Microsoft Sets their Sights on the iPad

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apple’s runaway success with the iPad makes the device seemingly untouchable in the tablet PC space, but that’s not the case, according to those close to Microsoft. In fact, the company is gearing up to announce a line of new slates touted as iPad killers.

The line of devices is set to be revealed at next month’s CES in Las Vegas, and features devices built by Samsung, Dell, and other manufacturers. The devices are set to be officially revealed by Steve Ballmer during his presentation at CES 2011. While not much is known about these tablets, anonymous sources close to the project state that the Samsung device will be “similar in size and shape to the Apple iPad, although it is not as thin. It also includes a unique and slick keyboard that slides out from below for easy typing.”

Additionally, it is set to run on a version of Windows 7 in landscape mode, but will switch to a layered interface when the device is in portrait mode with the keyboard put away.

While no gaming applications where revealed, there are still quite a few awesome possibilities here. Considering how fun it is to play games on an iPad, Microsoft has their work cut out for them if they are going to depose the tablet PC king.

Sauce

now wait for it....
tongue.gif

nintendoom

Nintendoom
Trophies
XP
Bladexdsl said:
Apple’s runaway success with the iPad makes the device seemingly untouchable in the tablet PC space, but that’s not the case, according to those close to Microsoft. In fact, the company is gearing up to announce a line of new slates touted as iPad killers.

blablablablabla.

Sauce

now wait for it....
tongue.gif

SAUCE?!?
actually i like ketchup

Whether microsoft shows new tablet PC's
IM STILL GONNA STICK WITH NINTENDO's 3DS!!

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Finally Apple are gonna be hit in the ass for overpricing their things, GO MICROSOFT!
Since there is all those companies, they are sure to compete for lower prices
biggrin.gif

mangaTom

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
pokeman said:
Bladexdsl said:

blablablablabla.

Sauce

now wait for it....
tongue.gif

SAUCE?!?
actually i like ketchup

Actually it's quite common here to use sauce instead of source.On-topic i'm not really interested in phones especially in mobile gaming.

TheDarkSeed

I'm a pretentious sack of shit
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mangaTom said:
pokeman said:
Bladexdsl said:

blablablablabla.

Sauce

now wait for it....
tongue.gif

SAUCE?!?
actually i like ketchup

Actually it's quite common here to use sauce instead of source.On-topic i'm not really interested in phones especially in mobile gaming.
They are not phones, nor was anything said about mobile gaming. Reading from the sauce, micro$oft plans to release "iPad killing tablet PCs" although it won't take much to outmatch the iPad(hardware wise) they better have great programmers to back these devices up, or this might go downhill.

But it doesn't matter much to me because I have my eyes set on a tablet PC already and it's none of these...

mameks

in memoriam of gravitas
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Kkolko said:
shlong said:
bits-msfttablet-blog480.jpg

Even for a proto-type, that thing's fucking ugly.
You did read this was a prototype from 2000, didn't you?

QUOTE(Bladexdsl @ Dec 16 2010, 04:56 PM)
yeah and i bet the design hasn't changed 1 bit
laugh.gif
This.
I'm sure it will have changed...but I doubt by much. :3

Satangel

BEAST
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wintrale said:
I swear Microsoft are revealing Windows 8 Tablet PCs next year...
unsure.gif

True, I also read this somewhere. Also read those Tablet PC's won't be aimed at people 'who just want to game', so you can bet your ass there will be some kind of Office involved.

ThePowerOutage

The Lord of the Flyes
Trophies
XP
Country
TheDarkSeed said:
mangaTom said:
pokeman said:
Bladexdsl said:

blablablablabla.

Sauce

now wait for it....
tongue.gif

SAUCE?!?
actually i like ketchup

They are not phones, nor was anything said about mobile gaming. Reading from the sauce, micro$oft plans to release "iPad killing tablet PCs" although it won't take much to outmatch the iPad(hardware wise) they better have great programmers to back these devices up, or this might go downhill.

But it doesn't matter much to me because I have my eyes set on a tablet PC already and it's none of these...
Notion Ink Adam Tablet?

DeadLocked

Bi-Winning.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mercluke said:
Worst blog I've ever read. Couldn't even understand half of it.
I saw one 'reason' why it wouldn't work but then the post just seems to drift.
"Windows 7 is primarily designed for use with a mouse and keyboard"
Granted, but who's to say they haven't/can't build a new windows OS for tablets?..

EDIT: I would certainly buy a windows based tablet. Games and...shit are just a bonus, the ability to carry around a computer in your pocket and create, edit, share office documents and other files would be...'the shit' for lack of a better phrase.

Y05h1

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
Mmm, actually they just need Oprah. (Check Kinect sales numbers).
Unfortunately Oprah already loves the iPad.
Microsoft is screwed.

I'm just going to get the next revision of the iPad. Apple knows how to do these things right...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I call the one with big tiddies