Microsoft to Close Xbox PC Marketplace...

Cartmanuk

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
dtriij3.jpg
Games for Windows Live will no longer be available in the online marketplace.​
Gamers will still be able to play already-purchased PC games that use the Windows Live client.​

Sicklyboy

#JOYCONBOYZFOREVER
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... I see that I'm the only one who had absolutely no problems with GFWL and actually don't mind it?

I mean, aside from the fact that it was trying to bring XBL to a half-baked desktop environment, what with your same friends list and achievements carrying over, but you couldn't even do basic things like join a party (and voicechat, if I am not mistaken) unless you were on the 360...

But other than limited usefulness, no, I too had no problem with it. Except in its infancy, and with pirated games only (whodathunk) it never caused me any problems.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So... I see that I'm the only one who had absolutely no problems with GFWL and actually don't mind it?

Nope I never had any problems at all.
Never did understand the hate.

I quite liked getting achievements for my XBL account on some of my PC games.

Reactions: Skelletonike

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I mean, aside from the fact that it was trying to bring XBL to a half-baked desktop environment, what with your same friends list and achievements carrying over, but you couldn't even do basic things like join a party (and voicechat, if I am not mistaken) unless you were on the 360...

But other than limited usefulness, no, I too had no problem with it. Except in its infancy, and with pirated games only (whodathunk) it never caused me any problems.

Yeah those kind of things don't really annoy me as I never used them even when I had an xbox.
Nope I never had any problems at all.
Never did understand the hate.

I quite liked getting achievements for my XBL account on some of my PC games.
For me, the program ran flawlessly. It never gave me one bit of trouble. I mean, I've even commented on other sites about it and everybody says I'm making shit up or I'm just being stupid because I like it.

I never used the store or anything as the only games that it came with were the Batman games through steam, but even then, it was just fine.

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I had close to a whole year where I flat-out couldn't sign in. Especially frustrating when I wanted to play Halo 2. After that I made sure I never bought a game that incorporated GFWL.

pokefloote

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't hate it, it's just useless to me as a guy who doesn't have an xbox. I don't know anyone else to add to my GFWL account, no need for achievements on GFWL, and having an extra account to sign into is just a minor inconvenience. (Though to be fair most of the time it remembers my information and I just have to click "sign in". It should have been an optional thing, for players that like using the same account info as with their 360. To me it's just something annoying that gets thrown in my face every time I want to play Grand Theft Auto IV. (I open through steam, sign into Rockstar's member thing for online, and GFWL.) I can't say I've had any actual usability problems with GFWL though.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I had close to a whole year where I flat-out couldn't sign in. Especially frustrating when I wanted to play Halo 2. After that I made sure I never bought a game that incorporated GFWL.

What'd you screw up to cause that to happen?
Sure sounds like it was your problem.

Reactions: Skelletonike

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only experience was with Fallout 3. Not too bad. Just sort of annoying to have to have a whole other program I never use for one game.

But I'm not too surprised. It was absent in Windows 8 (replaced by that weird Xbox Arcade shit)

FireEmblemGuy

Celebrating a decade of shitposting
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What'd you screw up to cause that to happen?
Sure sounds like it was your problem.

Nothing I did. It just stopped working on either of my laptops on any of my games, regardless of where I was or what sort of connection I was using, despite the fact that I could log into any other Microsoft service with the account just fine, including XBL. If you search around you'll find it's not an uncommon issue.

Clarky

Don't you know who I think I am?
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only problems I had with the service was being signed out at random times, having to be signed in to save your games (although I hear you can get around this by making an offline account?) and the servers being slow when I have had to go through them to download dlc when I bought it on steam...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DTApple
    please let me look cool as well
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hke2YUirpf4 +1