Professional loafer
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
cwAPo.jpg

The latest issue of Nintendo Power has arrived, and with it news about WayForward's glorious eShop puzzle-platformer, Mighty Switch Force. The $5.99 (USD) title was acclaimed, but one of the most complained about aspects of the game was its length. WayForward seeks to remedy this (thanks to the new 3DS system update expected) by updating the game with five additional levels.

In addition to the new gameplay content, the developer will also be adding a quick-retry option that will allow players to more easily try for those record completion times. All of this will come free of charge to those folks who have already downloaded the game, and the eShop price to purchase the title will remain the same. No specific date has been mentioned for the update, though fans should look out for it "in the very near future."

:arrow: Source: Nintendo Power v278

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think I've ever heard of this game, but hey, free updates are always nice. I'm just hoping this isn't just a Mighty, Forced Bait and Switch.

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Did they make the par times easier?
The game would've been better had they divided par times into ranks instead.
You want to S-rank all the levels, but at least have A-rank, and B, C and D as well.

The way the par system works out makes me want to perfect the level before even moving onto the next, instead of doing well on the first play-through, then focus on perfect play-throughs later.
"B-rank, okay good enough, onto the next level."

M[u]ddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The way the par system works out makes me want to perfect the level before even moving onto the next, instead of doing well on the first play-through, then focus on perfect play-throughs later.
But you can't perfect a lot of levels, before you completed the game,
because you need the alternative weapon.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country
But you can't perfect a lot of levels, before you completed the game,
because you need the alternative weapon.
Yes you can, I managed to beat every time without using that.

servant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm I've been holding out on buying this because it was so short but this might make me change my mind.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
...as it is, the 16 levels fly by far too quickly. (And if you add up those Par times, the developers say the whole game should be completed in less than 27 minutes.)
That is from the IGN review of the original. If 16 levels can be completed in 27 minutes, then another 5 levels would only add another ~8 minutes, 28 seconds to the game.
Yes, it's free DLC, but if this is really just to "remedy [...] its length", then they are really missing the mark. Adding a whole 8.4 minutes to the game? Stop the presses, that's too much.

It's a good idea, yes, but if they truly wanted to please fans begging for more levels/longer gameplay, they needed to add a (for example) 50 level pack for $5 ontop of this free DLC.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
...as it is, the 16 levels fly by far too quickly. (And if you add up those Par times, the developers say the whole game should be completed in less than 27 minutes.)
That is from the IGN review of the original. If 16 levels can be completed in 27 minutes, then another 5 levels would only add another ~8 minutes, 28 seconds to the game.
Yes, it's free DLC, but if this is really just to "remedy [...] its length", then they are really missing the mark. Adding a whole 8.4 minutes to the game? Stop the presses, that's too much.

It's a good idea, yes, but if they truly wanted to please fans begging for more levels/longer gameplay, they needed to add a (for example) 50 level pack for $5 ontop of this free DLC.
Yeah, that's what I was thinking. If it's as short as people say, 5 levels meant to address the length issue isn't going to do much at all.

Eerpow

*swoosh*
Trophies
XP
Country

Except that we don't know the length of the new levels, there were some levels that had 4-5 minutes par times, besides you have to memorize and replay the levels A LOT in order to reach those times, it's not like it takes you half an hour on your first playthrough.

So with this I'm expecting my game to clock an additional 4 hours or so.

Anyway I'm hoping for new music, the soundtrack was very catchy as you could expect from a Wayforward title

jimskeet2002

Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
27 minutes to beat the game.... lol...
There is no chance any living being on earth would ever start the game and finish it in 27 minutes... EVER...
I guess it is kinda short but not THAT short... I would prefer it to have a function like pullbox where u can create levels and others can download them etc... Also an online function where it would rank your performance on a global scoreboard.

Reactions: 1 person

Master Mo

F.R.E.E.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I bought this game not too long ago and I thought it was brilliant. More of the same would be great and even better if it's free.

Since this was developed after the game was completed I would also gladly pay a Euro for it!

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's a good game, and it seems kinda funny that I haven't beaten the original version considering I've had the game for months. I guess I don't game that much really. I beat like one level ever few weeks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.