Homebrew Might have bricked 3DS...

TheApexTheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I attempted to follow Plailect's guide to homebrewing a 3DS, and am currently on Part 5. Because I had had some rather unpleasant experiences with CakesFW, I decided to follow this guide https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki/Part-5-%28arm9loaderhax-&-AuReiNAND%29 . I got to the part where arm9loaderhax restores emuNAND to sysNAND and installs arm9loaderhax to it (Step 29).

However, after waiting for the process to complete, the 3DS just shut itself down (even though it's supposed to reboot). Now, whenever I boot my 3DS with the SD card, it turns immediately off. When I boot it without the SD card, it hangs on a black screen... I followed everything, but my 3DS is in a state where I can't really do anything right now...

Is this a known issue that can be fixed? (Attached is the current list of files on my SD Card)

PS: Just changed the name of Decrypt9WIP.bin on my /rei/ folder to arm9payload.bin, but nothing changed

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 12.40.49 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 12.40.49 PM.png
    68.8 KB · Views: 219
  • Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 12.40.37 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-03-13 at 12.40.37 PM.png
    168.1 KB · Views: 199
Last edited by TheApexTheater,

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
the 3DS just shut itself down
it's normal
Now, whenever I boot my 3DS with the SD card, it turns immediately off. When I boot it without the SD card, it hangs on a black screen.
that's the behavior of arm9loaderhax if it doesn't find arm9loaderhax.bin at the rooto o sd card.

in two words: you didn't bricked

TheApexTheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
it's normal

that's the behavior of arm9loaderhax if it doesn't find arm9loaderhax.bin at the rooto o sd card.

in two words: you didn't bricked
This is fantastic news...Thanks for clearing this up!

I have another question: nowhere in the guide did I have an arm9loadhax.bin file, just an arm9.bin and arm11.bin files (and I guess just an arm9loadhax.3dsx file on the /3ds/ directory). Should I move the /rei/ folder from the AuReiNAND folder? Is there somewhere I can download the arm9loadhax.bin file?

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP
This is fantastic news...Thanks for clearing this up!

I have another question: nowhere in the guide did I have an arm9loadhax.bin file, just an arm9.bin and arm11.bin files (and I guess just an arm9loadhax.3dsx file on the /3ds/ directory). Should I move the /rei/ folder from the AuReiNAND folder? Is there somewhere I can download the arm9loadhax.bin file?
arm9loaderhax.bin and NOT arm9load.hax

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

arm9loaderhax.bin and NOT *arm9load.hax*
*arm9loadhax.bin*

TheApexTheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
arm9loaderhax.bin and NOT arm9load.hax

*arm9loadhax.bin*
Alright... Thank you. I found the arm9loaderhax.bin file in the AuReiNAND files and put it in the root of my SD card... Now, however, the 3DS hangs on a black screen... Where'd I screw up this time?

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright... Thank you. I found the arm9loaderhax.bin file in the AuReiNAND files and put it in the root of my SD card... Now, however, the 3DS hangs on a black screen... Where'd I screw up this time?
It needs a rei folder and the proper firmware files inside.

TheApexTheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the "rei" folder
So I just double/triple checked the guide, and it seems I have all the files necessary... According to the guide, I need:

(1) Decrypt9WIP.bin (which I then rename to arm9payload.bin)
(2) All the files from the AuReiNAND_options zip file
(3) firmware.bin from the AuReiNAND NTR Firmware

I'm almost 100% sure all the files in the guide are in my /rei/ folder, so I'm not sure what's the problem.. Is the /rei/ folder supposed to be in the root of the SD card?

Xexyz

GBATemp's™ Official Xexyz
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I just double/triple checked the guide, and it seems I have all the files necessary... According to the guide, I need:

I'm almost 100% sure all the files in the guide are in my /rei/ folder, so I'm not sure what's the problem.. Is the /rei/ folder supposed to be in the root of the SD card?
The rei folder is on the root and the firmware files are placed inside it

Deleted member 373223

Pink = Best colour
Trophies
XP

yes...

Reactions: TheApexTheater

TheApexTheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

WELP... That was my problem... The /rei/ folder was in the AuReiNAND subdirectory, and I guess I forgot to delete the menuhax folder...

(Lol... It works now and I posted my thing literally the same time you guys did!)

James310

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do people not brick there systems at the downgrade to 2.1 step and not realize there in the final steps of arm9haxloader and not relize it's normal to turn off by it self if a cfw isn't install!?

TheApexTheater

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How do people not brick there systems at the downgrade to 2.1 step and not realize there in the final steps of arm9haxloader and not realize it's normal to turn off by it self if a cfw isn't install!?
Because people (myself included) will always surprise you with how much they don't really understand what they're doing

Kurt Vonnegut put it very eloquently...
Pay no attention to Caesar. Caesar doesn't have the slightest idea what's really going on.

Last edited by TheApexTheater,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1