Microsoft teases next-generation Xbox "Scarlett" in E3 promotions

82jad892.jpg

Eagle eyed Twitter followers have noticed Microsoft dropping hints towards their next-generation Xbox, codenamed "Scarlett", in their daily Microsoft E3 countdown videos. In the background of the videos were clues that made up the RGB colour value of scarlet (RGB 255,36,0). Recent leaks have suggested that Microsoft's next-generation consoles internally named 'anaconda' (a high-end machine) and 'lockhart' (a lower powered machine) both share the working project codename "scarlett".
Failed to fetch tweet 1137490834838970369
Does this mean we will finally get to see the first glimpse of Microsoft's next-generation machine or perhaps even teasers for next-gen titles? You can find out by watching Microsoft's E3 2019 press conference which starts just over 12 hours from the time of this post. Specifically at 9PM BST, 10PM CEST, 4PM EDT and 1PM PDT.

:arrow: Source

skullskullskull

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure some people are buying whatever console FIFA looks best on so "power" matters a little bit. I think switch owners are finding out that because the hardware cant keep up with ps4 and xbox1 they wont be getting the multiplat games too...

atoxique

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Microsoft never banned anyone for changing a HDD.
Never done that on Xbox, never on 360 and not on the one.

Hmm, I heard Microsoft at least used to ban people from upgrading their XO's hard drive. Good to know that's not true, but upgrading your XO's hard drive is still a pain in the ass since it's inaccessible without disassembling the console (voiding your warranty) AND you have to set up the manually on your computer.

Last edited by atoxique,

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Reason the original Xbox got banned with bigger HDDs is custom dashes and softmods.
Reason 360 got banned with bigger harddrives is JTAG/RGH and or people that used external tools to modify their account/save games.
Reason people on the One get banned is likely the same as the above.

MS has never banned anyone for upgrading their harddrives.
I've got a 2TB in me Xbone, 320 GB in me 360 (HDDhacked) and a 120 GB in me old Xbox.
All except the latter can connect to Live w/o any problems ;p

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
(Halo and GoW are in the rut, interest for Killer Instinct died down quickly, Forza is not as hot as it used to be, Crackdown took a nosedive, etc.)
That's just your opinion though isn't it: Halo and GoW are anything but 'in the rut', we're just not bombarded with them ona yearly basis like we are CoD, which is A Good Thing. And your Forza comment? Hah, just google Horizon 4. Or 3. Motorsport I can agree with to a certain extent, but that particular genre of racing isn't as big news anyway, just look at Gran Turismo. Finally, Crackdown took a nosedive? What, 3 took a nosedive over 2?! Crackdown will always remain a one hit wonder that they can't replicate how many times they try. Hopefully they'll stop trying after 2 dodgy attempts...

One look at last years mass studio purchases will tell you the games are coming.... they're not rivaling Sony or Nintendo yet, but they're making strides at least.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I remember when Microsoft talking about their Xbox One at E3 in 2012 or 2013 and they were marketing like complete idiots lol
This is what one of the MS guys said: "The GPU has over 5 billion transistors!" Like for real?? I couldn't stop laughing how they made such a fool of themself.

proffk

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
All the new powerful hardware is good but the lack of third party support, lack of more exclusives & terrible Japan sales alone can't be fixed unless they look at the root causes of why they did not do as expected this gen. Even the PS Vita outsells the Xbox One in Japan currently.

Reactions: Xabring

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
they are bringing all their exclusives to PC so whats the point of owning an xbox now? if all their exclsuives end up on pc you can just buy a ps5 and play those exclsuives on the pc they are far and few so meh, no reson to own an xbox anymore, and they plan on streaming every xbox game like google too so you dont even need a good pc lol.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
true reaction too. he is known for being innovative but even he couldn't believe just how fucking stupid that kinect looked.
Yes, completely agree with him. That face expression was mine too when seeing the gif. Microsoft sucks big time at marketing.
I wonder how they gonna market the next-generation console and why Scarlett? lol. They market it as the Thanos Console, the most powerfull console that will whipe the half of the population. Or "thE GpU hAs bEeN deVelopeD AnD conTaInS n0W 15 BILLION tRanSIsToRs aNd iS cApabLe oF REE-TREECING!"

