Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gallery_177066_262_496.jpg

As with past years, Microsoft has begun their "Summer of Arcade" release schedule.

First up is Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD, dropping on July 18th. The list below has the rest of the release dates and pricing.

• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD: July 18th (1200 MS Points)
• Wreckateer: July 25th (800 MS Points)
• Deadlight: August 1st (1200 MS Points)
• Hybrid: August 8th (1200 MS Points)
• Dust: An Elysian Tail: August 15th (1200 MS Points)

If you purchase any three of the above titles during the Summer of Arcade, you'll be given 400 extra MS Points as well.

You can view their teaser trailer for the line up, shown at E3, right here.

:arrow: Source

Hero-Link

Hero of Derrr
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Every single TIME i read the word Hybrid.... Hybrid Heaven comes to my mind and i start praying for a HD version or a remake of the game....

Why Konami? Why can't you make it?

Vince989

Still lurking around, sometimes...
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
It's not even HD. No ''HD'' game that has been brought out is proper HD
As stated many times already, 720p is "HD" too, indeed. 1080p is often called "Full-HD" to point out the difference. And even then, not all games on 360 and PS3 run at 1080p, but some do. Heck, an iPad 2 with HDMI cable can output in 1080p too btw, with some games like Real Racing 2 !

Just clearing up the facts a bit here, feel free to verify any doubts you may have! :)

- Vince989

Reactions: 1 person

Ranma

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Man, what a lame trailer. There is more crappy flash animation than game footage, and that's never a good thing.

Only thing I'm really interested in is Tony Hawk, maybe Deadlight. Hybrid is really bad, if the beta is any indication, Wrecketeers doesn't interest me I don't like Angry Birds and junk, looks like the same thing in 3D, and Dust looks like it's for furries.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember playing Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 on the Playstation but I don't think I'd buy another Tony Hawk game. I was never into skateboarding and the only thing I really did on THPS2 was use cheats and build courses.

The rest are relatively unknown still, I haven't watch any trailers for them really. I'll wait until some reviews come out or there's a sale, otherwise my big title is Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 which is dropping today.

LoggerMan

Trophies
XP
Country
Heck, an iPad 2 with HDMI cable can output in 1080p too btw, with some games like Real Racing 2 !

Just clearing up the facts a bit here, feel free to verify any doubts you may have! :)

- Vince989

It's probably worth noting, and I think it's the case, that Real Racing 2 now runs in a higher than 1080p resolution on the iPad 3 screen. Apple have kind of messed up resolution standards with their "Retina" displays. Screen resolutions are going to be much more fluid in their standards in the near future, I think.

The prices on these sales really blow. It could be that I've been spoiled by Steam, with premium games going for less than a fiver, but I think Microsoft ask too much for games on the Arcade. I did buy Perfect Dark though :3 No one plays it online because of the instant reload glitch spoiling the balance in multiplayer.

chartube12

Captain Chaz 86
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would buy THPSHD, but without the original soundtrack, screw that.

As it is, there is literally zero games in this "offering" that interest me.

This game is aimed at newer and younger TH fans who never got to enjoy the near perfect controls of the first 2 games. They wouldn't know who the artist from the original sound track are. Plus the game is still giving us 5 tracks from the first game and 5 from the second. Finally, If the rights have been worked out, I can see the complete 3rd game's sound track plus the rest of the first 2 being released as DLCs. If you don't wanna pay for them then download them on to your pc and stream it to the xb360. Am I the only one who uses the custom music feature of his 360?

I am don't complaining about the price of Tony Hawk HD. It isn't like the other HD ports out their. As Tony Hawk himself has said: the game as been recompiled up from scratch using brand new updated textures of both the first games. He said the game could of easily been sold for 25, 35 and even 45 dollars on disc. He wanted to give something back to his loyal video game fans and he took a pay cut to get the price where he wanted it.

I also find it interest that Matt Hoffman is the game as a pro skater. Maybe this an easter egg type of deal. Meaning they'll redo his first two games with the same treatment and DLC for the 3rd's maps as well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    and good morning everyone
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BakerMan, his partner is Luke
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    Sup nerds
    +1
  • Flame @ Flame:
    oh hi, Sickly
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh hi flame
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @K3Nv2 what was your ps4 situation
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you always have a ps4 you never updated
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or were you able to get new ps4 tracking it \
    as soon as the hack was announced
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    or did you have to find a used one with the lower firm ware that was not updated
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got this ps4 at launch and never updated since 9.0
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask for a Pic of fw and telling them not to update
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You got a good chance of buying a used one and asking the seller how often they used or even ask...