Hacking Might as well. (Buying an Acekard 2i.)

Mages4ever

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Kay, I figure that my best bet on getting information would be to post my own thread with my own question(s).

1. What's a good website for Canadians to buy Acekard 2i's from?

2. How do the cheat files work o-o

3. What's the difference between 1.3 and 1.4? I've seen on sites (such as Leetmod.com) charge extra to upgrade. Can you upgrade yourself?

4. Wii Connectivity. Can you connect it to your Wii? (I.e. Pokemon to PBR)

5. What are the odds that a game will NOT work on the card?

Thanks for bearing with my uber noob questions. Have a great day
smile.gif

Krestent

What to post?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1. RealHotStuff, 0ShippingZone, GBATemp recommended sites
2. You place them on your MicroSD and enable them; they allow you to cheat
3. The updated version will let you use the Acekard on a DSi with firmware 1.4 on it; you need a DSL/DS to do the update
4. I think you can, not certain though
5. New mainstream titles might not work, fixes are usually very fast

Agent007

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
1. Dealextreme but they don't carry it anymore so you might as well get it from Leetmods.com
2. They work in many files so don't worry about it !
3. Yes you can upgrade yourself but if you're lazy you could always get them to do it
tongue.gif

4. That is a big yes ! but I think you gotta mess around with the settings/config.
5. 99.99% Games work on this card and that ONLY will new games will not work this this card but AKAIO always has fast updates to make sure we have those games to play!

Advi

Trophies
Website
www.fletchowns.net
XP
Country
United States
1. I think Game By Game delivers to Canada as well. Kinda pricey but good shipping. (Change your country symbol!)

2. The game codes are stored and retrieved from a single .dat file. You can replace the one in the firmware with the new one whenever there's an update. The cheats are configured within the menu.

3. 1.4 is mostly just for blocking flashcarts, which is pointless seeing as most of them bypass that now. All flashcarts work on all DSi's.

4. Yes, AKAIO now has built-in Wii connectivity. (At least, that's what I read. If not the M3 DS Real works with Wii)

5. Pretty much any game will work.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Livin in a box said:
DealExtreme are still selling them if people would bother to look at the threads here.
http://www.dealextreme.com/feedbacks/Brows...ws.dx/sku.18728

Cheapest you'll find it.
Doesn't work anymore.

Acekard's can use usrcheat.dat so no problem there. If you want wii connectivity with pokemon use akaio (which you should anyways) and hold down x when it is loading.
Go to my controls on the upper right of any page and fool around.
biggrin.gif

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mages4ever

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
wyndcrosser said:
READ the TEN+ topics based on this VERY SAME topic.

Wynd

Well, I'm sorry that even though I asked for help on those threads, no one would answer me.

modchipcentral.com (WTF IS THAT)

So, any other places?

And yes, I've checked out the deal extreme link. I guess people don't realize that if you check out, and click on the item, the page doesn't exist. So, don't assume that I don't check my stuff, because I do. That's the whole reason why I titled this thread as "Might as well."

Any other Canadian places that you can recommend to me?

Mother 3

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mages4ever said:
wyndcrosser said:
READ the TEN+ topics based on this VERY SAME topic.

Wynd

Well, I'm sorry that even though I asked for help on those threads, no one would answer me.

modchipcentral.com (WTF IS THAT)

So, any other places?

And yes, I've checked out the deal extreme link. I guess people don't realize that if you check out, and click on the item, the page doesn't exist. So, don't assume that I don't check my stuff, because I do. That's the whole reason why I titled this thread as "Might as well."

Any other Canadian places that you can recommend to me?
For what it's worth, I ordered mine from ModChipCentral, and haven't had any problems. Shipping to the middle of America was very fast for a Canada-based company (5 days from order date), and I'd imagine it would be even quicker shipping to Canada. They are listed on the Acekard site as an offical distributor, so you can be assured they won't send you fakes. It was around $35 for a 2i + 4GB SDHC card. I highly recommend them.

Mages4ever

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Mr.Mysterio said:
Dangy said:
Can't use that anymore.
I was able to add it to my cart, so I guess it should be working?

And then, if you click on it from your cart, the page disappears.

modchipcentral.com is some weirdo site for me o-o Sorry if I'm confusing you, but it says, "Absa Internet Banking"

What's the shipping policy on 0shippingzone.com o-o

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyBmc3-J5AM