Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I feel sorry for microsoft.

There's very little to be gained from owning Mojang. A majority of the revenue from minecraft has been milked, and the rest of their games are pretty shit. I'd forget Scrolls existed if I didn't have it installed and on my desktop.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
H4vqsCs.jpg

BLsquared

Game Programmer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow. Remember this, guys: even if MS doesn't make many updates to MC, MC was already a great game. If you ask me, there really is no "down side" to this; either we keep the same awesome game we've always had, or MS adds new stuff to it to make it more fun.
I get that MS can totally drive MC into a direction we won't/don't like, but we will still have the good ol' original.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Why do people write Microsoft as "M$" but still write Apple "Apple". Got over it its a smart move for MSFT ;)

Do MS have your pets on a hostage for nice words plan or something? Several times when MS threads pop up you seem to appear and stick up for them; their tech has very much contributed to my tool buying fund on many occasions but I am not sure they need any kind of defending. That said MS' lesser actions these days are somewhat removed from their embrace, extend, extinguish days where many people seem to be stuck, and their recent acquisitions have not been driven into the ground as hard as they have done and Facebook do now.

Back on topic I am not sure what to compare this against, my first thought would have been something like EA and popcap the other year but that would not really fit.

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why do people write Microsoft as "M$" but still write Apple "Apple". Got over it its a smart move for MSFT ;)

Because M$ uses their money to legitimately ruin other companies. Apple may have a lot of money from their products, but they didn't go out and use that money to buy out the best game dev from the 90's and ruin them.
M$ has a long history of buying out products, then driving them into the ground. M$ is going to try and find anyway to milk this for all it's worth, if not milk it, start finding ways to drag it through the mud.

Personally I can never forgive M$ for what they did to Rare and fear they will just repeat the same abuse on Minecraft.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Good things can come out of this acquisition, I'm quite happy about it. Microsoft has the potential and the budget to make Minecraft much bigger and better than it is - they saw the interest in the game on the 360 and made a strategic move - good for them! :)
Something tells me as a Linux User, that's all I am going to be limited to.
You always have the option to upgrade to an OS that isn't crap in terms of games support. That is, unless Microsoft will put Minecraft on Steam. That, and Minecraft is a Java game either way - it'll work on just about anything.

Reactions: filfat

stomp_442

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suppose that he'll be busy spending all his money looking at poor girls doing sick things with their bodies for his perverse pleasures.
(there's a pic on the internet of him in a shady place doing exactly that)
link please, I want to see too.

Wait, did somebody say "all platforms" as in meaning is coming to Wii U?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
Notch sold it off 'cause he got $2.5b for it like who the hell wouldn't? With this kind of money you don't even need to work any more in your entire life.

Lemmy Koopa

M3 Perfect fanboy
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
This is really upsetting. I play with a community that was strongly based around Minecraft. I KNOW Microsoft is going to ruin it. This is Rare all over again. Notch is an asshole. Goodbye multi platforms, goodbye anything good for Minecraft.

MarioFanatic64

The guy who does things
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Yep. Just waiting for the inevitable "pay-to-play-online", and be forced to register to a whole lot of useless membership programs just to run the program launcher.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb