certainly not done over Wi-Fi.

8. LOL69
    OP

Newcomer LOL69 Newbie

Canada
    Alright, thanks. The way things are going now, I'll probably just trade over my SS pokemon to a real Diamond cart (I have one) and then transfer it from there. A lot of work, I know, but so far, it's my best option. If you can find a better option that I can use, please tell me.