Deleted member 473940

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, there isn't much to say​

Xbox One Pre-order price is £599 on amazon.co.uk
Staff edit- this is very much a placeholder price.

Amazon UK said:
Order now and you'll pay the lowest price between now and the release date"

Amazon UK said:
Please note that Microsoft has yet to announce cost prices for Xbox One products. The price stated above is therefore liable to change prior to the release date. With our Pre-order Price Guarantee, you can order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price.

That's about $900 (US DOLLARS!)

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That a placeholder price, as no one know what the price of the Xbox One is really going to be for quite a few days.

Mementos

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Read the "important informaion" on the amazon product site ;)

"Important Information:

Please note that Microsoft has yet to announce cost prices for Xbox One products. The price stated above is therefore liable to change prior to the release date. With our Pre-order Price Guarantee, you can order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price. For more on Xbox One, click here.
See more product promotions"

Its just a placeholer price, the ps4 also costs 599 at the moment =)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Interesting, usual disclaimer that the UK has 20% VAT (kind of like sales tax) applied at the time of pricing and tends to be marginally more expensive anyway.

Moreover the site itself lists it as a placeholder
Amazon UK said:
Order now and you'll pay the lowest price between now and the release date"

Amazon UK said:
Please note that Microsoft has yet to announce cost prices for Xbox One products. The price stated above is therefore liable to change prior to the release date. With our Pre-order Price Guarantee, you can order now and if the Amazon.co.uk price decreases between the time you place your order and the release date, you'll be charged the lowest price.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In Australia at least, I always heard that converting pounds to Australian Dollars is approximately "double and a half". My grandfather grew up in England and he knows his stuff.

Which means $1,500 AU dollars.

Probably Amazon thinking wishfully as they usually do but if it's even close to that, I'll doubt the Xbox One will make it far out of the gate given Microsoft's already anti-consumer approach.

EJames2100

Trophies
XP
Country
In Australia at least, I always heard that converting pounds to Australian Dollars is approximately "double and a half". My grandfather grew up in England and he knows his stuff.

Which means $1,500 AU dollars.

A few years ago you could get $2 US for £1, now it's £1 for $1.5 and that's within a few years, a quick google conversion show it as $950 AUSD for it.

Also this:

Someone please tell me OP is joking here. I don't want to believe someone genuinely thought this was the actual price.

jakeyjake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah if this is anything like the Car business (I sell cars) the seller (microsoft) doesn't want you to know what the price is until you know all the features, and why you want said features and how they benefit you.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yeah if this is anything like the Car business (I sell cars) the seller (microsoft) doesn't want you to know what the price is until you know all the features, and why you want said features and how they benefit you.

I always found that odd when buying vehicles in the US. Sadly I can not think of an equivalent to turning around and walking off the forecourt here.

I am curious to hear about their contract ownership option for this though, it is probably about the only thing that realyl intrigues me.

Pleng

Custom Title
Trophies
XP
Country
Thailand

Ummmm.... currency conversion doesn't work like that!

Just because it was always "double and a half" or thereabouts when your grandad was growing up in England, doesn't mean it's going to be that way forever.

I'd imagine it's a lot different now. The pound took a massive hit at the beginning of the global economic tomfoolery.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end