Might be back someday, but leaving for a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just registered in late 2014 and you have already drove me out of here. I've been in some real dickhead communities before, but never one like this. I have made a few friends on here, though.

Kelton2 - A good and nice person who helped admin a site with me
william341 - A good web admin and nice guy
Psi-hate - Shared a lot of the same 3DS hacking interests, and a nice friend

Seriously, can't people just quit assuming the worst and thinking "everything is fake until proven real?" It should be "everything is real until proven fake."

Don't ban or delete my account until I say it's okay. Thanks. I bet 85% of you are happy to see me going, but keep those comments to yourselves.

It hasn't been terrible here, but it certainly hasn't been good. Bye, enjoy your lives everyone.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh geez, I'm sorry to see you go :( I think that the general mentality should always be "fake until proven otherwise", but I'm sorry people were being dicks about it. If you really are leaving, I suppose I will wish you well, I know I can be as much of a jerk as any in this thread (I'm going to be transparent here and say that I probably was 50% of the reason shinkodachi left, and if he ever does come back, I want him to know I deeply regret that...), and I hope I was not partially responsible for your wish to leave, either. So, again, if you are leaving, Godspeed to you my friend, and I hope to see you and your creativity someday again, at a later date!

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Question. Were the majority of your posts in

1) The 3ds forum?
2) The Wii forum (possibly also the Wii U one but nobody has one of those so hey)
3) The edge of the forum?

If so there would be the problem. Such sections are basically roped off, maybe occasionally a moderator will wander through doing kind of trick shots or as their final act.

Failing that the forum is a reflection of the person posting on it.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm only here for a day or two until that thread dies down. Not posting anywhere else besides this and the Uxploit thread.

Regarding that, is that something that should just work from the link you shared in that YouTube video? If so, I'd be more than happy to test it to at least make sure the folder is created. I cant say the same about the kernel access part, though... Is that only supposed to stick around for one power cycle, or is that supposedly permanent?

elmoemo

Trophies
XP
Country
Don't let one thread make you leave. Yes there are plenty of dicks here but a lot of awesome dudes and dudettes here as well.

Loom at how gateway threads go when they say update soon or the Wii u key threads.

I just wouldn't post videos for people to claim as fake (which some will without proof of how it works) which is understandable.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Regarding that, is that something that should just work from the link you shared in that YouTube video? If so, I'd be more than happy to test it to at least make sure the folder is created. I cant say the same about the kernel access part, though... Is that only supposed to stick around for one power cycle, or is that supposedly permanent?
It's not permanent. Except this is much more limited than the browser exploit MrBean35000vr has. For this, it has to be something that can stick to the console. (Example: Mario Kart 8 RAM hacks are probably not going to be possible with this because they reset every time the console is shut off. Placing of folders, creation of tiles on the home menu is possible, because those will stick with a power off of the system.)

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not permanent. Except this is much more limited than the browser exploit MrBean35000vr has. For this, it has to be something that can stick to the console. (Example: Mario Kart 8 RAM hacks are probably not going to be possible with this because they reset every time the console is shut off. Placing of folders, creation of tiles on the home menu is possible, because those will stick with a power off of the system.)

So... It creates kernel-access permissions just within that folder, or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?

DarkFlare69

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... It creates kernel-access permissions just within that folder, or am I misunderstanding what you're saying?
You're sortve misunderstanding. The folder creation was just an example of a tile modification. It creates kernel access permissions on the Home menu. Title management. I may be able to get something good, like sortve a "cia installer" except for the Wii U. If I can, I don't know if I should make a video or not. That's really almost too good to be true, so everyone will bitch saying it's fake again.

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
For the three or so months this guy was here the forum was revitalized. I can not imagine going back to those dark post December 8th 2014 days again.

I refuse to!

So with that in mind I also quit, and for anyone who wants to call me out on that everything is real until proven fake motherfucker! :gun:

By the way even though I quit I will post in this thread and another until I stop getting attention. Bye bye bitches!

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're sortve misunderstanding. The folder creation was just an example of a tile modification. It creates kernel access permissions on the Home menu. Title management. I may be able to get something good, like sortve a "cia installer" except for the Wii U. If I can, I don't know if I should make a video or not. That's really almost too good to be true, so everyone will bitch saying it's fake again.

I suppose I'd say just give the code to MarioNumber1 to look over. If he says it's legit, the scene will know it is, as he's the most knowledgeable/active scene member besides perhaps Hykem

In the converse, if he discredits it and then steals it, you will at least have me on your side to argue your case, but I do not think that will be the case. Just don't give it to FaTaL_ErRoR ;)

These are the sorts of details you should be giving in the other thread, honestly.
I agree, the masses will be more willing to believe you at least show your knowledgeable in what your hack is supposed to be doing

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

These are the sorts of details you should be giving in the other thread, honestly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
    I @ idonthave: :)