Microsoft Game Room Won't Feature Teen/Mature titles

Discussion in 'User Submitted News' started by Guild McCommunist, Jan 31, 2010.

1. Guild McCommunist
    OP

Member Guild McCommunist (not on boat)

United States
    Source (NOT KOTAKU)

Apparently this is the Xbox counterpart to the Wii's Virtual Console. I think. Discuss.

2. silent sniper

Member silent sniper !dennaB

Canada
    hurray for being a ps3 owner [​IMG]

3. soulx

Member soulx GBAtemp Legend

Canada
    That sucks.

I don't think teen rated games are that bad. They hardly contain a lot of violence and blood. Especially in classic arcade games.

4. Forstride

Member Forstride The rudder moves when I turn the wheel

United States
    Personally, I'm not worried about fighting or other mature games. I'm happy that their doing this so I can enjoy more classics that aren't already on the XBLA. Plus, the idea is pretty cool: A virtual game room you can customize and invite your friends to.

5. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    Hell, even hurray for being a Wii owner. At least the Virtual Console has T rated games on it. I don't think it has M rated, though...

6. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Is there some other online, console based, social gaming experience that allows users to play "mature" titles?

I'm not being sarcastic, I'm just curious. Cause seriously, I think we all know how awesome HOME is, am I right?

Have you ever noticed that people who obsess over "mature" titles are often under 18? Just sayin....

7. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    There's a lot of gamers who are under 18 and a lot of great games that are mature.

But I could see maybe doing away with M rated titles, but T? C'mon, T is like the new PG.

8. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    That doesn't answer my question.

And are you aware of the type of games they're planning for this service? What do you want?

SPACE INVADERS: MATURE EDITION, MS PAC MAN: NOW WITH BEWBS, TETRIS XXX FEATURING DAVE MIRRA, Etc...

9. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Honestly, this never appealed to me to begin with. And it appeals less now. I have emulators for this. Xbox's "mii's" are stupid as fuck, and any chance I get to ignore them makes me a happier person, so ignoring, and moving along.

10. Guild McCommunist
    OP

United States
    I was thinking arcade games like Street Fighter, Contra, etc, particularly fighting games (since 99% of fighters have a T+ rating).

11. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Those games are already online. There are tons of XBLA and Disc Based games. Street Fighter, Contra, tons of fight games, etc...

And you still haven't answered my question.

12. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    Umm.. You're question is irrelevant cuz this is about Microsoft's Arcade Room. Not Xbox Live Arcade. Or PSN, or anywhere else. The fact that they are barring the way for games that made the arcades popular in the first place is a big deal. No street fighter, no contra, no metal slug. I mean sure, you have the classics, but most people who grew up in arcades these days aren't remembering space invaders and galaga, it's street fighter and mortal kombat. With this move Microsoft is pushing people away from it's arcade service and onto these other platforms. It's not "Is it out there elsewhere?" It's "Why isn't it here?"

13. SPH73

Banned SPH73 Banned

United States
    Umm, no its not. If you can't find a better deal, take it. If "mature" content is already online then complaints are irrelevant. People just wanna bitch because well, you know, agendas...(not everybody, but most)

But seriously friend, I udnerstand where you are coming from. You need a MATURE place filled with MATURE titles that you can play online with your MATURE friends in a MATURE way, hence making you feel more MATURE in the process. And obviously since there's no other place that can fulfill your MATURE needs, the lack of MATURE titles on this service must come as a devastating blow to your MATURE sensibilities. That certainly is a MATURE concern.

14. FireEmblemGuy

Member FireEmblemGuy Finally hit 1000 posts

United States
    Dave Mirra?

15. GexX2

Member GexX2 Lurker

United States
    If I feel the need to "bitch" about a feature of my 360 that's trying to be the arcade brought into the living room, that doesn't have the MATURE stuff at the arcade, then I can bitch.

16. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    When i saw gameroom i thought it was a good ol arcade sim or something [​IMG]

17. House Spider

Banned House Spider In the GBAtemp attic.

Ireland
    Really? I never really check as I don't really like the Wii.

18. shakirmoledina

Member shakirmoledina Legend

Tanzania
    ratings are overrated esp since many ppl dont really care since if yer child is intelligent, he will just pirate a mature game (at the age of 13) though rare... i dont think there is a need for this since although they are trying to keep these games away from those for whom the game is not intended, the environment (reality) is pretty much uncensored around them, atleast they try