Microsoft Releasing 250GB Modern Warfare 2 Xbox 360 in November

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Rock Raiyu, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Rock Raiyu
    OP

Rock Raiyu Clock Up

Jul 14, 2007
    United States
    Walking the path of heaven
    [​IMG]

News Source: Kotaku

If I didn't already have an Xbox 360, I'd probably go for this.

2. Vidboy10

Vidboy10 Tsardom

Dec 15, 2008
    Canada
    Vancouver, B.C
    Do fucking want.
    Since my Xbox is taking forever to come back from MS because of a RRoD.
    Ill pick this up and Ill use the HD from my old xbox and sell the other one on Craigslist.

EDIT: Haha, i notice this funny comment on the article.
    "TF-141? Team Fortress 141? What happened to versions 3 through 140? Man, I'm behind the times."
    XD

3. Chanser

Chanser :o

Jun 27, 2006
    Monaco
    Good timing my 360 RROD.

4. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
  5. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Looks awesome, but I'd rather play an FPS on a PC. That's where it belongs!

6. FAST6191

FAST6191 Techromancer

pip Reporter
    Nov 21, 2005
    @Satangel perhaps http://www.xboxhacker.net/index.php?topic=12347.0 is of interest. For the most part I agree though. One day I will create a hybrid mouse-keyboard-controller but until then.....

@Shiro786 the only hard drive playback at present is that of the NXE dash playback which means you still need the disc in the drive and I have not been sufficiently bored to try and push it to the limit ("broken" discs- fake game?).
    There have been rumblings of something like the flatmii but for the 360 although absolutely nothing has been set in stone or even from a reliable source.
    Personally I could quite happily live with a 20 gig drive- ondrive media support in nonexistent/laughable, savegames are small enough so as not to bother you, demos are kind of redundant when you are a 'temper, xbox live arcade stuff is not usually that large and download content is not bad either.
    You absolutely need a drive though-trying to play without one is cause to bash your head into a wall.

Money a factor and the choice falls between this ($400) and a $250 USD "pro" model I would lose no sleep over choosing the pro model or even an arcade ($200 USD) and finding a hard drive from somewhere.

As for books even university grade books are available if you know how to look. Also with few minor exceptions once you get a few basic but solid books there is little call for any more in all areas I have ever come into contact with.

7. Satangel

Satangel BEAST

Nov 27, 2006
    Belgium
    Bruges, Belgium
    Thanks, that looks awesome!
    Never knew that existed.

8. shakirmoledina

shakirmoledina Legend

Oct 23, 2004
    Tanzania
    Dar es Salaam
    nice bundle and not a bad price either u know

9. FireEmblemGuy

FireEmblemGuy Celebrating a decade of shitposting

Jul 6, 2007
    United States
    Michigan, USA
    I just saw this browsing Amazon last night, but didn't notice the improved HDD size. Looks like I have to invest in a new 360 anyways, I just got mine back from repairs last Tuesday and it's already RRODing.

10. Arwen20

Arwen20 GBAtemp Fan

Aug 17, 2009
    United States
    This is definitely an impressive bundle. If I did not have one, I would probably purchase this one. I would love the hard drive space. My 20gb hard drive is very full.