Migrating to a bigger SD card and keeping games ?

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i’m upgrading to a bigger SD on the same 2017 version 1 Switch

I was using a fat32 partition with hidden emummc partition

I’ve installed a bigger SD and wanted to build exactly the same system from the ground up on a bigger SD, I’ve created all the new partitions Fat32 and hidden 31gb partition for emummc on the new SD card, using Hekaki and everything works great and I can boot into Atmosphere no problems and run all the homebrew stuff so I now have a perfectly running brand new build running CFM and Emummc but now I want to move over all my old games which I had on the old SD card which is 200GB

To copy over all my games I copied the Nintendo folder from the old Emummc folder on the old SD card but I’ve just rebooted the system and it comes up with a message saying “This microSD card is being used by another Nintendo Switch and the data needs to be deleted”

It took several hours to copy this Nintendo folder so I really don’t want to delete the data..

Is there anyway to save this data ? what step did I do wrong ?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
All I ever did was copy every single file off my sd card to my PC, format the bigger sd card and copy all the files back and it works.

lucky13

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
when i first booted the new CFW it has all the old settings and games from the OFW Sysnand….so should i have migrated something else and not the OFWsysnand ..then it would have let me copy over the 200GB Emunand folder from the old SD card which I assume has all the games in it without causing this error about the microSD card being in use on another Switch ?

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forget most use emunand/sysnand I don't, so maybe ignore my instructions they may be different for emunand/sysnand.

wiiNinja

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The guide says to "copy the contents of your SD card"; that means everything. You selectively copied just some folders correct?

fvig2001

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
I mean, it sounds like you didn't copy everything based on your post. My steps were:

1. Create an emunand via hekate
2. Clone emunand via emutools and put it in new emunand
3. Copy all files from old sd card to new sd card

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i’m upgrading to a bigger SD on the same 2017 version 1 Switch

I was using a fat32 partition with hidden emummc partition

I’ve installed a bigger SD and wanted to build exactly the same system from the ground up on a bigger SD, I’ve created all the new partitions Fat32 and hidden 31gb partition for emummc on the new SD card, using Hekaki and everything works great and I can boot into Atmosphere no problems and run all the homebrew stuff so I now have a perfectly running brand new build running CFM and Emummc but now I want to move over all my old games which I had on the old SD card which is 200GB

To copy over all my games I copied the Nintendo folder from the old Emummc folder on the old SD card but I’ve just rebooted the system and it comes up with a message saying “This microSD card is being used by another Nintendo Switch and the data needs to be deleted”

It took several hours to copy this Nintendo folder so I really don’t want to delete the data..

Is there anyway to save this data ? what step did I do wrong ?
Are you using a Mac?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: This movie rip so werid has 10180p quality but the audios ripped with movie theater audio quality