Microsoft reveals white Xbox One Elite Controller and Xbox One X console

Discussion in 'GBAtemp & Scene News' started by Chary, Aug 29, 2018.

Front-page
    White-X1X_White-Elite_940_528_2-hero-600x337.

A new Xbox One X bundle has been unveiled by Microsoft today, showing off a white version of the system. This specific coloration is called Robot White, and will come bundled with a copy of Fallout 76. You can pre-order it starting today, and it will launch on November 14 for $499.99. Also announced was a new Xbox One Elite controller, in a matching white color and retailing for the standard price of $149.99, offering the same features as the original Elite Controller. Both of these will be sold exclusively at the Microsoft Store or at GameStop in the United States, but will be sold at all participating retailers in the rest of the world.

:arrow: Source: Microsoft Store

Discussion (21 replies)
  1. Song of storms

Song of storms GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jul 18, 2018
    Antarctica
    Why did they blur the d-pad of the controller?

DarthDub, Seriel, Dr.Hacknik and 4 others like this.
  2. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Nice bundle giving you a normal controller plus an elite plus fallout 76 plus a headset. I game mostly on my pc but interesting for people who want the best experience on a console

Last edited by kumikochan, Aug 29, 2018
  3. kumikochan
    This message by kumikochan has been removed from public view by Chary, Aug 30, 2018, Reason: Duplicate post.
    Aug 29, 2018
  4. CaptainSodaPop

CaptainSodaPop GBAtemp Regular

Aug 10, 2012
    Croatia
    Thank God, it was about time. Had urge to buy S all the time just because it was white.

5. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    They rerelease the Xbox Elite Controller and its just the old one but white... K

6. Bimmel

Bimmel ~ Game Soundtrack Collector ~

Jan 28, 2014
    Gambia, The
    Easy. The d-pad felt ashamed because someone touched it.. in the wrong direction.

air2004 and Chary like this.
  7. Cosmic_Link

Cosmic_Link Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2010
    A bit disappointing that they haven't upgraded the XB1 Elite controller. Would have been nice to have atleast had a Bluetooth upgrade on this one.

8. Multimegamander

Multimegamander GBAtemp Regular

Jan 1, 2018
    United States
    Good thing XBone got piracy, kek

9. Chary
    OP

Chary Never sleeps.

pip Senior Editor
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    There's lots of "reputable" rumors floating around that there's a new Elite V2 controller in the works. While I wouldn't say it's certain, the claims come from decent sources, one of them being Eurogamer.

Memoir likes this.
  10. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    It depends what you like. I don't like the Bluetooth as much as I like the older system using radio I thought it was. The thing with Bluetooth is that it loses its connection a lot faster through walls and from a distance while with the older controllers you didn't experience that. I remember when I still had an xbox one and I needed to go downstairs a lot of times while being on party chat with my wired headset connected and that I constantly would lose connection with my Bluetooth controller while not having that problem with my non Bluetooth controller

Last edited by kumikochan, Aug 29, 2018
    Cosmic_Link likes this.
  11. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    Well, looking at this, we're still a ways out. Until some point in the 2nd half of next year I'd guess. It's annoying. I miss the elite controller and may pick this one up... Assuming they have better quality control this time around. $150 for a controller and it uses cheaper plastic than their $60 ones? Gross.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Well, you won't be using the Bluetooth function with the Xbox. So, there's that..

I also like the way the new controllers look. More sleek with the new front plate.

12. DinohScene

DinohScene Feed Dino to the Sharks

GBAtemp Patron
    DinohScene is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 11, 2011
    Antarctica
    Восторг
    Yuck.
    White controllers are magnets for human grime.
    Enjoy your slowly brown fading filth.

Also, I'm pretty sure MS didn't fix their problem with the elite controllers their silicone grips.
    The adhesive won't keep those grips on there forever ;/

Glyptofane likes this.
  13. Cosmic_Link

Cosmic_Link Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jun 9, 2010
    For me it is more the convenience of not requiring a dongle to connect it to my PC. Lol Love my elite controller, but hate having to use the dongle to connect it wirelessly. Was hoping that they would add Bluetooth to the next release, but unfortunately it doesn't look like they have. :(

14. kumikochan

Feb 4, 2015
    Belgium
    Tongeren
    Yeah I get that, I have both the xbox one dongle plus the xbox 360 one. Use the xbox 360 receiver the most tho since I like that controller more but Bluetooth isn't better then radio. Def not since the range is shorter and looses the connection faster

15. shaunj66

shaunj66 Administrator

Administrator
    Oct 24, 2002
    United Kingdom
    South England
    Does the Xbox One have more controllers than exclusives at this point?

16. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    The original Elite controller was of very low quality. They broken often by pretty normal amount of usage (is that something anyone happend with the normal controller versions of consoles in the last two gens?). Did they fixed that by now?

17. xskibbles

xskibbles Member

Newcomer
    Feb 22, 2016
    United States
    So instead of updating the elite controller as the rumors have said ,they instead release a color variant and keep the same elite build . Guess no version 2 this year then for us :(

18. Cha0tic

Cha0tic GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 14, 2013
    United States
    Welp time to finally get rid of my one s and upgrade.

19. TheZander

TheZander King of the Level 7's

Feb 1, 2008
    United States
    Level 7
    That's too much stuff for me, I didn't like it when we went to four buttons, then triggers, then capacities touch joysticks. Now metal things on the back? Wtf am I suppose do with that

20. Memoir

Memoir Hi, I'm Cynical!

Jun 24, 2007
    United States
    In the Murderbox!
    I mean, if you keep up with hygiene and maintain a clean area this isn't as true as it used to be. :x

21. KiiWii

KiiWii Contributor

pip Contributor
    Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    :rofl2::rofl2::rofl2: Amazing response

Subtle Demise likes this.
  22. VitaType

VitaType GBAtemp Maniac

Jul 16, 2016
    Germany
    They are additional buttons directly where your fingers rest. Just like shoulder buttons where added to the four buttons they added yet another "button layer" you can use without needing to move your fingers to much. It's nice and makes sense, but I hardly can you say any games where you need even more buttons. As quick access buttons for more spells in Skyrim or quick access for Zelda items it could be nice if these console games would support that... I would even argue that this 4 new buttons make more sense then the adding of a second row of shoulder buttons.

Last edited by VitaType, Aug 29, 2018