1. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

New Zealand
    Sff desktop for pc gaming you can take with you.
    Tablet/2in1 for lap, Cafe etc.

Very little reason to get a laptop these days when they're garbage for pc gaming and a tablet is much less cumbersome.

2. gameboy

gameboy GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Unless youre buying a Nintendo Switch you're not gonna he paying $200-300 for a XBOX SEX or PS5. your gonna be paying for a regular PS4 or a XBOX S. These things are gonna come EXPENSIVE like $600-$1000 and prices for the Ps4Pro and XboxOX arent going to go down. Amd hasnt even shown a gpu close to 12teraflops yet. Thats a 2080ti which markets at $1100 alone.

3. Pipistrele

Pipistrele GBAtemp Fan

Russia
    Built-in keyboard and precise cursor, proper multi-window multitasking, tons of specific productivity software, as well as all sorts of unsurpassed drawing/composing/programming/modeling/editing/designing applications. Again, smartphones and tablets are good for multimedia or social networking on the go, but they suck major ass for pretty much any professional or creative purpose. Naturally you don't see a lot of laptops at cafes - that doesn't mean nobody uses laptops, it just means not many people feel like they should bring their work or creative endeavors there (cafe being a place for leisure and all), so more "casual" tech like tablets is more common in such places.

$400-$500 max, I predict. Which is still way less than I would buy for a gaming PC with a monitor and accessories, so I'm sticking to my guns here.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  4. KingVamp

KingVamp Haaah-hahahaha!

United States
    Honestly, it is fun to make fun of the design, but the design is fine to me. It is the size I'm worried about.

Based on their last design, literally the same just without a disc slot.

5. DANTENDO

DANTENDO I Won year sub Edge mag 1996 hot topic digitiser

United Kingdom
    Honently this is crazy as said before it's 2 and half gamecubes if tht is a problem you need to move to a bigger house

6. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    As far as I'm concerned, a lot of it is marketing speak at this point. Sure, they can say that their GPU is 12 teraflops, but really, let's see how it actually ends up playing out. With there supposedly being multiple versions of the Xbox SEX (I don't think the Youtube algorithm is going to consider giving advertiser money to videos that call it that), we're gonna have to wait and see what happens.

Not to mention, where Nvidia's concerned, while AMD has certainly, from what I've heard, backed Intel into a corner on the CPU side of things, there's still whatever Intel is planning on doing with their upcoming dedicated video cards, and it seems like, for all of its trying to do so, AMD just has never quite been able to absolutely cream Nvidia yet. Sure, there's some scandals like with the GTX 970 from 5 years ago, but AMD couldn't ever outdo them completely. They really would have to pull a Ryzen-esque upset on Nvidia, and considering that Nvidia seems to go up by 1,000 in series number every two years, it's likely that the PS5 and the Xbox SEX might not necessarily be ahead of the top gaming PCs of 2020.

Still, with a name like Xbox SEX, is there a more appropriate theme for it than this?

gameboy likes this.
  7. LightyKD

LightyKD Future CEO of OUYA Inc.

United States
    Wouldn't that technically be a Wii. I think we're gonna need at least 6 GameCubes to match the Series X, lol

8. chrisrlink

chrisrlink Intel Pentium III Hamster inside

United States
    unless it doubles as a linux pc or even windows it's too big

9. LiveLatios

LiveLatios Profesionnal Scalie

Canada
    a wii is metaphorically 2 gamecubes glued together, this is physically 2 gamecubes stacked together

10. TCJJ

TCJJ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

New Zealand
    Aside from this little thing called "subjectivity", I happen to like mini-ITX enclosures, and sometimes a plain, black box with minor embellishments is all I need.

But contrary to that, I have builds in larger PC cases (NZXT H500 and the giant Corsair Obsidian 1000), and more I'm going to buy and build in, such as the Phanteks Evolv Shift.

Besides, it's not "super tall". That's nonsense. And I don't know what kind of house you're living in that you can't fit a console vertically (not that you have to stand this one vertically, as Microsoft have already said).

So... does it really matter that I think the new Xbox looks kinda neat...?

11. guily6669

guily6669 GbaTemp is my Drug

United States
    The thing there's a difference between a computer desk which sometimes can take even behemoth size cases and a modern TV table which usually have no place for tall things like it, even if sideways it looks like 4x PS4 Pro to me or at least 3 and doesn't fit below my TV no mater what way I'd put it...
    I already have all accessories and monitor and I will keep using my 2011 1080P Samsung Led LCD and don't give a damn upgrading it so soon... My PC case is fully modded and it's like from 2005 or 2006 that I bought it and I'm still using the same case and looks super damn good and it's material is super hard that I couldnt drill a hole for extra fans had to go to a friend's house with an industrial big driller and even that was kinda loosing power and he was like WTF is this made of lol, the case uses heavy thick steel, more than 20KG empty...

Anyway I'm going to wait for Next Gen release 1st before making a new PC so I won't be using current hardware, but next gen hardware or even wait for DDR5 since I'm still playing fine games for now on my 2011 PC that only took 1 single upgrade in the GPU and not for a high end one... And I have played so many free games in it that I could buy the PC more than 10 times lol... I will also be using the same PSU which is a Corsair AX750 80+ gold so I would only buy motherboard, CPU, GPU and ram and also eventually buy a bigger SSD since they are getting cheaper and start playing only on the SSD, but I can wait...

Didnt even had to buy Metro Exodus for the PS4 or Borderlands 3 and so many others :rolleyes:...

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  12. YOUCANTSTOPME

YOUCANTSTOPME GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    "Xbox: Series X" is as clever as Sony calling the next PlayStation the "PlayStation: Series P".

13. Hern4ndeZzz

Hern4ndeZzz Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    It's actually less tall than a vertical PS4. And by quite a bit.
    According to IGN, it has the same total volume as an Xbox One S.

As always, people went crazy over nothing. The box is tiny.

14. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    Quite a bit :lol:think you need to buy a ruler

15. Hern4ndeZzz

Hern4ndeZzz Member
    Newcomer

Portugal
    [​IMG]

And I think you need to be less of a troll, but we don't always get what we want, right?

16. DANTENDO

United Kingdom
    Quite a bit ain't an inch or so:lol:

17. CrAzYLiFe

CrAzYLiFe Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Look at the disk drive... its about two disk drive slots in height, its not that bad

18. 3DPiper

3DPiper GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I think it doesn't matter what it will be called, what it will look like, or how much performance it will have and games that will be available,
    everyone will dump on it anyway.

19. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer
    Reporter

United Kingdom
    In as much as everybody dumps on everything (a healthy cynicism is a good thing) but they were fairly well liked with their 360 and original xbox, even the xbone has managed to recover somewhat from the utterly awful launch.

20. Snugglevixen

Snugglevixen Princess of Cuddles

New Zealand
    more like 3.5 5.25" drives in height.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2019

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Microsoft, reveals, console