• Replies 40

Dark_Phoras

Master of Hounds
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Nintendo would be dumb to let their ips on a rivals console

Unless gaming consoles turn into tv media centres with subscription services. I guess Microsoft, Apple and Sony would dominate it, Nintendo could be forced to adapt their business model to compete with Valve or CD Projekt. It's still futurology at this point, there's too much to happen and the outcome could be different.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well...we can toss it all we want, but MS did allow one of their bes...their most popul...one of their most known franchises on the wiiu. I'd say it would be a token of appreciation if nintendo returned the favor by allowing a similar known-but-not-the-best game on their platform. Pikmin 3 or donkey kong, or something like that. It's not like nintendo will actually LOSE something to such trade, so...why not? :)

osaka35

Instructional Designer
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Mr. Spencer stated the following 'I'd be happy to see that'.

Why don't we see 1st party games on other consoles? Because it doesn't make sense for that company to share its Intellectual Property (IP) with other companies. Minecraft is something of a special case, and to microsoft's credit, continued to let it be a multi-platform game after buying up the IP. It could simply be a matter that the company who actually makes minecraft was given the latitude to continue putting it on any console they wanted, as part of the purchase to the rights, including ones it hadn't been on before. I wouldn't give microsoft the credit for "letting that happen" more than the one time.

Let Nintendo do all the work, then add xbox sales and microsoft profits? Yeah, I'm sure he'd love for that to happen.

Last edited by osaka35,
S

Saiyan Lusitano

OP
Never gonna happen , if it does you can eat my eyes.

Well, I never tasted human meat and the eyes wouldn't be something I'd want, but if you'd offer your body's meat, who knows. Perhaps I'd be up to try this "exotic" and forbidden meat.

so that fart once again spoke out of his ass and people think something will come out of it ?
You seem angry for some reason.

Reactions: Exavold

Margen67

Dirty entited pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't even get the big deal of making games go more than 60FPS, I've seen games running at 120FPS and it's not mind blowing or anything like that. It's probably better, sure, but my eyes could tell next to no difference.
You probably weren't looking at an actual 120hz display, then. Yes, your display needs to natively be 120hz so you can see actual 120fps, not that smoothed out crap most TVs display.
And no, consoles cannot output native 120fps. Only PC can. (Most) TVs just smooth the motion to give the illusion of 60>fps.
I notice a difference between 60hz and 76hz. Smoother, and less screen tearing.
Vsync causes input lag, so uncapping your FPS does matter.

Last edited by Margen67,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Well, I never tasted human meat and the eyes wouldn't be something I'd want, but if you'd offer your body's meat, who knows. Perhaps I'd be up to try this "exotic" and forbidden meat.
If you really want it that much just ask it nicely and perhaps he will let you eat his dick now.

J/K, it was too easy a joke.

koim

Trophies
XP
Country
France
You seem angry for some reason.
Annoyed would be more accurate. People are all roses, rainbows and unicorns at the slightest fart Spencer makes.
Nothing can come out of this kind of PR bullcrap and people are already imagining Nintendo going third party for microsoft ? It's seriously ridiculous.

Last edited by koim,

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Annoyed would be more accurate. People are all roses, rainbows and unicorns at the slightest fart Spencer makes.
Nothing can come out of this kind of PR bullcrap and people are already imagining Nintendo going third party for microsoft ? It's seriously ridiculous.
I think you are the only one taking this announcement seriously.
Don't take it so much to heart, or you might end up with a stroke.

sarkwalvein

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I highly doubt Nintendo would do that. They are still very shaken from the last time they let someone else use their characters on another system.
And all of that happened because of their treason to Sony.
It would be great if today we were enjoying great first party games on the Nintendo Play Station 4, but they did have to be jerks back in the day.

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Last edited by ihaveahax,
Reactions: The Catboy

sion_zaphod

Ex-Galactic President; confidence trickster; etc
Trophies
XP
Country
Nintendo should never partner or allow their content on either SONY or Microsoft platforms, doing so would mark their departure from games console manufacture (does anyone remember what SEGA used to do and are they as popular now as they were in the days of the GENESIS/MEGADRIVE). Nintendo make awesome games why should they allow their games to be played on non-nintendo hardware? Dont expect to see Gears of War, Fable or Halo on non Microsoft platforms. Just as I dont see the next Little Big Planet or God of War on non SONY platforms. Calling Nintendo stubborn is an insult none of these console giants want to see their intellectual property used on other platforms that are not their own. Nintendo should partner with GOOGLE and start making Consoles with Android OS. Nintendo already has the upper hand in terms of handheld gaming. Bringing the nintendo experience to all those android fans would be an awsome move and potentially kill 3 birds with one stone (SONY, MICROSOFT, APPLE).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @salazarcosplay yeah cod's still up