MIDI player?

Discussion in 'NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations' started by Talaria, Sep 24, 2007.

Sep 24, 2007

MIDI player? by Talaria at 1:55 AM (905 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. Talaria
    OP

Member Talaria ...

New Zealand
    I have been extracting and converting songs from DS games to Midi's and of course they don't play properly as i have a average sound card and just to play a few game songs I don't really want to buy a high quality sound card. I was wondering if some knew of a Midi player which has its own instrument bank possibly making Midi's sound more correct?

2. Zidapi

Member Zidapi GBAtemp Addict

Australia
  3. Zephyr66

Newcomer Zephyr66 Member

Canada
    Uhh, if you can play midi on your sound card, you can play midi, period. There is no difference between midi on a $3000 sound card or midi on a $25 sound card.

4. gratefulbuddy

Member gratefulbuddy amateur lunatic

United States
    MIDI only requires you have the appropriate plugin/codec installed in your audio player.

5. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Sometimes the banks are a bit different compared to the standard windows ones which can lead to a "better" sounding track.

None the less emulation is about 20 times better than it was when most of these initial tools were made so is loop back not possible in this case? (couple it with corruption of the FAT in the soundfile to eliminate any "unwanted" tracks as well and you have a near pitch perfect reproduction)