Hacking Migrated from SXOS to Atmosphere - games don't work!

LordMarMer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello!
I finally made the switch from sxos to atmosphere yesterday.
I followed this guide https://rentry.org/mys8q

First I transferred the emunand hidden partition to files on sd card via sxos bootloader)
I put all the files like mentioned in the tutorial
Then I migrated to EmuMMC via Hekate (latest version of hekate)

I used the latest version of atmosphere (1.00) and latest sigpatches (only used fusee.zip)
I also installed the latest official firmware (12.1.0) via daybreak.
So no my Switch (erista v1) is on 12.1.0/AMS 1.0.0/E

But most of the games don't work! I think they are the games installed as xci in the sx installer.
I have one nsp file and that starts up normally.
So I deleted a faulty game and
I tried to re-install the xci games through Tinfoil (latest version) --> doesn't work
I tried to install the same game but the nsp version --> doesn't work

Luckily I made savegames backup with JKSV before installing atmosphere.

What can I do?

Last edited by LordMarMer,

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Sigpatches? Latest ones installed.

Patches for a game? I used this kind of xci "Base + v1.0.3 (Patched)"
try to use hekate sigpatches then. Fusee sigpathes would only work if you'll boot up using fusee payload, not hekate own boot routine. Or just boot using fusee payload, you can download it newest version with newest atmosphere.

LordMarMer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
try to use hekate sigpatches then. Fusee sigpathes would only work if you'll boot up using fusee payload, not hekate own boot routine. Or just boot using fusee payload, you can download it newest version with newest atmosphere.

I'll try that. Indeed How I boot the console tis this way
Put in Jig and sx dongle, and boot in rcm.
Hekate opens. I press launch and choose atmosphere.

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'll try that. Indeed How I boot the console tis this way
Put in Jig and sx dongle, and boot in rcm.
Hekate opens. I press launch and choose atmosphere.
You can also use any bootloader payload from hekate with a button somewhere above, it's how I do things, works better for me using fusee sigpathes. Just make sure you have latest payload in bootloader folder.

This whole sigpath thing is such a mess we have whole faq troubleshoot thread about it
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/
was much easeir on sx.

You might also want to read this

Some users sometimes hnadle their setup in the wrong order, which ends up in some key files needed for signature patches to work properly being missing in the setup.
This can be caused if you download the sigpatches first, and then you try to update Hekate, which can overwrite the "hekate_ipl.ini" file from the sigpatches pack, which has a important config line to make the sigpatches work on boot properly.

This can be easily resolved by opening the file called "hekate_ipl.ini" inside the /bootloader/ folder, and check if it has a line that says "kip1patch=nosigchk".
Make sure that line is added into whatever CFW you are booting into, be it sysNAND or emuNAND.
If said line is there, then this might most lkely not be the issue, but if it isn't, be sure to add it right undr the payload=**** line.

Last edited by Reploid,

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Use both :3 That's what I do!

LordMarMer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You can also use any bootloader payload from hekate with a button somewhere above, it's how I do things, works better for me using fusee sigpathes. Just make sure you have latest payload in bootloader folder.

This whole sigpath thing is such a mess we have whole faq troubleshoot thread about it
https://gbatemp.net/threads/guide-how-to-fix-switch-games-not-booting-after-a-fw-cfw-update.563960/
was much easeir on sx.

You might also want to read this

Ok I redid everthing from the tutorial on https://rentry.org/mys8q
I used the fusee.zip sigpatch
I included the line "kip1patch=nosigchk" in hekate_ipl.ini

I booted fusee.bin directly with tegrarcmgui

I installed the game again with TinFoil and even tried another installer, Tinwoo installer.

Damn I miss SXOS already. Everything worked and much simpler.Too bad I installed firmware 12.1.0 already, it's on emummc so I can go back If I want I guess.

EDIT: While I was typing this, I succesfully installed a game with tinwoo but not the initial game I had problems with. That game still gives problems. I think it's a bad file? Weird it's for both the xci and nsp version

Reploid

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Use both :3 That's what I do!
aint they just overwrite each other?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Ok I redid everthing from the tutorial on https://rentry.org/mys8q
I used the fusee.zip sigpatch
I included the line "kip1patch=nosigchk" in hekate_ipl.ini

I booted fusee.bin directly with tegrarcmgui

I installed the game again with TinFoil and even tried another installer, Tinwoo installer.

Damn I miss SXOS already. Everything worked and much simpler.Too bad I installed firmware 12.1.0 already, it's on emummc so I can go back If I want I guess.

EDIT: While I was typing this, I succesfully installed a game with tinwoo but not the initial game I had problems with. That game still gives problems. I think it's a bad file? Weird it's for both the xci and nsp version
Only solution I could think of is using kefir or deepsea package. It's basically preconfigured atmosphere with bunch of extra stuff. I use deepsea myself and I think it's cool, helped me a bit.

LordMarMer

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I must apologise for wasting everyone's time.. It's very dumb but the culprit were bad game files. I used game files with updates in it and patched. For example: Base + v1.0.3 (Patched)

So I installed only the base (with Tinwoo, simple but fantastic installer) and the game works. I installed the 1.0.3 update . Game crashes. I installed the 1.02 update, and it works.

So everything works and I followed the https://rentry.org/mys8q I used the fusee.zip sigpatches only. And I boot atmosphere with Hekate with no problems.

So the message is when a combine game package doesn't work, install the base first and install a usable update afterwards.

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
For example: Base + v1.0.3 (Patched)

This (Patched) naming normally refers to the file being 'patched down' to run on a lower firmware than the update intended.
Pretty sure the atmos patches are just for the console to use with atmos.

It appears the updates you downloaded were unpatched, with 1.02 okay for your setup but 1.03 needing later firmware? use NSC_Builder to check.

Last edited by fatherjack,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I hate these DIY furniture kits so bad