Reactions: Bladexdsl

YoungGrumpyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I don't even have an Xbox One yet, lmao.
Same, I never really felt the need to buy one, and it's surely not gonna be now that I'm doing it. There's no point. Next-gen is approaching fast and is gonna be backwards compatible, so any games I would have wanted to play on the Xbox One, might as well just wait for the Xbox Two which is gonna have those games, and is gonna play them at an even better quality. Gears 5 is one I'm interested to try, but I'm not gonna buy an Xbox just for that game. Might as well play it in 2020.

Enviado do meu SM-N960F através do Tapatalk

YoungGrumpyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
But Sony aren't doing a show are they - mind you, after whatever THAT was last year I don't blame them!)
In terms of presentation I'll agree that it wasn't that good, but in terms of actual content shown, I thought it was pretty good. The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima looked incredible, Death Stranding was a mindfuck as always, Days Gone was meh. And then they had some cool reveals as well, like RE2.

CTR640

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
In terms of presentation I'll agree that it wasn't that good, but in terms of actual content shown, I thought it was pretty good. The Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima looked incredible, Death Stranding was a mindfuck as always, Days Gone was meh. And then they had some cool reveals as well, like RE2.

I would have loved it to play the Uncharted games but I suck big time at controllers so no console for me.
But Xbox is Microsoft and Microsoft has Windows and Sony has none. It was very great news the Forza games are available for Windows too. But only for Windows 10, which I refuse to upgrade due to Microsoft's fuck-ups like the folder 'Documents' removed for no reason and other bullshit. They don't test their shit so we the beta-testers...

Anyway, I'm a huge open-world games lover so GTA it is for me. Maybe RDR2 too but no console here.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
anyone that buys an xbox these days is just dumb. they are in last place for a reason even the switch is beating them and all that has is pretty much indies. and if your paying for xblive your even more stupid you can do exactly the same thing with the exact same games (running better) FREE on steam :lol:

Last edited by Bladexdsl,
Reactions: CTR640

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
anyone that buys an xbox these days is just dumb. they are in last place for a reason even the switch is beating them and all that has is pretty much indies. :lol:
Uhh, on what planet? The Xbone is still sitting at 45 million sold, the Switch is still sitting at 35 mil. Last I checked, 45 > 35. It will outsell it eventually, yeah, but not for another year or two...which won't matter anymore, because XboxTwo will be out by then.

And do you just fucking forget that, *GASP*, not everyone who plays video games has or wants a gaming PC? That's sort of the whole fucking appeal of consoles, they're for people who can't be bothered/can't afford a gaming PC. Putting their exclusives on PC is going to lower console sales, absolutely, but it's not some END ALL BE ALL XBOX BRAND DEAD NO ONE'S BUYING XBOX HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR that you seem to think it is. They still, y'know, make fucking money from game sales (which is all that really matters in the long run).

The day MS decides to put their exclusives on other consoles is the day the Xbox brand dies. Until then, MS is just lining their pockets with higher PC game sales.

YoungGrumpyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
well there are people who will only buy consoles only because the pc is too "expensive"
I am like this, and yeah, I'd buy an Xbox if it had good exclusives. That's why I'm so excited for next-gen, since Microsoft seems to be upping their exclusives game. I don't care for building a PC, and yeah, I think it's too expensive, so even if Microsoft's games are available on PC, that doesn't matter, they're technically exclusives to me, since I'd never play them on PC.

Reactions: Darksabre72

YoungGrumpyMan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
The day MS decides to put their exclusives on other consoles is the day the Xbox brand dies. Until then, MS is just lining their pockets with higher PC game sales.
I agree with the most of what you said before in your post, but about this bit... hasn't this already happened, with Cuphead being ported to Switch? [emoji14]
Does the Switch not count? Xbox brand should be dead by now [emoji14]

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: I'm sleepy good night