Migrating from sx os to Atmosphere or cleanup install?

skullroy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Hello,

It's been a while since I do not use my Switch, which has the SX OS and firmware 10.2.0. I wanted to play some new games but obviously they ask me to upgrade the firmware version. So I want to move from SX to Atmosphere but I have many questions. Please be patient with my vocabulary and the ambiguity of my questions, I am very noob on this, but the main target is to have a system where I can play latest games.

1. Do I need to upgrade the Switch to the latest firmware and then start migrating from SX to Atmosphere? this will break my current SX OS. I also have seen there is a new Switch released firmware and that Atmosphere already updated support this.

2. I honestly don't know if I have emunand or a sysnand. I have that dongle for the USB + the thing you introduce in the controller that I use to turn on the Switch and trigger the SX system. I also use a SD card where I add the XCI or NSP files. Does this sound like a emunand or sysnand?

3. I have a spare blank SD card. Would you recommend to install Atmosphere there and leave the SD card with the SX untouchable, just in case anything goes wrong? again, if I need to upgrade the Switch to the latest firmware, when I try to use the SX won't work...

4. Do you think I should take anything else into consideration before I move to Atmosphere and avoid breaking the Switch?

Thank you all.

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
on my main Switch the ofw is 8.00 I have a separate sd card with sxos 11.00 and a sd with atmosphere 13.2 ,
I personally will keep the original firmware as log as possible and create separate EMMCU, that way its a lower changes of Bricking... If the EMMCU messes up, I can just create a new one, and if I ever want to go back to SXOS (XCI) I can

Reactions: skullroy

skullroy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
on my main Switch the ofw is 8.00 I have a separate sd card with sxos 11.00 and a sd with atmosphere 13.2 ,
I personally will keep the original firmware as log as possible and create separate EMMCU, that way its a lower changes of Bricking... If the EMMCU messes up, I can just create a new one, and if I ever want to go back to SXOS (XCI) I can

So, what I understand is that I will use a new sd card with the latest atmosphere version and boot the Switch from there without updating its original firmware, which currently is 10.0.2 and that should work.

A bit lost here, what is an EMMCU and how do you create a separate EMMCU?

Thanks

djpannda

GBAtemp's Pannda
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean you can convert your SXOS emunand to Atmos but I would say its Hundred times Easier to just use a different sd card.
just follow The Ultimate Noob Guide for Hacking your Nintendo Switch ...https://switch.homebrew.guide.
with a new SD card, create a new Emunand with atmos. and make sure you don't update the Sysnd only the (atmos) Emunand

I am able to hack create and update a Emunad following the guide in less than a hour. ( most of it was waiting for backup and creating the emunand

Reactions: skullroy

skullroy

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Lithuania
Thanks my friend. I will do :)

xanthonius

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hello @skullroy, how did you get on with this? I am in a similar position to you:

====

Hi, can anyone help? Didn't want to open a new thread as I've seen quite a few regarding it but I'm stuck - I have an SX Core Mariko switch that I've recently picked up again (not used for a year or so), so I've been trying to get it swapped over from SX OS 3.0.5 to Atmosphere.

When I launch Atmosphere through Hekate (downloaded all the latest stuff from hxxps://rentry.org/mys8q) I get the following error: Package1 seems corrupt!

I've done some digging and this is related to corrupted boot0/boot1 files from choi, for which I don't have a backup of, I think I was going from 11.0.0 -> 10.2.0, I've had a look around and everyone mentions to look on xbins, I couldn't find these on there and the instructions here (hxxps://rentry.org/SwitchFAQ#error-fatal-error-nxboot-couldnt-parse-boot0) didn't really make much sense to me - how can I check the following? Ensure that your SysNAND is on the same version as your EmuNAND

And once I've done that, it tells me to backup my EmuMMC and then restore the same EmuMMC, doesn't mention to restore a valid boot0/boot1?

I still have my SX OS SD card so I can boot into SX OS but really would like to get this patched and updated to Atmosphere so I can play later games like Pokemon Arceus, as my current FW is 10.2.0.

Any help for a noob is much appreciated!

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is SX OS finished, no one has taken it up? I also haven't used my Switch in a while.
SXOS hasn’t seen an update since 11.0.0. Some folks ran into legal trouble. I think it’s safe to say SXOS is finished. Migrate to Atmosphere…you’ll be glad you did.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello @skullroy, how did you get on with this? I am in a similar position to you:

====

Hi, can anyone help? Didn't want to open a new thread as I've seen quite a few regarding it but I'm stuck - I have an SX Core Mariko switch that I've recently picked up again (not used for a year or so), so I've been trying to get it swapped over from SX OS 3.0.5 to Atmosphere.

When I launch Atmosphere through Hekate (downloaded all the latest stuff from hxxps://rentry.org/mys8q) I get the following error: Package1 seems corrupt!

I've done some digging and this is related to corrupted boot0/boot1 files from choi, for which I don't have a backup of, I think I was going from 11.0.0 -> 10.2.0, I've had a look around and everyone mentions to look on xbins, I couldn't find these on there and the instructions here (hxxps://rentry.org/SwitchFAQ#error-fatal-error-nxboot-couldnt-parse-boot0) didn't really make much sense to me - how can I check the following? Ensure that your SysNAND is on the same version as your EmuNAND

And once I've done that, it tells me to backup my EmuMMC and then restore the same EmuMMC, doesn't mention to restore a valid boot0/boot1?

I still have my SX OS SD card so I can boot into SX OS but really would like to get this patched and updated to Atmosphere so I can play later games like Pokemon Arceus, as my current FW is 10.2.0.

Any help for a noob is much appreciated!
Did you ever use ChoiDujourNX?

cobjak

Trophies
XP
Country
France
I didn't notice it but since the previous update of atmosphere and official firmware, certain games doesn't boot...
Example, Mario, pokémon boots normally but GTA, darksiders doesn't boot... What can I do?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't notice it but since the previous update of atmosphere and official firmware, certain games doesn't boot...
Example, Mario, pokémon boots normally but GTA, darksiders doesn't boot... What can I do?

Have you tried:

Remove the game via Settings —> Data Management —> Manage Software —> Title —> Delete Software
Reinstall the game.

Reactions: cobjak

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hello kitty ds is required +1