"Local Hardware Wizard"
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

[youtube]ehS-AfM4b8I[/youtube]

QUOTE said:
Windows Phone 7 is set to combine with Kinect for some novel control elements for Xbox gaming. Microsoft has been pushing greater and greater device integration ever since the success of the Xbox platform. Windows Phone 7 has already been bestowed with Xbox Live integration, but now it seems as if Microsoft is trying to leverage its two newest technologies to bring together some intriguing gaming possibilities.

Microsoft executive Joe Belfiore, who heads Windows Phone Program Management, unveiled a technical demonstration of WP7 Kinect integration at MWC. The video (included after the break) showed off a WP7 device being used to control some elements of the gaming action. While the video is showing real code and something Microsoft is genuinely working on in the lab, don't get your hopes up for an imminent release; according to Cnet, it's not something that's going to be delivered within 2011.

An exciting prospect indeed, and while what we saw in the video isn't coming to a WP7 device near you any time soon, that doesn't mean we won't see more device and service hook-ups coming out of Redmond in the near future.

Source

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Are they for real?
First they make a huge fuss about "not having to use controls" and "you are the controller" and now they're doing crap like this?

Edit: Actually, this does look good, but nothing that you couldn't just do with the 360 pad.

Slyakin

See ya suckers
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's kind of funny how they're torturing him.

But still, "You are the controller. Now, have a buddy with a controller! No big deal."
unsure.gif

D

Deleted_171835

It looks quite interesting.
It's nothing really new, though. It's just co-op using a Windows Phone and a Xbox Kinect. I got to admit, though. I'm interested. It works well in the Kinect 'ball game' but I can't think of many other games this would work well in.

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
i love how they advertise their stuff, it puts a WOOOOOW effect on you and then after spending some moments thinking about it your like -WTF IS THIS CRAP

Maedhros

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The Kinect is something more amazing outside the games... the applications this thing is getting are amazing.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night