Microsoft's Phil Spencer stated he'd like to see Nintendo games on Xbox

• Thread starter Saiyan Lusitano
  • Start date
  • Views 3,990
  • Replies 40
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
960-microsofts-msft-phil-spencer-says-nintendos-ntdoy-kimishima-will-do-great-a.jpg

Mr. Phil Spencer (Boss of the Xbox Department) being the cool social guy that he is, yesterday on Twitter he was talking with fans about Minecraft on Wii U and then when asked if any Nintendo titles were to ever be released on Xbox, Mr. Spencer stated the following 'I'd be happy to see that'. All's pretty and well but knowing how stubborn Nintendo are this seems very much impossible unless the new Nintendo president is A-OK with it (at this point it wouldn't seem like such an impossible thing to expect albeit the only reason Nintendo consoles survive is because of Nintendo exclusives).

We're all gamers so despite being a business first and foremost, maybe something unexpectedly surprising could come out of this.

Source: https://twitter.com/XboxP3/status/674370555475189760

BurningDesire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wii-u-vs-xbox-one-sales.png

Imagine friends. Imagine playing Splatoon on your Xbox One with 60fps and 1080p. Imagine playing Mario maker on it. On a recent twitter conversation with Phil Spencer he said he would love to have Nintendo content on Xbox One. I guess working with Nintendo on Minecraft Wii U lit a spark or something! After all Nintendo keeps playing trump card after trump card. Who knows what 2016 will bring! We may not get games but maybe Minecraft Nintendo themed skin packs. I wouldn't mind though seeing the new Metriod or F-Zero on the Xbox one.

Source

Last edited by BurningDesire,

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And I'd like to see an actual alien up close and personal. This isn't news, yeah Microsoft would like to see Nintendo-made games on their platforms, but that'll never happen.

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even get the big deal of making games go more than 60FPS, I've seen games running at 120FPS and it's not mind blowing or anything like that. It's probably better, sure, but my eyes could tell next to no difference.

Reactions: Deleted-236924

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if they go software only for home consoles (there's no chance in hell they'd drop mobile, look at the 3DS) and went exclusively with the Xbox, then I would get one as soon as possible. I don't think they would go with a specific console (or specifically consoles at all) though.

now assuming they stopped doing home consoles, and they went on to PC ports: if they came up with their own Nintendo client and didn't use Steam or anything, would you use it?

Reactions: Deleted-236924

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not even remotely news worthy, moved to a more appropriate section.

As for whatever he said, meh. It'll never happen.
Nintendo goes bankrupt in a year or two and then Microsoft buys them and kick Miyamoto out.

But really this is just a personal statement that will never amount to anything

S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
wii-u-vs-xbox-one-sales.png

Imagine friends. Imagine playing Splatoon on your Xbox One with 60fps and 1080p. Imagine playing Mario maker on it. On a recent twitter conversation with Phil Spencer he said he would love to have Nintendo content on Xbox One. I guess working with Nintendo on Minecraft Wii U lit a spark or something! After all Nintendo keeps playing trump card after trump card. Who knows what 2016 will bring! We may not get games but maybe Minecraft Nintendo themed skin packs. I wouldn't mind though seeing the new Metriod or F-Zero on the Xbox one.

Source
Splatoon is 60fps and also 1080p.. or not? It looks great and plays smoothly.

Reactions: Hayleia

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
so that fart once again spoke out of his ass and people think something will come out of it ?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bet he would. Why wouldn't he want wildly popular games with mass appeal (especially with some slightly different demographic appeal than the typical games for his system) and staying power on his system?

It's sure nice to want, isn't it? I bet his equivalent at Sony would like to have Nintendo titles on PS as well. As much chance of either of those ever happening as there is that muslim terrorists will all suddenly reform and become nice reasonable people, tho.

Last edited by tbb043,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol