Mighty No. 9 is Megaman's spiritual successor

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its%20happening%20ron%20paul%20animated%20GIF.gif

Megaman fans have been waiting too long. The dev team looks like it can make a way better Megaman game than Capcom can today, the money/backer amount is skyrocketing by the minute, and over half the backers are donating for the base amount for the copy of the game.

CONSOLE RELEASE LET'S MAKE IT HAPPEN

Reactions: zfreeman

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
OP could have mentioned that Keiji Inafune was the lead for this project. This is as true of a spiritual successor as they come.

GHANMI

Trophies
XP
Country
Only 3 hours and already $210k out of the $900k goal ($2,5M for home consoles including Wii U)
TAKE THAT CAPCOM

Geren

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Spain
Only 3 hours and already $210k out of the $900k goal ($2,5M for home consoles including Wii U)
TAKE THAT CAPCOM
While I watched the video, they were raising about one thousand per minute. I don't know about other ks project, but this seems like it will make it to many stretch goals.

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've only ever even considered backing something on Kickstarter once (but never did it). This looks like it'll be a first for me. Maybe it's my mind trying to convince itself that Might No. 9's success shall lead to Megaman Legends 3.

Range-TE

Trophies
Website
random-arrow.tumblr.com
XP
Country
Indonesia
Oh how i love how Inafune always finds a way to shit all over Capcom's corporate meddling with Megaman.

Looks like a true Successor to classic Megaman, here's hoping for a Megaman X successor in the future

2ndApex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am just saying that it is not original at all. It's not hard to notice that it's pretty much Mega Man with changed names. Whether you like that or not is another story. I don't.

Thing is it's not supposed to be 100% original, it's new series in the Megaman lineup just like Megaman X and Megaman Legends were when they came out. It just doesn't have the Capcom logo on it, but it's from Inafune, the guy made Megaman in the first place and all the game designers/music composers of the Megaman series who left Capcom with him.

Even without the name that's probably more Megaman that the stuff like Rockman Xover that Capcom's been shooting out recently. The character designs and sick new soundtracks they've been spitting out has already proven it to the fans.

jacksprat1990

Trophies
XP
Country
I am just saying that it is not original at all. It's not hard to notice that it's pretty much Mega Man with changed names. Whether you like that or not is another story. I don't.

It's not supposed to be original. It's basically MegaMan without Crapcom's consent. This looks like the only way we're getting a new MegaMan game and who better than a bunch of veteran MegaMan staff. You don't have to like it. Bye for now. You won't be missed. lol.

Reactions: NahuelDS

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse