chavosaur

Chavo
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xbox_One_Banner_amazonprint.jpg
The Windows briefing was a thing today, and it yielded some interesting info about the upcoming integration between Windows and the Xbox platform.​
More specifically, some interesting information about gaming!​
At the Windows 10 briefing today, Microsoft announced that you’ll be able to stream Xbox One titles to a Windows 10 PC or tablet in your house. The company is working on making that a two-way street.
Speaking to a group following the event, Spencer says that Microsoft is exploring the possibility of bringing PC streaming to the Xbox One. This, in effect, could open the door to the type of streaming capabilities promised by the Steam Machines​
:arrow: SOURCE
Spencer went on to show footage of Forza Horizon running on a Surface Pro tablet, integrated in the Xbox One windows 10 app, synced with an Xbox One controller.​
JQO7M-Y94c2n.878x0.Z-Z96KYq.jpg
Sony has debuted many forms of streaming capability among its own platforms, including their own Playstation Now service for game streaming, and Vita streaming of Playstation 4 titles.​
Now Microsoft has taken it a step further, with the possibilities of Windows 10 streaming becoming a two way street, and opening up the option to play your own PC library on your Xbox One console!​

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Initially it was all a bit meh, as news stated just streaming XBO to PC/Tablets, but then the One's DVR making the cross to PC (specifically Steam) pricked my ears up, and then streaming from PC to XBO?? OHHH yes I'll have some of that! :D I reckon some serious talks with Valve (or rather, some serious money crossing hands) will have to happen before this is set in stone though - could be a factor why the Steambox thing went quiet mind!

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
meh ...since they are kinda making Xbox One runs windows 10 in the future, they could have gone full in making PCs able to run every Xbone games...

that would be awesome ...(maybe making Xbones stop selling, but still awesome :P )

Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nvidia Shield says hello?

Yes because nvidia shield obviously invented game streaming.

On a more serious note, I think the windows eco-system will be blasting when windows 10 will release, my last wishes would be to be able to install xap without restrictions on windows phone and xbox but for the rest everything is fine.

Reactions: NEP and chavosaur

Mario92

Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Finland
PC gamers will finally be able to play Forza, Halo and Gears as they've been wanting for ages. :)

Expect they most likely want them on PC so they don't have to buy console, can rank up the graphics, mod and most of all: use keyboard and mouse on fucking shooter games.
Now you still need the freaking Xbone (most likely won't get one when I already have multiple playstations, nintendos and powerful PC), it also seems you still need to play with controller and to top it all it's streamed so there's always slight increase in input lag and visual quality decrease no matter how good it is.
Then if I wanted to stream my PC games elsewhere there are already tons of options.

I like the idea being able to play and communicate with console gamers, but at the same time they are basically reviving GFWL and try to sell more Xbones this way instead of giving native ports.

Gamefreakjf11

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Consoles and PC gaming coming together as one, the ideal dream for every gamer to have all games in one platform only.

PC gamers will finally be able to play Forza, Halo and Gears as they've been wanting for ages. :)

The point of playing a game on PC isn't because we like sitting at a desk in a chair and using a keyboard (although it's better for many games). It's for customization, graphic capability, and gameplay flexibility. You lose all of that when streaming from a console. I don't just want to wirelessly stream the video out from an xbox to a window on my PC. Also, you still have to own an xbox one to stream. Why would I buy one now just because I can use my PC monitor as a screen (which I already could) with bonus input lag.
On the flip side though, there are some good uses for this. Video capture for console players just became a ton easier (provided they have the computer to handle it). Streaming games to different rooms through this could be a potential use.

Reactions: Mario92

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
The point of playing a game on PC isn't because we like sitting at a desk in a chair and using a keyboard (although it's better for many games). It's for customization, graphic capability, and gameplay flexibility. You lose all of that when streaming from a console. I don't just want to wirelessly stream the video out from an xbox to a window on my PC. Also, you still have to own an xbox one to stream. Why would I buy one now just because I can use my PC monitor as a screen (which I already could) with bonus input lag.
On the flip side though, there are some good uses for this. Video capture for console players just became a ton easier (provided they have the computer to handle it). Streaming games to different rooms through this could be a potential use.

It's only as useful as you want it to be.

CathyRina

Digimon Tamer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Since Windows 10 seems to be a worthless update (it really is more of a Windows 8.2 really) this is obviously a attempt to sell Windows 10 to gamers.
It could end up being a great feature though. Many Phantasy Star fans complain that they can't play PSO2 on a Console. Now they could. However I bet the game will need to be detected by some program that isn't working like it should and won't detect stuff like emulators. And streaming PC to Console will probably not work well for fast paced games, just like the steam home streaming, because it requires extra PC Power to stream a game, just like recording it via Fraps.
If my opinion on Windows 10 wouldn't have been so salty this would be definitely a reason for me to get the Xbone.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Windows 10 (and all its apps and services) is supposed to be scalable across all supporting platforms, meaning the same OS with the same services will run on everything from mobile phones to desktops, so i think the point of the streaming feature from the Xbone to Windows 10 is to stream games to your tablet so you can play on the toilet.

Or, you know, other places. But mainly the toilet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.